Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Unreal Evolution Mod: Now Released

Ash

Arcane
I'm sort-of against the idea of paid mods/monetisation of mods, or generally business interfering in any way. Otherwise we'll see it ruined like everything else vidja. The idea of the patreon is you donate because you think I'm worth it and know I'll produce good shit. And I'm an edge case head case because I spend a lot of time making large scale mods of high quality, mostly all by myself. To continue doing that I simply need to see some returns.

VTM:B is another that needs the touch of incline.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
Imagine if modding could have made people money aside from being auditions for jobs 15 years ago. Wesp5

I got a notification that my name was mentioned, so here are my 2 cents on this ;). I agree with Ash that mods should not be sold, otherwise many people would appear releasing tons of bad stuff like those horrible commercial HL2 mods! Valve only suggested this because they would get some more 30% shares without doing any work themselves. If people really want to pay for a mod, Patreon is the way to go, or in the case of my Bloodlines patch, people occassionally donated me Steam games or lately Steam currency so I can buy me some games as a reward :)! Nexus Mods already have a similar system installed...

RoSoDude

Arcane
I played the second beta version. The weapon modding system was super fun and made exploring for secrets a lot more rewarding. The weapons themselves feel a lot more satisfying to use, particularly the Stinger and Minigun. There's also a rather large expansion to one of the levels which I won't spoil, but was a major highlight of the experience. However, I played before these three changes:
  • Dedicated dodge key
  • Rebalanced difficulties with less obscene damage scaling
  • Hardcore mode with restricted saving
Given some of the frustrations I had with both the vanilla game and UE beta 2, these will be massive improvements as well. I hope the release goes well and Unreal Evolution brings a new level of appreciation for the game.

Ash

Arcane
ASMD Alt fire is indeed now boosted by the amp...I should really release this. it's been 99% done and sitting on my hard drive for a while, very proud and satisfied with it, but I struggle to find the time anymore. Time for making an installer, trailer, updating moddb page etc.

Ash

Arcane
Oh by "swirly" you mean the bio rifle alt fire thingie? Yeah I listened and scrapped that. The bio rifle alt fire now behaves as in UT - explodes and releases smaller blob clusters, the number of them depending on how long you charged up for.

Putting a swirly equivalent on the ASMD is a cool idea, but the current ASMD amped alt fire is also cool and more faithful.

Ash

Arcane
Sorry for the slow progress bros. I just finished the installer code. Technically it's ready to release, but I want to make a trailer to release alongside it, so bear with me.

I am dedicated to getting this done ASAP.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Nice! Looking forward to trying it. Does this include a modern renderer too (i.e. DX9/10/11, OpenGL, etc.) or would I need to download my own? Does anyone have any recommendations for renderers? I recall some of them would produce wonky effects.

Edit: Durr, actually the moddb page addresses this. I'll install all the shit and try the mod out soon-ish, then.

schru

Arcane
It seems like you've still been working with MultiTextures on in the renderer, which cause the skies to look very ugly (and possibly some map geometry looks darker with it, I'm not sure):

zqFMP64.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the same area, just a bit further back; the other textures look a little different due to the official high-resolution texture pack (never mind the CRT filter, it's just that this screenshot was at hand):

image002.jpg

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Nope since you told me about that I swapped. I just changed to a different renderer for recording

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Dodging is really buggy for me. Dodging by double-tapping a key doesn't work at all even if the option is enabled. After the first time I hit the "Dodge (Hold)" key, my dude will dodge every time I move until I reload the game, even if the key is no longer held down.

Ash

Arcane
Try unchecking the double tap checkbox.

I'll look into getting a hotfix out.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Unchecking double tap doesn't seem to have any effect on either double-tap dodging not working or the Dodge (Hold) key sticking until reload.

The upgrade you can get in the mine area on the NyLeve's Falls map says it will increase the recharge rate of the Dispersion Pistol by 30%, but on the weapon information screen that pops up when you use the translator it says 35%.

Weapons seem to fire toward a point that is slightly to the down and to the right of where the crosshair aims. No clue if that's caused by this mod or something else, though.

Weapon recoil is a sweet feature, and I just fought a Flak Cannon brute. That was pretty cool.

:bro:

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ash I see you recommend HD Skins v1, even though there's an updated version 2. Is the newest version incompatible?

Ash

Arcane
Ash I see you recommend HD Skins v1, even though there's an updated version 2. Is the newest version incompatible?

Can you tell me where I recommended v1? v2 is indeed better.

b-but i liked grunting with every jump :cry:

It's all you'd ever hear. UE's dodging changes makes it so that, for a good player, dodging will be near-non-stop. Moreso than vanilla.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom