Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The monk is probably the most underwhelming class to me. Medium BAB is such a hard sell for a class with no spells. I wanted to try a mantis monk until I found out her extra hands don't do monk unarmed damage. At least stunning fist is not wasted on a miss and it's usable a number of times per encounter instead of per day.
Didn't Grunker tell him what to do with the monk? I seem to remember discussions about it on HFG forums. Or did he not listen? Full BAB and a bunch of spell like abilities like PF would be nice.
The mind-boggling thing is that half the people who voted in this thread said the monk is fine with flurry of blows and medium BAB.

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311

Is this the thread you mean where he talks about how to fix the monk? I also agree that the druid could use some love. He's just like a weaker cleric right now. I seem to remember another thread where the monk was discussed, but I can't find it now.

So... The Monk. Again, one of the most weak classes as we've talked about before. I'll try once again to make suggestions for an easy "fix".

- Grant it d10 HD.

- My first order of the day would then be changing the damage dice. It's a relatively simple way of upping the monk's power a bit. My changes would be to make all dice one step higher so it would be: d8/d10/d12/2d8/2d10/2d12.

- Second thing is that percentage-based abilities are very bad. This is the reason 3.5 smashed everything in AD&D that was percentile-based, such as resitances. At the same time, the uses/day stunning fist was underwhelming and tiresome. I suggest an alternate route for stunning fist. Make it work 100% of the time, with the same saving throw as now, but change its effects. For example: At level one, the monk gains Fatiguing Fist, which applies the fatigue condition on a failed save for 1 round. This is upgraded to Sickening Fist on level 5, then Blinding Fist on level 10, Stunning Fist on level 15 and finally Paralyzing First on level 20.

- Grant monks a +2 bonus on grapple checks on level 4, then another +2 bonus on level 8. This also synergizes with their Sleep Hold.

- Upgrade Sleep Hold on level 12, so that if the grapple check is successful the target takes damage as if hit by the monks unarmed attack, after which it must attempt the Fortitude saving throw or fall asleep.

- Upgrade Deflect Arrows at level 13 to Reflect Arrows, which reflects the ranged attack back at the attacker. Upgrader Reflect Arrows to Reflect Ranged Attacks at level 17, which reflects all ranged attacks including ranged touch attacks such as spells like Melf's Acid Arrow. Still only works once per round of course.

- Grant the Monk the Pounce ability on level 11 (full attack on charge)

- As a final order of business make them immune to certain conditions on certain levels. Example could be one immunity each 4 levels, starting on level 4 with immunity to being sickened, then 8th blinded, then 12th slowed, 16th critical hits, 20th ability drain. Or something along those lines.

I feel these changes would help bring the Monk to a level where it could compete. The Monk is a difficult subject because it, by its very nature, is a gimmicky class. It doesn't always work, is situational, and often it stands around being immune to the enemy (which doesn't help the rest of the party because they're dying while their immune party member does nothing against the enemy). So I'm not sure, but the changes above outline what I feel would help the monk.

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=359

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The mind-boggling thing is that half the people who voted in this thread said the monk is fine with flurry of blows and medium BAB.

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=311

Is this the thread you mean where he talks about how to fix the monk? I also agree that the druid could use some love. He's just like a weaker cleric right now. I seem to remember another thread where the monk was discussed, but I can't find it now.

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=359

So... The Monk. Again, one of the most weak classes as we've talked about before. I'll try once again to make suggestions for an easy "fix".

- Grant it d10 HD.

- My first order of the day would then be changing the damage dice. It's a relatively simple way of upping the monk's power a bit. My changes would be to make all dice one step higher so it would be: d8/d10/d12/2d8/2d10/2d12.

- Second thing is that percentage-based abilities are very bad. This is the reason 3.5 smashed everything in AD&D that was percentile-based, such as resitances. At the same time, the uses/day stunning fist was underwhelming and tiresome. I suggest an alternate route for stunning fist. Make it work 100% of the time, with the same saving throw as now, but change its effects. For example: At level one, the monk gains Fatiguing Fist, which applies the fatigue condition on a failed save for 1 round. This is upgraded to Sickening Fist on level 5, then Blinding Fist on level 10, Stunning Fist on level 15 and finally Paralyzing First on level 20.

- Grant monks a +2 bonus on grapple checks on level 4, then another +2 bonus on level 8. This also synergizes with their Sleep Hold.

- Upgrade Sleep Hold on level 12, so that if the grapple check is successful the target takes damage as if hit by the monks unarmed attack, after which it must attempt the Fortitude saving throw or fall asleep.

- Upgrade Deflect Arrows at level 13 to Reflect Arrows, which reflects the ranged attack back at the attacker. Upgrader Reflect Arrows to Reflect Ranged Attacks at level 17, which reflects all ranged attacks including ranged touch attacks such as spells like Melf's Acid Arrow. Still only works once per round of course.

- Grant the Monk the Pounce ability on level 11 (full attack on charge)

- As a final order of business make them immune to certain conditions on certain levels. Example could be one immunity each 4 levels, starting on level 4 with immunity to being sickened, then 8th blinded, then 12th slowed, 16th critical hits, 20th ability drain. Or something along those lines.

I feel these changes would help bring the Monk to a level where it could compete. The Monk is a difficult subject because it, by its very nature, is a gimmicky class. It doesn't always work, is situational, and often it stands around being immune to the enemy (which doesn't help the rest of the party because they're dying while their immune party member does nothing against the enemy). So I'm not sure, but the changes above outline what I feel would help the monk.

I agree with everything but the d10 HP, d8 is just fine because a good monk will dodge everything.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Could also have fist weapons like cestas, power gloves, etc. They are equipment, so all properties and perks that come with actually having something on the hand would apply.

Defensive abilities, grapple feats and level based abilities are good but the build could be much more interesting to level if there is some expectation of combat assistive loot.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
by BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Quick update just to say that I've been focusing on KS preparation in the past week. That means I've been creating artwork, text, GIFs and thinking and writing about the stretch goals and reward tiers. I'm planning to do some more graphical work and talk some more with the artist, then I should be able to upload the KS page content soon. I'll post here when that's done.

Pod, regarding Steam keys, I think we've already covered the subject extensively there http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=791 and there https://steamcommunity.com/app/1083760/discussions/0/1639794651172667851/, hopefully I don't need to repeat the same stuff ad nauseam in this thread also.
icon_neutral.gif

Thank you all for reading, best regards!

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I found this interesting tidbit in a thread from 2014:

BlueSalamander said:
Yes, crafting is cool. I like weapon enchanting especially. But with crafting like in KotC, the game's rewards are cheapened, they're not so useful or interesting. On top of that, it throws the challenge level out of whack. So my plan is - weapon & armour crafting yes, but from a NPC and only after you've found rare gems in sufficient numbers or quality type. For all other items - wands, spell scrolls, rings, potions, wondrous items, basic weapons & armour, the plan is not to have any crafting. So if you want one of those things you have to find it from monsters or buy it from traders.

I was kinda curious since I had only seen recharging wands and weapon/armor enchantments mechanics mentioned in the K2 Database.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
makes sense in this case since the game is done and anythign raised is guaranteed to go towards improving quality of content.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I was checking to see if the KS campaign page had been updated at all, but all it's got is the pledge levels. The estimated delivery for the first module is December 2019, so maybe that means the Kickstarter was planned to begin in November.

Looks like the current module schedule is
  1. Augury of Chaos, December 2019
  2. The Dark Arena, June 2021
  3. Forces of Chaos, February 2022
  4. Heart of Evil, October 2022
I'm totally down for getting a new module every 7-9 months.
  1. Pledge £4 or more
    Adventurer
    Thank you for your pledge! The Hordes of Chaos will leave you alone... for a little while longer. Backers at this level and above will receive a KICKSTARTER KNIGHT label on our forums, where you can offer suggestions.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY Dec 2019
  2. Pledge £20 or more
    Champion
    DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF KOTC 2 AUGURY OF CHAOS. Includes the KotC 2 module editor and digital soundtracks. All Kickstarter backers will receive a special Kickstarter-only in-game item.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY Dec 2019
  3. Pledge £28 or more
    Paladin
    Champion Tier + DIGITAL DESKTOP / CONCEPT ART + AUGURY OF CHAOS PDF DIGITAL GUIDEBOOK containing advice on party creation, a detailed game walkthrough and advice on combat tactics.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY Jun 2021
  4. Pledge £40 or more
    Silver Knight
    Paladin Tier + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF KOTC 2 THE DARK ARENA, including another special Kickstarter-only in-game item.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY Jun 2021
  5. Pledge £53 or more
    Golden Knight
    Silver Knight Tier + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF FORCES OF CHAOS, including another special Kickstarter-only in-game item.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY Feb 2022
  6. Pledge £65 or more
    Diamond Knight
    Golden Knight Tier + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF HEART OF EVIL, including another special Kickstarter-only in-game item.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY Oct 2022
  7. Pledge £81 or more
    Hero of the Realm
    Diamond Knight Tier + DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF KOTC 1 AND BATTLE OF THE SANDS + STEAM KEY OF KOTC 1 + KOTC 2 TRILOGY PDF DIGITAL GUIDEBOOK + SPECIAL THANKS IN GAME CREDITS + KICKSTARTER HERO FORUM LABEL. We will add your name to the credits of the three new modules and you will receive a Kickstarter Hero label on our forums. We really appreciate your support!

8. Pledge £162 or more
    Loremaster
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + NAME SOMETHING. You can suggest a name of a place, character, monster, item or artifact that will appear in one of the three new modules (within reason).

9. Pledge £243 or more
    Story Teller
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + CREATE A SHORT STORY. You can submit a short story or a short piece of poetry and it will appear (within reason) in one of the three new modules in the form of a scroll or book for the player to read. You can also suggest the message’s location, such as a crypt or a wizard’s laboratory.

10. Pledge £324 or more
    Legendary Bard
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + CREATE A SOUNDTRACK. We will create a new soundtrack and add it to the game. We will take your suggestions into account (within reason).

INCLUDES:
    • New soundtrack
  11. Pledge £324 or more
    Artifact Crafter
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + CREATE AN ARTIFACT. We will add to one of the three new KotC 2 modules a new artifact weapon / armour or a new magic item or quest item. The item's properties, appearance and lore will be based on the suggestions you provide to us (within reason). If the item is intelligent, a dialogue could be associated with it. A new icon will be created for the item.

INCLUDES:
    • New in-game artifact icon
  12. Pledge £405 or more
    Epic Painter
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + CREATE A SPLASH SCREEN. We will add a new hand-drawn splash screen to the game. You can submit ideas for what you would like to see in the additional splash screen, such as a Lich, a Genie, a Dragon, a Wizard shooting a Lightning Bolt, or an army of Orcs. Upon launch, the game will select and display a random splash screen out of all the available ones.

INCLUDES:
    • New splash screen
  13. Pledge £487 or more
    Character Crafter
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + CREATE A CHARACTER. Help us create a non-player character (NPC) that will appear in one of the three new modules. We will send you a character-creation form. You can suggest to us the character’s name, class, gender, age, race, subrace, level, appearance, dialogue, alignment, personality and function and we will do our best to implement your ideas (within reason). You can choose to have the NPC ask a riddle to the player. Includes a new in-game portrait, based on art / picture / description you provide.

INCLUDES:
    • New in-game portrait / token
  14. Pledge £649 or more
    Epic Sculptor
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + CREATE A PLAYER-CHARACTER SPRITE. We will add to the game a new selectable player-character sprite and token based on the description or image you provide to us (within reason). Includes a new sprite and token based on art / picture / description you provide.

INCLUDES:
    • New in-game sprite and token
  15. Pledge £812 or more
    Monster Crafter
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + CREATE A MONSTER. We will add to one of the three new KotC 2 modules a new monster. We will send you a monster creation form. You can suggest to us the monster’s name, size, reach, type, race, class, level, ability scores, special abilities, appearance, function and dialogue, and details such as how and where the monster is expected to appear and whether it fights alone or with other creatures. The monster's appearance and abilities will be based on your suggestions (within reason). Includes a new sprite and token based on art / picture / description you provide.

INCLUDES:
    • New in-game sprite and token
  16. Pledge £1,217 or more
    Quest Crafter
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + CREATE A QUEST. We will add to one of the first three KotC 2 modules a new fun and challenging quest based on your ideas (within reason). Finally, you have a chance to unleash your devious inner demon! You can provide suggestions on the monsters encountered, the main villain, particular circumstances such as a surprise attack, pincer attack, underwater attack, party-divided attack or limited resting, details of NPC dialogues, quest items, quest rewards, riddles, puzzles, and / or the options given to the player to resolve the quest.

INCLUDES:
    • New in-game quest
  17. Pledge £2,434 or more
    Companion Crafter
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE A COMPANION. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. We will send you a character-creation form in order to add to the three new modules a new recruitable NPC. We will give him/her/it a personality and things to say, based on the suggestions you provide to us concerning the NPC's name, class, gender, age, race, subrace, level, appearance, dialogue, alignment, personality and personal quest (within reason). You can suggest how and where the NPC can be found and recruited by the player’s party. Includes a new sprite and token based on art / picture / description you provide. Also, a ranking of the five largest contributors will be displayed at the top of the in-game Credits of the three new modules, displaying each contributor's name or nickname and country of origin.

INCLUDES:
    • New recruitable companion
  18. Pledge £2,434 or more
    Map Crafter
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE AN ADVENTURE MAP. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. We will add to one of the three new KotC 2 modules a new map. We will draw it and bring it to life with NPCs, dialogues, quests and creatures, based on the suggestions you provide to us (within reason). You can provide suggestions on the environment, architectural style or function of the site. If you want, you can provide suggestions for a non-combat puzzle or riddle associated with the map, too. Also, a ranking of the five largest contributors will be displayed at the top of the in-game Credits of the three new modules, displaying each contributor's name or nickname and country of origin.

INCLUDES:
    • New in-game adventure map
  19. Pledge £4,058 or more
    Archmage
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE AN ENEMY ADVENTURING PARTY. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. Help us design a fiendish enemy adventuring party or monster group that will confront the player’s party in one of the three new modules. We will send you six character / creature sheets for you to fill out. You can provide suggestions on the equipment and combat AI of the enemies (what spells will they cast, will anyone run away). You can provide suggestions on how and where the player should get ambushed and details of the associated map, quest and supporting monsters. Includes one new map and new sprites and tokens based on art / pictures / descriptions you provide. Also, a ranking of the five largest contributors will be displayed at the top of the in-game Credits of the three new modules, displaying each contributor's name or nickname and country of origin.

INCLUDES:
    • New in-game adventure map
    • New in-game sprites and tokens
  20. Pledge £8,000
    Supreme Archmage
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE A RECURRING VILLAIN. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. Help us create an important villain who will appear in all of the three new modules. We will give life to that villain and his lieutenants using the ideas you submit to us (within reason). We will send you six character/creature sheets for you to fill out. You can provide suggestions on the dialogue, equipment and combat AI of the enemies (what spells will they cast, will anyone run away, who survives). You can suggest how and where the player should get ambushed and details of the associated maps, quests and supporting monsters. Includes three new maps as well as new sprites and tokens. Your name will appear at the top of the in-game Credits, dear Supreme Archmage. I am but your humble, grovelling servant. Yours will be a glorrrious victory... Oh no! Not the Greater Disintegration ray! Pleeease!! Arghh!

INCLUDES:
    • Three new in-game adventure maps
    • New in-game sprites and tokens
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/947609585?ref=8amqiu&token=df2b2dd2

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Who says Pierre doesn't like money? He's going with Pounds Sterling rather than Euros.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
KotC 2 looks epic. I can't play an good turn based RPG since ToEE... The first kotc was decent, but not epic.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
If anyone has suggestions or issues with the different pledges now is an excellent time to make suggestion on the kickstarter page before he launches it.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So he's asking for like 100$ for all the content? ROFL. I can' wait till he releases the modding tools and demands 95% royalties and a 3000$ licensing fee.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Still not live but very soon:
85c0d773b67810c4b2e3eef2f07ace91_original.png

e20e829872d0d586ac4344b277be4b53_original.gif

aa5741a4226aff72a08e7f7d9cc526f2_original.png

Greetings to you, worthy friends! KotC 2 is the brilliant offspring of acclaimed computer role-playing game Knights of the Chalice (now available on Steam). The new game is intended to recreate the best aspects of past 2D D&D computer RPGs such as Baldur's Gate 2, Temple of Elenental Evil, Dark Sun Shattered Lands, Champions of Krynn and Planescape: Torment.

KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of tabletop RPG Dungeons & Dragons 3.5. D&D 3.5 is well known for its tactical depth and the wealth of its character classes, feats and spells. KotC 2 expands the library of races, classes, feats, skills and spells in order to be even more Devious & Deadly than D&D!

79e8c5c3b87da405437108876c0fd5ab_original.png

Two-handed weapon, dual wielding or ranged combat: find your favourite fighting style!
04d1c457735153666169e341f9be6c84_original.png

KotC 2 comes with a powerful integrated editor giving YOU the opportunity to turn your own idea of the perfect RPG scenario into the reality that many players will enjoy in years to come. The best modules may also generate an income stream for you.

The graphic style for characters and monsters in KotC 2 has been the subject of many a debate. I say let this Kickstarter campaign be the judge of how complex the graphic style should be.

No matter the style, you can be sure that KotC 2 adventures will always give priority to the quality of gameplay : the excitement of exploration and discovery, the satisfaction of using YOUR party and YOUR intelligence to overcome cunning enemy groups, the relief of surviving through gigantic traps only to become stronger, the sense of freedom and meaning experienced only when YOUR dialogue choices actually matter.

5ff4734e369955836298e75c876bcc51_original.png

To me, RPGs are the most fascinating kind of video game. A good RPG maintains player interest by offering various activities that seem to flow naturally from one to the other:

• Character creation and improvement
  • Exploration and world map navigation
  • Tactical combat and survival
  • Item collection and inventory management
  • Riddle and puzzle resolution
  • Coded message cryptography
  • Story, quest and dialogue choices management
One of the hallmarks of a great RPG is the avoidance of the domination of any one of these activities over the others. For example, inventory management should not be overly time-consuming. KotC 2 addresses this issue by having enemies drop important items only, not their entire equipment.

Likewise, puzzles should not end up taking most of the player's time or become an endless source of frustration. Dialogue and story telling, while essential, are most effective when the opportunity of enjoying a substantial tactical combat challenge presents itself frequently to the player.

7e1c68c3d2308407ed2981dd0ff4f920_original.png

Why do I need a Kickstarter campaign? Why not simply release KotC 2 Augury of Chaos (the first adventure made with the KotC 2 toolset) immediately? In fact, the amount of work and courage required for a KS campaign is significant, so any developer would be wise to hesitate!

Then again, this amount of work pales in comparison to the work I have had to put into the KotC 2 engine from 2009 to 2019 in order to bring my vision to life. Work and dedication certainly go a long way, so much in fact that, yes, Augury of Chaos could be released right now.

3f0606c5b7dfe15768a4959a8a9e590e_original.png

c34ea8d3aecddf267d783d33f55bbea7_original.png

However, with the support of Kickstarter backers, we can transform KotC 2 from a single great game into an awesome series of adventure modules that will stand the test of time. KotC 2 was made on a shoestring budget without any support from banks, publishers or government, meaning that the game is a genuinely independent product.

A number of people generously donated their money, talent or time to the project. To these people I send a heartfelt Thank You, as this game could not exist in its present form without you!

With KS funding we can envision greater things for KotC 2. We can envision graphical environments and creatures on a par with Temple of Elemental Evil or Baldur's Gate 2. We can envision epic music on a par with that of Conan films or Neverwinter Nights 2 Storm of Zehir and Mask of the Betrayer.

We can envision a wealth of quests and companion interactions on a par with those of Baldur's Gate 2. We can envision a wealth of story telling and dialogue choices on a par with those of Planescape: Torment. We can envision the creation of new engrossing and challenging modules both by the developer and players for many years to come. With your help and support, let us turn this dream into a reality!

e56e10cf793d757ffa0dad5fb4bc9f38_original.png

9580e4b6d76d1d0c06208aae7a44f87a_original.png

13b982c767b27935b0cee7ec313660c6_original.gif

Animated GIF: The acid version of Power Fireball, followed by a five-foot step.
69c2b66e1484bac6e9720e7459e260ad_original.png

03cbf02cf655fa1b2396765f544d836f_original.gif

6b65ba54f574e1c243bd7667e2eab461_original.png

3806330b44b58fe4bb706b370d6163a6_original.png

Here is the list of Stretch Goals:
327a310adfbb67193ab6d48499f83c8d_original.png

498052a2a6eacc66c693b615c0934d76_original.png

Here is the list of Social Goals:
c385e368a476e3fa9202cbed90fc7ec3_original.png

7b8769784b17ed1bc7e1e3c41705de26_original.png

Here is the Timed Goal:
9bfd73d537cac09c0da0771f9a4683bf_original.png

06777df99782d4983f48504143b3f3f7_original.png

1540ac256f7fbe8a969a34056edfe01e_original.png

913095adc600c7cf3c01228a4260c433_original.png

9180ddbe1bdd2deafac4ccec1eac2cb3_original.gif

Animated GIF: Xifralia the Elven Wizard casts Fireball as part of a Ready Versus Spell action, thus disrupting the enemy’s plan to cast Electric Sphere on the party members.
ceabd8f7984f025c793070f91375f227_original.png

I'm sure that with the picture below, you will be able to identify some of the most important sources of inspiration for the story of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos and the three upcoming adventure modules:

ec7369d656eb7168fcc8bf1519e99742_original.png

03cd427b98e133fa1e8c0e418a3b4fbc_original.png

ae86732ae932787e4eb89e5c868dbfd6_original.png

4a01f7db710d21fe8b4b8c6e6b5b6ec0_original.png

Create the ultimate battle party, or a band of reluctant misfits, the choice is yours!
04d1c457735153666169e341f9be6c84_original.png

d8a05915acd97192e681eba7a7755c86_original.png

The World of Mindrel is one battered by rampant oppression, dreadful raiding, and sinister threats of invasion. A brutal world of scheming power-hungry Wizards in their golden towers, arrogant and remorseless Dragons and powerful Kings plotting the cruel downfall of their neighbours. Who knows how far will your party have to travel on its epic quest for Good and Justice?

498052a2a6eacc66c693b615c0934d76_original.png

Click here to read about the Gods and Dark Forces in the World of Mindrel

8b8aab9afe49e96e5943f668550766a2_original.png

fe4213d21a23dcac340c6bdfb1d60fef_original.png

Powerful artifacts can make the difference between Life and Death for your party. Uncover these forgotten relics and improve them with 122 Enchantments!
5ff4734e369955836298e75c876bcc51_original.png

ebd9d2353042da1783fbff8716ec0fe6_original.png

40fcf09d32aba34f00ad2d782900df33_original.png

Some of the monsters that your valiant party will have to face.
18db074f1b1a59ad17de855dbca4eabe_original.png

13b95b70bf249bba85ac2761a03b0f11_original.png

fcd111c0d3e40bd05f8f55598d05da27_original.png

54c7e8429e8e1b41e7fc12f4af294afb_original.png

6067f12a35defbc1393f0139c24ff454_original.png

1104e50c45f123e0a64344c0d18dda9b_original.png

c833a8796fd45c9e98df9daf6d346e6b_original.png

df23eac9c915fb0735f506f2e8f60f9b_original.png

fc9f7ec9f8de082df6373a47a1d76f20_original.png

1358db9aab613daf84c4ad25d2148d47_original.png

8306941fce4d626c690d53c83c2ab33f_original.png

7e85b4d50f3c8983c9d3e4c603b2ed9b_original.png

bd1bfe91ccfc8f0eaf08a3f9bc4ce095_original.png

9befeb28c7ca427c5d7cd11599db805a_original.png

2c0e1354aa6c1947b11fd72c4121b833_original.png

d7933f5b1dd5984cddb722268d7eee8e_original.png

bae9b43eca8de5628a948506744f6563_original.png

fb6307a67d2378b0f667877dca84a87d_original.png

0608aa65aeb16e4d248c4325ba099d53_original.png

5e23e0646f91719ced65139f4a2ab788_original.png

1c47e344a6e05923547ba04311b9b260_original.png

4ec669f8169010c279ea87fab901b177_original.png

c43416fd61e6b7ede6ac89628b85c208_original.png

Risks and challenges
KotC 2 Augury of Chaos already exists as a full game, so there isn't any risk in that respect. The three new modules have yet to be created, but they will be created using the KotC 2 editor. This means that development should be fast.

There is uncertainty associated with the time required to implement the new features that will be unlocked as part of the stretch goal programme. The more features get unlocked, the more time will be required to implement them. That is particularly true of the following elements:

- Addition of any new Character Classes.
- Coding of Random Encounter Tools.
- Coding of the Animated-Sprite feature.
- The creation of visually-pleasing Animated Sprites.
- Addition of a 3D character engine, if indeed we unlock this and backers support it.
- The creation of 3D models, if indeed we unlock this and backers support it.

The creation of new hand-drawn environments and story images will also take time, as well as the creation of the Mac version of the game. None of these factors should be a particular cause for concern, but players should be aware of potential delays.

Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Questions about this project? Check out the FAQ

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Due to the hot topic of animated sprites, make notice of the stretch goals at:
50,000 - animated sprites in 2 direction
75,000 - animated sprites in 2 directions or 4 directions for humanoid creatures
100,000 - animated sprites in 4 directions
200,000 - animated 3D models - idle and move +3D models of all the weapons the characters can hold
250,000 - animated 3D models - idle, move and attack
300,000 - animated 3D models - idle, move, attack, fall and stand up

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Actually the 3D animated stretch goals specifically say: "Subject to backer demand"
So I guess if we tell him we don't want it, he will simply not implement it.

In any case the 200k-300k are the very last stretch goals , we are probably not going to get to that.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
As long as we get the 3 extra modules. That is of utmost importance.

That's a given since they are the first 3 stretch goals, if they don't pass we can declare the kickstarter a failure.

Also all 3 are part of the rewards for backers which makes me wonder what will happen if we don't get to one of the stretch goal that people have pledged on.

Grimlorn

Arcane
What happens when the UK leaves the EU and the pound loses half its value in the middle of the Kickstarter campaign?
honkhonk.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom