Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Make avatars unique to posters to avoid confusion

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now selling Codex Uncucked Edition DLC

CXg8gnm.png
Shut up about this you cuck. Now he will delete the commented shit from the code.

yeah he does strike me as hard working admin listening to feedback of forum users
Indeed he does, when he has to fuck around with them, and when it requires minimal effort. Delete these posts you and haba, and cover it up, is my advice.

Absinthe

Arcane
HE WILL NOT UNITE US!

here is me learning js in 10min:
var messages = document.getElementsByClassName('message')
var i;
for (i=0;i<messages.length;i++)
{
var element = messages[ i ];
var nick = element.getAttribute('data-author');

var pom = document.createElement('div');
pom.className = 'aaatooltip';
pom.textContent = nick;
element.getElementsByClassName('userText')[0].prepend( pom );

avatard = element.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder')[0];
toremove = avatard.getElementsByClassName('avatar')[0];
avatard.innerHTML = avatard.innerHTML.replace("<!--", "").replace("-->","");

}
Here is my lazier version:

Code:
javascript:for (h=0;h<document.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder').length;h++) {for (j=0;document.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder')[h].childNodes[j].nodeType!=8;j++);void(document.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder')[h].innerHTML=document.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder')[h].childNodes[j].data);for (j=0;document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].childNodes[j].nodeType!=8;j++);void(document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].innerHTML=document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].innerHTML.replace(document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].childNodes[0].data, document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].childNodes[j].data));}

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
HE WILL NOT UNITE US!

here is me learning js in 10min:
var messages = document.getElementsByClassName('message')
var i;
for (i=0;i<messages.length;i++)
{
var element = messages[ i ];
var nick = element.getAttribute('data-author');

var pom = document.createElement('div');
pom.className = 'aaatooltip';
pom.textContent = nick;
element.getElementsByClassName('userText')[0].prepend( pom );

avatard = element.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder')[0];
toremove = avatard.getElementsByClassName('avatar')[0];
avatard.innerHTML = avatard.innerHTML.replace("<!--", "").replace("-->","");

}
Here is my lazier version:

Code:
javascript:for%20(h=0;%20h<document.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder').length;%20h++)%20{for%20(j=0;document.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder')[h].childNodes[j].nodeType!=8;j++);void(document.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder')[h].innerHTML=document.getElementsByClassName('avatarHolder')[h].childNodes[j].data);for%20(j=0;document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].childNodes[j].nodeType!=8;j++);void(document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].innerHTML=document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].innerHTML.replace(document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].childNodes[0].data, document.getElementsByClassName('userText')[h].childNodes[j].data))};

Plugging that into a tampermonkey script so it works on all pages would be wrong and you shouldn't do it.

You shouldn't set the domain to https://rpgcodex.net/forums/* either.

laclongquan

Arcane
What can you do? Codexers need continuous reinforcing examples of why they dont want to touch avatar/button/nickname subject.

But Codexers are varied in age joining and temperament so we get treated to this train wrecks every so often.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Avatar loot boxes are currently under development. Users will be able to choose from a selection of price ranges, with better and more unique avatars available in the more expensive boxes.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I wonder what the staff forums are like right now. We are all being laughed at aren't we?
Do I look like I'm laughing?

At this point the staff is used to this sort of shit so we don't even discuss it, we simply sigh and hope it blows over soon like the rest of you.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom