Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Generic-Giant-Spider

I've been reported because every time I use Blind I have a /yell macro attached to it that goes, "LOL LOOK MA IT'S HELLEN KELLER."

Generic-Giant-Spider

Another good way to make some money is to roll need on items you claim you can use but actually vendor. Like some bosses in dungeons drop vendor items that suck cock that you can pawn off for like 4g. Just say "I really need that, my current item sucks." Then you wear it for the remainder of that dungeon, hearth out, sell that shit and laugh.

Sometimes you're in a group with zombies that don't pay attention and can get away rolling need more often than not.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Another good way to make some money is to roll need on items you claim you can use but actually vendor. Like some bosses in dungeons drop vendor items that suck cock that you can pawn off for like 4g. Just say "I really need that, my current item sucks." Then you wear it for the remainder of that dungeon, hearth out, sell that shit and laugh.

Sometimes you're in a group with zombies that don't pay attention and can get away rolling need more often than not.
It's even better on hybrids. "I need it for my other spec". Cha ching.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Did I mention that Gloves of Holy Might dropped for me?
Nice. My friend got a Krol Blade yesterday and my brother just got the Pattern for the Truefaith Vestments from our Strath run. Still no epix for me. Haven't gotten any (feral) loot since RFD for that matter. Tanking is starting to become a bit annoying with the 30 ilvl ave gear that I have for my Feral spec. Got a full set of good heal gear tho, maybe it's time to respec resto.

Syl

Cipher
Nice. My friend got a Krol Blade yesterday and my brother just got the Pattern for the Truefaith Vestments from our Strath run. Still no epix for me. Haven't gotten any (feral) loot since RFD for that matter. Tanking is starting to become a bit annoying with the 30 ilvl ave gear that I have for my Feral spec. Got a full set of good heal gear tho, maybe it's time to respec resto.
The only pre-raid epic for feral is the Warden Staff: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=943/warden-staff

A must have (with +25 agi enchant).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The only pre-raid epic for feral is the Warden Staff: https://classic.wowhead.com/item=943/warden-staff

Yeah, but fug paying 400g for it. I'll wait for it to drop to 50g in price, or go run Diremaul for the rare version of this staff that's only slightly worse.

Cromwell

Arcane
I need a few tipps. Someone on my server bought a shitton of strange dust (about close to 1k) and put it back into the auctionhosue for 1c/99s. naturally all his auctions now fill up the first gazillion pages and without addon you cant filter for anything other than bids. Is there a way to fuck someone like this over? It mnust have cost him a fortune to set up since at that price its about 20s deposit per item and since I use auctioneer it doesnt matter much to me, but it also means my own dust or that of others isnt visible to normal people without addons (at leats the ones that dont want to skip to pae 50 or something),. Right now I can only hope nobody is dumb enough to buy such an item from him at that prisce so that the deposits will eventually kill him and I of course bid on them.

Syl

Cipher
It doesn't cost anything (deposit = 0) to put enchant raw materials on the AH. It's a market manipulator's dream. ;)

Cromwell

Arcane
It doesn't cost anything (deposit = 0) to put enchant raw materials on the AH. It's a market manipulator's dream. ;)

shit I forgot about that. So theres nothing one can do, if you arent the first to spam you will be invisible.

Syl

Cipher
Wait... he put a thousand stacks of 1?

If so, report him, that's bad behaviour. Only acceptable with maxed stacks (20) in my opinion.

Cromwell

Arcane
Wait... he put a thousand stacks of 1?

I cant give you the correct number but 1k should be somewhat correct (I alone bid on 6 pages of his stuff with 49 items per auctioneer page). The Dust search had about 35 pages of items and most of them were from him. I dont think you can report people for that since he didnt do anything wrong (althoug I dont know with nublizzard). I also dont hate him for doing it I just thought theres something one can do to counter that, undercut him in some way or something. Because if there isnt you will instantly lose the abillity to sell to people that dont have an addon for the AH if someone like this shows up. I also dont think anybode that can afford 1 gold per strange dust will buy it for that so I dont know his strategy here.

Gregz

Arcane
First 40-man raid in MC tonight.

I had a lot of fun leveling from 1-60 but I've found myself on my server's #1 hardcore guild and it's pretty draining...I'm starting to remember why I stopped doing this.

Syl

Cipher
I cant give you the correct number but 1k should be somewhat correct (I alone bid on 6 pages of his stuff with 49 items per auctioneer page). The Dust search had about 35 pages of items and most of them were from him. I dont think you can report people for that since he didnt do anything wrong (althoug I dont know with nublizzard). I also dont hate him for doing it I just thought theres something one can do to counter that, undercut him in some way or something. Because if there isnt you will instantly lose the abillity to sell to people that dont have an addon for the AH if someone like this shows up. I also dont think anybode that can afford 1 gold per strange dust will buy it for that so I dont know his strategy here.
I agree, that's a strange strategy.

The abusive part in my opinion is the stacks of 1 dust, not the total number. I mean if someone is willing to store 1000 stacks of 20 and put them on the AH everyday, fine. Doing the same artificially with 50 stacks split into 1000 stacks of 1, is worthy of a report. And let's see what Blizzard think.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I need a few tipps. Someone on my server bought a shitton of strange dust (about close to 1k) and put it back into the auctionhosue for 1c/99s. naturally all his auctions now fill up the first gazillion pages and without addon you cant filter for anything other than bids. Is there a way to fuck someone like this over? It mnust have cost him a fortune to set up since at that price its about 20s deposit per item and since I use auctioneer it doesnt matter much to me, but it also means my own dust or that of others isnt visible to normal people without addons (at leats the ones that dont want to skip to pae 50 or something),. Right now I can only hope nobody is dumb enough to buy such an item from him at that prisce so that the deposits will eventually kill him and I of course bid on them.
Click a few pages in and start bidding on his shit at 1c.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I wonder if the AH sorts by name after whatever category you choose. You could make an AH alt with a name like Aaaaaaaaaaaa to test it out, but I'd just chalk this one up to a loss.

J1M

Arcane

Yeah, but fug paying 400g for it. I'll wait for it to drop to 50g in price, or go run Diremaul for the rare version of this staff that's only slightly worse.
Consider this combo until then:
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=11805/rubidium-hammer
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=13385/tome-of-knowledge

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Level 44, 91g, no mount. Fucking Blizzard and fucking Codex assholes who can't even lend a bloke some VIRTUAL currency. Ridiculous.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
With ghost wolf I don't see the need for the level 40 mount. Will allow to save some gold. Something that I found to be ridiculously cheap, on ashbringer EU at least, were bags... 23 silver for 10 slot bags is pretty nice.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So far I've sold three Pattern: Runecloth Bag on AH and have turned 3,6g into 27,9g.
And now three more, turning 7,2g into 55,5g. Easy money. That is, if you can actually manage to buy the goddamn patterns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom