Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791462499897/announcements/detail/1613900039331048462

We're in the last stages of development and ready for fresh eyes to find fresh bugs!

If you're interested, you can sign up now. Just join the Kitfox Discord and check the pinned note in the Six Ages channel to get started. We'll contact you in the coming days or weeks if you're selected (randomly).

With your help, we hope we can finally settle on a launch date.

Thanks in advance!

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
It might be close, I'm seeing quite frequent build updates on Steam. And we've already accepted the third or fourth round of public testers.
Hey, if it's better than the HeroCraft KODP port, it's worth it.

Last edited:

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
And we've already accepted the third or fourth round of public testers.

This is one of those games where I'm anticipating it so much that I don't want to know anything about it until it comes out. I want it to be like finding Civ 2 or MOO2 under the Christmas tree one morning.

I don't even mind waiting that much either. I'm just glad I didn't have to choose between buying an Apple product and not playing this game because that would have probably driven me insane.

Insert Title Here
Started a new game of KoDP while waiting. It's been a while, so I gotta ask do some gods prefer a certain kind of sacrifice?

I have a vague memory that Uralda and/or Chalana Arroy prefer goods over murdering cattle in their name, but after a quick search it seems like this might not actually be the case?

And how about thrall sacrifice, are all gods OK with those?

Endemic

Arcane
I have a vague memory that Uralda and/or Chalana Arroy prefer goods over murdering cattle in their name, but after a quick search it seems like this might not actually be the case

There's some RNG involved, but you are in theory supposed to get better results by sacrificing goods to the likes of Chalana Arroy\Issaries\Lhankor Mhy, and cattle to Urox\Orlanth\Humakt.

And how about thrall sacrifice, are all gods OK with those?

Just to see what happened, I tried sacrificing thralls to Chalana Arroy. The worshipper of hers I had on the clan council did not take that well, and immediately quit in disgust. :P

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
That's one thing I really love about the game. I never played where I used thralls, but I knew that I could have if I wanted to and the game would have respected my decision. So even though I never took that path and didn't experience it directly, it made my decision to not take thralls have a lot more meaning than if it was a false choice where being good or bad gets you better rewards.

Endemic

Arcane
That's one thing I really love about the game. I never played where I used thralls, but I knew that I could have if I wanted to and the game would have respected my decision. So even though I never took that path and didn't experience it directly, it made my decision to not take thralls have a lot more meaning than if it was a false choice where being good or bad gets you better rewards.

Well, the main benefit is that they consume 50% less food, but to counteract that, there can be revolts and other negative events. Also, the children of thralls are born free, so they lose their economic impact as your population grows. Still, it's an easy way to get more workers early on (eg from the refugee events).

You do need to be consistent with your choices in clan creation, it's something you decide at the start. Taking thralls if your ancestors didn't will cause a loss of clan magic (and it does go negative of course).

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
HELLO @Six Ages Chieftain ! It's official - Six Ages comes out on Steam and GOG OCT 17, 2019! Mark your calendars~
Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/881420/Six_Ages_Ride_Like_the_Wind/
GOG: https://af.gog.com/game/six_ages_ride_like_the_wind?as=1649904300
Tweet to share if you want to be a pal:
https://twitter.com/KitfoxGames/status/1176873996249370624

Now, I know you'll all be playing Disco Elysium already. But also consider -

VagueNearAyeaye-small.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Modron

Arcane
Six Ages, Stygian, Encased, and Disco Elysium inside one 30 day window, won't somebody please think of my poor wallet.

Got bored and left

Fuck me, this autumn is amazing. The leaves will soon turn red, just like my damn balance sheet :dealwithit:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wasn't going to buy it yet, but $17.40 was too tempting to refuse.

Wrong freakin' thread.

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Since I got asked about review codes - if you want to do a review, best option is to go through the publisher - Kitfox:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Minimum:
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1024x768 or larger resolution
  • DirectX: Version 9.0
  • Storage: 1 GB available space

Win10 ???
Thank you, but no thanks.

Hey Merlkir can you confirm this?
Will the game run on Windows 7 or do we need Windows 10?

It only required DirectX 9 so I don't see any reason why it'd be Win 10 exclusive, so I hope this was just a mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom