Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Make avatars unique to posters to avoid confusion

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
That said, there's a problem. The latest "Citizen" lark does not come without forum problems, namely that Codexers that need to be 'looked up' for whatever reasons... er... cannot anymore. Because you can't click their username anymore.

Instead of proposing that the "Citizen"-addition be dropped, I propose that the "Citizen"-addition be upgraded so that people can click it and access the regular forum options for the respective Citizen.

I know that this suggestion goes a way towards invalidating the joke intent behind it, but people also need to know that a joke can only be carried so far. I'm not offering an end to the joke, merely for an option to keep it going without hampering basic forum functions.
Proposing sweeping solutions without even trying to work within the constraints of the existing system, typical.

You cannot click on the profile, but you can click on the messages number. Outwards homegeneization does not require lobotomization, citizen.

Regards,
Your friendly neighbourhood citizen

vdweller

Arcane
Developer
An extremely lulzy move would be (if technically possible) to shuffle usernames and avatars. So poster A has the nick, avatar etc of poster B . Bonus points if all ratings are actually rewarded to the usurped user. Can't wait to be masked as janjetina and start posting how much I enjoy cock.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Suggested at least twice in this thread, already.

An extremely lulzy move would be (if technically possible) to shuffle usernames and avatars. So poster A has the nick, avatar etc of poster B . Bonus points if all ratings are actually rewarded to the usurped user. Can't wait to be masked as janjetina and start posting how much I enjoy cock.

I suggest reshuffling usernames and avatars - randomly.

Imagine the shock of the the poor bastard who ends up Fantadomat.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
DU this doesn't work as well as threat as it would work when you'd keep your User name.

some funny shit

Scholar
You know what'd be really funny though?

Shuffling the avatars and names of users around.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Squid

Arbiter
ust browse codex in source code bros. Truth is still there
There is no truth. Only union. Unity in the swarm. Defiance will not be tolerated. All is one, one is all.

Let all those who oppose the Overmind feel the wrath of the Swarm!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

So as redemption ark for smaug ,making him play the citizen elected game would be a nice thing!

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/what-rpg-to-play.129933/

50 hours of skyrim should be enough for avatar returning price. Also it will take enough time for you to get bored of the joke :).
Dude, if you want to play Skyrim, just play it.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Baldur's Gate 3 announced - Crooked Bee posts = 0

Outer Worlds released - Crooked Bee posts = 0

Various prestigious RPGs released/announced - Crooked Bee posts = 0

Dark Underlord shitting in a top hat, then wearing it, as the shit trickles down his skull in rivulets, smearing down even inbetween his teeth - Crooked Bee posts = 1.

If there is any true barometer of decline, it's Crooked Bee's posts, I feel.

But yes, shuffle things around. <3

Paxton

Novice
I don't understand the problem some citizens have with this. I never had any meaningful attachment to my user name or profile image, and I don't find it any more difficult now to consider different opinions than before.

Gord

Arcane
Ah, it's that time of the year again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom