Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

When do you stop being a newfag?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
25449.jpg

ItsChon said:

Our recent predicament is at the hands of one of these retards, but I was one of these retards a year ago. Most would say I still am. The question remains, at what time or at what level of status do you graduate from being one of these disgusting creatures to the average piece of shit Codexer?

Last edited:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
The question remains, at what time or at what level of status do you graduate from being one of these disgusting creatures to the average piece of shit Codexer?

It's a matter of degree. Your newfaggishness declines over time (well, maybe not yours: I should have said one's newfaggishness declines over time) but only the truly old ones are completely free of the stench, and their ways and not for the likes of you or I to comprehend.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Our recent predicament is at the hands of one of these retards, but I was one of these retards a year ago. Most would say I still am. The question remains, at what time or at what level of status do you graduate from being one of these disgusting creatures to the average piece of shit Codexer?

You will always be a newfag to older members. But the more newer members appear on the site and older ones get retired, the less newfag you appear to be

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
You stop being a newfag when you have stared into the Codex abyss and the abyss has stared back into you. You know it when it happens.

GD access is usually after one year

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Newfaggotry is a state of mind and behaviour. As Citizen said it's typically something that wears off with time but for some it's eternal, forever doomed to be a newfag.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
OP, ask yourself: Do you like Boxxy? Can you triforce? Do you remember by heart where to find Ankheg Plate Mail and Wizard's ring? When presented with a bowl of diarrhea in a fancy restaurant, do you instantly vomit or do you write a positive neutral review?

That'll do for now.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you paid for an access to GD and to shoutbox before 1 year was due, you have to add another 5 years to any estimates for the expiration date presented in this thread.

OP, I have bad news...

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
25449.jpg

ItsChon said:

Should've asked people who joined after 2015 to shut their mouths seeing as their opinions are worthless. I thank the rest for their answers though.

Last edited:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Well, it's a numbers game. You need an appropriate number of experience points. Once you have enough, let's say 10 points, you hit the next level.

• Donate to the Codex (1 point)
  • Start a thread on "What is an RPG" and state you have the answer. Post really poorly thought out definition of an RPG. ( 1 point)
  • Defend Oblivion with some kind of "For what it is..." or "Skyrim is much worse..." type thread. (1 point)
  • Start a "Let's Play..." and post updates to it more than 4 times (2 points)
  • Ask why we can't have custom avatars in Site Feedback. (2 points)
  • 1,000 Brofists. (3 points)
  • Post picture of yourself in GD Pictures thread. (1 point)
  • Post actual picture of yourself in GD Pictures thread, bald head, ugly tattoo and all (3 points)
  • Talk about your sexual leanings in RPG Discussion (1 point)
  • Be an object of public scorn on the Codex for at least 3 days (2 points)
  • Find out who at least one tranny is on the Codex. Publicly state at least two reasons why they are going to hell. (2 points)
  • Through private messaging, hit on or make overtures or offer room and board to above tranny. (3 points)
  • Sleep with above tranny. (5 points)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, it's a numbers game. You need an appropriate number of experience points. Once you have enough, let's say 10 points, you hit the next level.

• Start a thread on "What is an RPG" and state you have the answer. Post really poorly thought out definition of an RPG. ( 1 point)
  • Defend Oblivion with some kind of "For what it is..." or "Skyrim is much worse..." type thread. (1 point)
  • Post actual picture of yourself in GD Pictures thread, bald head, ugly tattoo and all (3 points)
  • Find out who at least one tranny is on the Codex. Publicly state at least two reasons why they are going to hell. (2 points)
  • Through private messaging, hit on or make overtures or offer room and board to above tranny. (3 points)
I'm still a newfag.

mondblut

Arcane
25449.jpg

ItsChon said:

Once newfags of the future outdo you in their newfaggotry and you start posting their joindate as a valid debating argument.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

what to do if you are a tranny???

Zibniyat

Arcane
When you've sucked the cocks (yes, plural, all at the same time) of obscure RPG devs nobody important cares about for more than 3 years, all the while endlessly bitching about their supposed "incompetence" whilst you replay Skyrim for the 11th time.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut

what to do if you are a tranny???
Trannies get special walk on privileges - technically you aren't a newfag, but there is a "gold standard" for Trannies that you must adhere to. That standard was set by SMA, when he posted a fascinating picture of himself at work. I don't have a link, but posting such immediately elevates your postion.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
If you have to ask, you're still it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom