Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
8ga51Db.jpg

PrettyDeadman

What is the most deus vult archetype in this game?
I think it will be fun to play zealous catholic who tries to purge anything touched by supernatural as heresy.

Comte

Man this looks really interesting.

How big is the world?

How many hours of gameplay are there?

RegionalHobo

Scholar
just finished warehouse, one of the worst zones i've ever seen in a crpg. it s a pity this game good dialogue and setting is fucked by garbage tier combat mechanics

and by garbage i mean worse than arcanum

Child of Malkav

Erudite
just finished warehouse, one of the worst zones i've ever seen in a crpg. it s a pity this game good dialogue and setting is fucked by garbage tier combat mechanics

It has mandatory combat? Can you ghost it? I might need to restart then.

RegionalHobo

Scholar

It has mandatory combat? Can you ghost it? I might need to restart then.

perhaps if you have enough stealth. that said there s mandatory combat for three quests there so you have to at least do the 2 harder rooms.

if you don t have stealth like me then get ready to ten rooms full of shit that can make you bleed.

my mistake was using firearms it s hot garbage at least lvl 5 where i am versus melee

sleeping outside, the only way to regen between the 128120120 fights there is also amazing. and by amazing i mean there are encounters of things doing 1 dmg and giving decent exp and encounters that are death 100% .

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
you can leave combat after so many turns by going to the appropriate spaces, you get the same amount of xp as you would normally. it's called progressive escape or something, press f1

RegionalHobo

Scholar
you can leave combat after so many turns by going to the appropriate spaces, you get the same amount of xp as you would normally. it's called progressive escape or something, press f1

you mean the teal , escape routes right? did you do the warehouse ? because ( minor spoilers ahead )
take the ambush room as an example, there are 8 ghouls there and the route only shows up after you damage them enough which is a lot

and i'm not even taking the cost of cigs for healing itens here, if i did not go rest after 1-2 rooms i'd be absolutely fucked since you need the money later on

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't see the point of this warehouse level, I have so much stealth I'm a fucking ninja and I still can't get past them all. And the last few rooms seem to be forcing combat, which results in massive sanity penalties.

So I guess I'm just leaving this guy dead here and never coming back here, I dunno

And of course the game's save states cannot remember stealth...

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Can the warehouse be avoided or is part of the main quest? Also what's the max level for skills?

dunno about max skill level, dunno if the warehouse can be avoided , but at the very least you'll lose two side quests and something i think can lead to a third.

it's quite a lot of content/xp, don t know if it'll make a big difference later on

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Can you not go back there after leveling up?

also not sure what max skill level is but the game says you can only max out skill levels of the skills associated with your archetype (3 of them)

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I think it only counts your score not theirs. I have stealth 3 and the outsider has 2 and I could sneak by quite a lot even though he got close to enemies

RegionalHobo

Scholar

also not sure what max skill level is but the game says you can only max out skill levels of the skills associated with your archetype (3 of them)

yea that s why i picked the noble archetype, because of speech and got stuck with the butler lmao. then again i'm not 100% sure i can t dismiss him but i did not found the option.

as for going there later i guess it s possible but i needed the exp for one point in another skill to solve another wall in another quest

i guess stealth only counts in the MC just like crafting, which is bizarre since it s a starting skill for the outsider

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't understand this. There's no way the final room of the warehouse isn't optional. The three ghouls that exist at the start of the fight are bad enough, but 4 more just arrived? This is literally impossible...

Where the fuck is that crate?

vota DC

Augur

yea that s why i picked the noble archetype, because of speech and got stuck with the butler lmao. then again i'm not 100% sure i can t dismiss him but i did not found the option.

as for going there later i guess it s possible but i needed the exp for one point in another skill to solve another wall in another quest

i guess stealth only counts in the MC just like crafting, which is bizarre since it s a starting skill for the outsider
But even Batman that is the greatest detective and a mighty ninja keeps his butler in service!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom