Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

RegionalHobo

Scholar
Can you not go back there after leveling up?

also not sure what max skill level is but the game says you can only max out skill levels of the skills associated with your archetype (3 of them)

yea that s why i picked the noble archetype, because of speech and got stuck with the butler lmao. then again i'm not 100% sure i can t dismiss him but i did not found the option.

as for going there later i guess it s possible but i needed the exp for one point in another skill to solve another wall in another quest

i guess stealth only counts in the MC just like crafting, which is bizarre since it s a starting skill for the outsider
But even Batman that is the greatest detective and a mighty ninja keeps his butler in service!

hey i'm not complaining the guy is hard carrying me. him as a full melee does at least double the damage my gunslinger do every fight, much better than alfred!

I don't understand this. There's no way the final room of the warehouse isn't optional. The three ghouls that exist at the start of the fight are bad enough, but 4 more just arrived? This is literally impossible...

Where the fuck is that crate?

yea i had a lot of '' fun '' doing that room

Yosharian

Arcane
Can you not go back there after leveling up?

also not sure what max skill level is but the game says you can only max out skill levels of the skills associated with your archetype (3 of them)

yea that s why i picked the noble archetype, because of speech and got stuck with the butler lmao. then again i'm not 100% sure i can t dismiss him but i did not found the option.

as for going there later i guess it s possible but i needed the exp for one point in another skill to solve another wall in another quest

i guess stealth only counts in the MC just like crafting, which is bizarre since it s a starting skill for the outsider
But even Batman that is the greatest detective and a mighty ninja keeps his butler in service!

hey i'm not complaining the guy is hard carrying me. him as a full melee does at least double the damage my gunslinger do every fight, much better than alfred!

I don't understand this. There's no way the final room of the warehouse isn't optional. The three ghouls that exist at the start of the fight are bad enough, but 4 more just arrived? This is literally impossible...

Where the fuck is that crate?

yea i had a lot of '' fun '' doing that room
But is that where the transmitter is?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I play a scientist that dabbles in the occult. Which is a bit weird, since he gets sanity points from taking the rational approach. Gonna see how this turns out from a roleplaying perspective :)

Yosharian

Arcane
If you talk to The Outsider, tell him to leave, then change your mind, you can't talk to him anymore and so you're stuck with him. Forever, presumably.

Frequently the game's menus will become inaccessible, leaving me to hammer random keys until the game 'wakes up' and allows me access to the menus again.

Equipping a backpack results in the backpack disappearing from your inventory.

Kicking two party members can result in carrying too many items, which are dropped on the floor. A side effect is that your inventory disappears completely, and you can no longer access the game menu - you can't even quit the game. I had to alt-tab and go into task manager.

I think I'll put this one on the backburner for the time being until it's properly patched. I still don't regret buying it early though, because it wasn't expensive and what the game does well, it does tremendously well. I pretty much played it for 4 hours straight tonight.

Last edited:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Performance on an hdd is horrendous but I like the fights. Lots of nonsensical situations like
wanting to demolish part of a wall and despite having a hammer, you still have to pay a mobster to do it for you.
Would not recommend the game as it is too frustrating with unbalanced difficulty and economy, you party is hungry all the time which forces you to spend cigs all the time unless you follow the optimal route every time and waste no time at all.
It's a shame because the hand drawn environments and the sound are so good.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is my character:

TJGXw7Z.png
Looks like Ryan Gosling
ryan-gosling.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
Performance on an hdd is horrendous but I like the fights. Lots of nonsensical situations like
wanting to demolish part of a wall and despite having a hammer, you still have to pay a mobster to do it for you.
Would not recommend the game as it is too frustrating with unbalanced difficulty and economy, you party is hungry all the time which forces you to spend cigs all the time unless you follow the optimal route every time and waste no time at all.
I didn't find the economy or the survival aspects too punishing until I started getting a lot of sanity debuffs. Food is like 9 cigs to buy which isn't too bad for how long it lasts. But buying sanity buffs...

For example there's a dream sequence where you have to figure out the correct 3 selections (IN ORDER) when given 6 options, and every time you get it wrong you get slammed with massive sanity drops. So you pretty much have to cheese it to figure out the sequence and then reload the autosave.

Or the warehouse where you're getting constantly slammed with sanity drops for just seeing people die, seeing monsters, etc, and that's without fighting...

So you have to drop serious cash on whores, or whatever other method of sanity buffing you have available. This is just overly punitive.

GandGolf

Augur
....So you have to drop serious cash on whores, or whatever other method of sanity buffing you have available...

In the demo my performer was able to get some for free because of high speechcraft, though it would make sense that the hoes would only let you sample the wares a few times before charging.

Yosharian

Arcane
....So you have to drop serious cash on whores, or whatever other method of sanity buffing you have available...

In the demo my performer was able to get some for free because of high speechcraft, though it would make sense that the hoes would only let you sample the wares a few times before charging.
I got a grand total of ONE freebie, and that was with maxed Speechcraft and 10 Presence.

Speechcraft is a fantastic skill but it doesn't fucking solve sanity problems at all.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
morphine is really helpful for harder encounters

I didn't find the economy or the survival aspects too punishing until I started getting a lot of sanity debuffs. Food is like 9 cigs to buy which isn't too bad for how long it lasts. But buying sanity buffs...

For example there's a dream sequence where you have to figure out the correct 3 selections (IN ORDER) when given 6 options, and every time you get it wrong you get slammed with massive sanity drops. So you pretty much have to cheese it to figure out the sequence and then reload the autosave.

Or the warehouse where you're getting constantly slammed with sanity drops for just seeing people die, seeing monsters, etc, and that's without fighting...

So you have to drop serious cash on whores, or whatever other method of sanity buffing you have available. This is just overly punitive.

just spam sleeping on the streets while reading your belief book it s that simple. if you do that sanity is actually trivial, angst so far is trivial too since there are many options that don t punish at all

i just hope firearms improve when i buy a weapon that uses focus decently.

Last edited:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Characters in this game are pansies, people don't lose sanity so easily. Oh no, a dead horse! I'm fainting! This is not how humans work.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am a few hours in and it seems that range weapons are pretty useless. My female companion just spends the time sitting in the corner because of how low her weapon damage is. While my thug group beats the shit out of everything in front of them.

For the warehouse you could use occult check to make the ghouls kill each other. Also the last fight,the ambush is optional,you get some neat weapons from that crate tho.

Also the game runs perfectly fine on HDD ,the guy up there is just a retard or a troll lol.

You could open the safe and other shut boxes with a crowbar and athletics checks,you get the crowbar from the pawnshop,it is a weapon type.

Annoying thing i noticed is getting an insanity trait from nowhere. All that negative shit seems like forced shit to make it more "lovecraftian". It only messes up your screen and text during dialogue,it is just stupid mechanics.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Characters in this game are pansies, people don't lose sanity so easily. Oh no, a dead horse! I'm fainting! This is not how humans work.
Yeah everyone knows how people work in an apocalyptic event involving ancient deities and otherworldly monstrosities

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Game is most prestigious incline so far except for the fact that it aggressively misgenders EVERYONE including Cthulu as *she* and *herself*. Did Black Day turn entire Arkham population into traps?

Also encountered guy stuck doing black face for eternity and his friend Stinky in French Hills. Overall not too preachy attempt from devs to say "kiiidz black face is not ok, mkaaay". Ok, Lady Cthulu, we wooon't do it anymoar . . .

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Ghouls aren't scarier than bears, and dropping your gun because you are scared is not what a gunman would do.

GandGolf

Augur
I got a grand total of ONE freebie, and that was with maxed Speechcraft and 10 Presence.

Is that one freebie per hoe or one freebie total?

morphine is really helpful for harder encounters
just spam sleeping on the streets while reading your belief book it s that simple. if you do that sanity is actually trivial, angst so far is trivial too since there are many options that don t punish at all

But doesn't each rest period consume one food for each party member and one camping supply or is that only when resting in the world map?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmmm.

There is a trap door in French Hill. I went down there and it was pitch black. Went to buy an expensive lantern, and now when I'm back at the trap door I can't get in. I can no longer activate it. How come? Did I miss something here?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom