Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny 2

ADL

Prophet
They're unfucking the eververse microtransaction store.

TL;DR recap for Twitter: On September 17, 2019: All Eververse armor (new and armor you’ve already acquired!) is being converted into Universal Ornaments Universal Ornaments can be attached to any newly acquired Legendary armor

Bright Dust is going to come from doing bounties, not dismantling things you spent money on Eververse

Items can now be pulled from your Collections with Glimmer/Legendary Shards instead of Bright Dust

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47935

I'm impressed. They're doing everything right now that Activision is out of the picture. They're shifting towards a Guild Wars 2 model with the standalone expansions thing. Verdict is still out on Shadowkeep but the New Light changes overall seem great.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How's the Warlock in Destiny 2? The magic stuff was fun in D1, but it felt tacked on. Still felt like a generic modern day military shooter game with an occasional whiff of fantasy / sci-fi. Have they improved on the class fantasy part?

Not very changed from D1, if you played that this is more of the same. As always, you can have fun with broken skill/gear combos until the pvp fags ruin it. Come September they're going to reintroduce the Intelligence/Discipline/Strength system, but I dunno if it's gonna affect more than super/grenade/melee cooldowns this time. Probably not.

(though I wouldn't call it "modern day military shooter" unless you think Halo fits that description because there's dudes with guns)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I call it a modern day military shooter because most of the guns were along the lines of what you'd get from CoD or BF. Halo had a better selection of weapons imo.

ADL

Prophet
How's the Warlock in Destiny 2? The magic stuff was fun in D1, but it felt tacked on. Still felt like a generic modern day military shooter game with an occasional whiff of fantasy / sci-fi. Have they improved on the class fantasy part?
Apparently that's what they're focusing on with Destiny 3 as they embrace the MMO label more and more. New Light is a good step forward but D3 will be the real determiner on what they're gonna do long term.

Codex Year of the Donut
Apparently that's what they're focusing on with Destiny 3 as they embrace the MMO label more and more. New Light is a good step forward but D3 will be the real determiner on what they're gonna do long term.
Destiny 2 with far more emphasis on the RPG elements would be a really good game.

The floating island map from the current solstice event is p.cool but goddamn playing it with randoms is giving me an ulcer. One of the requirements for pimping out the event armor is killing 100 minibosses in that map, which should be simple since an uncoordinated team can kill 7 each attempt, but some chucklefuck dev decided to make only personal kills count so it's more like 2 or 3 per run. Assuming you don't get put into an ongoing run where all the minibosses are already dead and only the boss remains, because some cunt left early. Why the requirement is not 30 boss kills instead so people play it as intended? Bleh.

Also gambit/strikes/crucible are infested with AFKers who are only there for the match completions. It can't be that hard to code it to require a kill to award participation, right? Even the shittiest player can get a kill with the pity super you get once a match.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Might pick the game up again to check out the new content when it launches on Steam. Anyone played this lately?
I liked the story, so I wouldn't mind more of that.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Might pick the game up again to check out the new content when it launches on Steam. Anyone played this lately?
I liked the story, so I wouldn't mind more of that.

I think that Destiny 1 is the superior game, but if you don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, I guess that's not an option.

I will say that Destiny 2 is, at least, better than it was. For example, you need items called Enhancement Cores to upgrade your weapons. Well, for a LONG time, Enhancement Cores were absurdly difficult to find (I was level 40 and had zero!). However, earlier this year, they finally added a way to get a half-dozen Enhancement Cores every day by completing simple quests. So, they are at least taking steps to improve the game. Supposedly the new Shadowkeep expansion will be a big upgrade. We'll see.

I'm liking the mechanics changes (except for the random decision of making certain gun mods have an affinity with certain elemental resists, so you'll need armor with electric resist if you want to use shotgun mods), bubbles making titans great again in particular, but it looks like a filler expansion storywise.

Speaking of abusing OP silliness before it gets nerfed:

(this one admittedly warrants some nerfing because you can use it in gambit to melt your boss before the enemy team can scratch theirs)

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I hope they focus on bringing Destiny 1's content back into Destiny 2 using some time travel ass pull bullshit because Vault of Glass and the King's Fall raid are some of the best raiding content in any game ever. Especially Vault of Glass.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I hope they focus on bringing Destiny 1's content back into Destiny 2 using some time travel ass pull bullshit because Vault of Glass and the King's Fall raid are some of the best raiding content in any game ever. Especially Vault of Glass.

I'd say count on it. They already copy-pasta'd the moon and calling it an expansion.

Bungie are lazy as fuck and they don't have Activision giving them support studios anymore.

Time travel is not necessary since Osiris is shown accessing a vex simulation of the vault of glass way back in the second expansion. By the end of the expansion he gains control over the infinite forest so he could recreate it and king's fall and pretty much anything else for "training purposes". (so far he used it to make levels for the Halloween and spring events)

sWiGZd9.jpg

KLWvo15.png

Fucking gamers, man.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
How much of a mess is this launch going to be? I expect at least some drama with the account transfers.

Gerrard

Arcane
How much of a mess is this launch going to be? I expect at least some drama with the account transfers.
I already transferred my account without issue.
The Battle.net accounts are not migrated yet.
You have only a Steam and Blizzard account linked. You can’t Cross Save these two, as they will become a single profile during PC Migration. Please link another account to use Cross Save.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
A friend of mine has been playing this for more than a year and convinced me to play with him because this is going to be free.

I have already downloaded it and am already regretting it. Reviews at Metacritic from 2017 rate it at 3.8 and an expansion from 2018 at 2 point something.
Oh God.

I also learned it has aim assist and I will start the game at the max lvl of 750. What?

My question is for someone who enjoyed warframe even though it's mostly crap how much lube will I need for this one?

Codex Year of the Donut
A friend of mine has been playing this for more than a year and convinced me to play with him because this is going to be free.

I have already downloaded it and am already regretting it. Reviews at Metacritic from 2017 rate it at 3.8 and an expansion from 2018 at 2 point something.
Oh God.

I also learned it has aim assist and I will start the game at the max lvl of 750. What?

My question is for someone who enjoyed warframe even though it's mostly crap how much lube will I need for this one?
It's pretty fun popamole

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom