Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Would you trade in buttons for having avatars and names again?

Would you?

• Yes, I am monocled

• No, I need my instant gratification buttons!

• No, I don't give a crap about anything lul

• I would only trade them for kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Citizen

25449.jpg

ItsChon said:

You know what, I love the citizen now. Let's keep things as they are

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yes, completely ignore my point and focus on the language.

I'll ask again, how is people hurting your feelings with ratings stopping you expressing your opinion?

Alright, let's go back to what Citizen said: never did he say or imply that ratings stop users from expressing their opinion. That's what you came up with on your own (again, an example of groupthinking: no one but very, very few users will call you out on making up words and putting them in people's mouths).
Now, if you ask "how is people rating posts hurt the discourse of the forum?", the answer is simple: when you only need to click "Agree" or "Brofist" instead of replying with an opinion of your own, discourse is lost because people aren't adding anything to the discussion.

Remember Tacgnol, a guy who put a load of people on ignore is trying to lecture you on the nuances of open discourse.

mogwaimon

Magister
There's an idea, let's get rid of the ignore system in favor of open discourse. No citizen should be unable to hear what another citizen has to say, no matter how vile or degenerate. One Avatar One Citizen One Forum

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Buttons are idiotic and are the main factor that's contributed to the decline of the forum. Group think is rampant because buttons insentivize it and every topic is hyper politicized now. If you really want to piss people off and improve discourse on these forums remove buttons.

Shut up fag. I had to quote you to find out who you are. Fag.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I don’t understand, if people don’t like buttons, then why don’t they just turn off button alerts?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I don’t understand, if people don’t like buttons, then why don’t they just turn off button alerts?
Oh, wait. People just want to see brofist, because their racist against other buttons.
upload_2019-9-27_18-3-15.png

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It's time to consider that the raptor might have some kind of mental illness and not be fit to lead. I demand tax records and a full anal exam at once.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
If you meant to say putting people on ignore is better than being spammed with retard ratings.

Nah, I meant to say what I said. People like Dreed are the epitome of what's wrong with the forum: they have nothing to say, but instead of moving on they spam ratings, of any kind, like crazy.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If you meant to say putting people on ignore is better than being spammed with retard ratings.

Nah, I meant to say what I said. People like Dreed are the epitome of what's wrong with the forum: they have nothing to say, but instead of moving on they spam ratings, of any kind, like crazy.

Argentinians don't mean what they say, the Argentinian existence consists of lying from one choripan to the next, saying and doing anything without morality or forethought for the next choripan hit.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Doesn't it feel nice to be read? Dreed
love.png

I mean if you want to be coherent how about we disable browsing the forum for non-members, eh? Fuck all the lurkers: they have nothing to say, and are just wasting the real users' bandwidth like crazy, am I right? Leeching their fucking ideas without anything new to provide, not even a fucking rating. And how about members too? Fucking mouthbreathers wasting even more bandwidth than the lurkers, spamming like crazy with nothing to say. How 'bout we close down the site, eh? Afterall it's all that is wrong with the internet and it's been said since day one it was going downhill.

Buttons at least let people interact even if it's to a lesser extent.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Argentinians don't mean what they say, the Argentinian existence consists of lying from one choripan to the next, saying and doing anything without morality or forethought for the next choripan hit.

Funny coming from a literal prison land.

I mean if you want to be coherent how about we disable browsing the forum for non-members, eh? Fuck all the lurkers: they have nothing to say, and are just wasting the real users' bandwidth like crazy, am I right? Leeching their fucking ideas without anything new to provide, not even a fucking rating. And how about members too? Fucking mouthbreathers wasting even more bandwidth than the lurkers, spamming like crazy with nothing to say. How 'bout we close down the site, eh? Afterall it's all that is wrong with the internet and it's been said since day one it was going downhill.

It would be good enough to ban autists like you.

Western

Arcane

Funny coming from a literal prison land.

It would be good enough to ban autists like you.

En actualid soy Argentino, pero fortunadamente mis padres escaparon de Argentina (el futuro Ethiopia de Sudamerica).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom