Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
nothing is highlighted with alt in the last room of the warehouse, are the radio parts in box 311, I have the servo-magnifier equipped

not even the dead body with the badge is highlighted, I had to manually right click on it to get everything

where are the radio parts

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The further I get into the game the more broken everything gets, especially when it comes to UI. The game locks up in menus, I can't level up my companions, I can't switch out weapons etc. I have to ctrl-alt-delete every time to get out of the game. Getting real annoying playing these broken games at release.

Egosphere

Arcane
nothing is highlighted with alt in the last room of the warehouse, are the radio parts in box 311, I have the servo-magnifier equipped

not even the dead body with the badge is highlighted, I had to manually right click on it to get everything

Defeat the ghoul boss, then go 'upwards' to the next room, then leftwards. They radio parts are in the left most crate in this room. For me, at least. Apparently a few people have been posting about their inability to find the parts.

Also, make sure you're holding a lit lamp. I think that, if you don't, you will not be able to interact with some crates because they'll remain 'hidden' from you

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
lol I did the whole warehouse without a lantern a long time ago, if only I knew it was mandatory, wheres my achievement

the mole

Learned
Shitposter

Defeat the ghoul boss, then go 'upwards' to the next room, then leftwards. They radio parts are in the left most crate in this room. For me, at least. Apparently a few people have been posting about their inability to find the parts.

Also, make sure you're holding a lit lamp. I think that, if you don't, you will not be able to interact with some crates because they'll remain 'hidden' from you

yep I needed a lanturn

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Did you read the letters and notes?

Yes.

Saw some videos here and apparently I don't have the fredkins questline. I'm assuming he's the drunk guy in the bar. I talked to him but didn't get any journal update and now he's not there anymore. Is his questline related to the main quest?

Fredkins, I think, will have a messenger slip a piece of paper into your hand when you visit French Hill. You'll be invited to visit his house.

Somehow I had to read the dismal man poem again and trigger the outsider conversation for him to show up in the bar. I'm assuming you need to have outsider in your party before reading it(I think I didn't have him when I first got it).

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
... but to be absolutely fair, this is the kind of stuff you should expect to hear from Felipe Pepe or Infinitron (both are influencers who shill for mediocre games).

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Ok, for anyone having trouble with the warehouse, just cleared it as a shit combat build - the key was the occult altar inside the warehouse - it makes the ghouls fight between themselves. Just avoid em until they kill each other and then just beat the shit out of the survivor.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Sorry but no. The tone of this game is extremely overdramatized. Going mad from seeing a dead horse does not make this game "Lovecraftian".

Linking to Steam when the game is available on GOG is also a pretty big red flag.

No, really, I like Pepe, but take a look at his reply in the twatter discussion:

I put 6 hours in, not a single bug to be found. Combat is not great, buy it's serviceable. And I don't give a damn about 100 hours RPGs, quantity is not quality.

Standard apoligistic crap:
- didn't find any bugs, therefore there are no bugs!
- it doesn't have to be 100 hours, because obviously there can be only very short or very long games!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Sorry but no. The tone of this game is extremely overdramatized. Going mad from seeing a dead horse does not make this game "Lovecraftian".

Linking to Steam when the game is available on GOG is also a pretty big red flag.

No, really, I like Pepe, but take a look at his reply in the twatter discussion:

I put 6 hours in, not a single bug to be found. Combat is not great, buy it's serviceable. And I don't give a damn about 100 hours RPGs, quantity is not quality.

Standard apoligistic crap:
- didn't find any bugs, therefore there are no bugs!
- it doesn't have to be 100 hours, because obviously there can be only very short or very long games!

Let me add that anyone who thinks this game does justice to Lovecraft knows jack about gothic horror, dark romanticism, Poe, Lovecraft, art and literature in general. Stygian is what happens when you infantilize Lovecraft, it's not unlike a children's cartoon.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

you don't go mad from seeing a dead horse, you get angst... not sure what is so overdramatized about someone being perturbed by a slaughtered horse in the middle of the city or seeing the despair of the horse's owner.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, shit. I just got to a part in the game where my choice of character failed me. I tried to go hard in the occult and non-combat and it's just not tenable. This game forces you to invest in firearms or melee and there really isn't a way around it. I succeeded for a long time using spells but once you get to the Blasted Street, well, your non-combat focused character just might fail you like it did me. Starting over again with a more typical Investigator character.

Brainlet2

Educated
Good ideas and a little off ? Oh no best roleplay elements since fallout, maybe better, awesome writing incredibly atmospheric , really best thing since arcanum without any irony .Then bordeline unplayable and unfair combat with slowness, unresponsiveness, cluncky menu and mechanics. A pain to target, sometimes it makes you loot when you just want to move your character, sometimes it just freeze. The borked save system doesn't help especially when your last save was 3 random encounters ago .
Its so infuriating, so brilliant yet so ruined...
Absolutely lovecraftian, I can feel the despair in this post.
yes iindeed and wait for the end you'll experience true despair too.Those guys have everything to make something of the same level than fallout/planescape/arcanum if not better, yet i am pretty sure they fell short cause of lack of money.
I'm already feeling the despair, the game crashes after
killing the last migo after the witch house
so I had to redo the fight and it crashed a second time. Ill wait until the game is a little more stable to play it

Did anyone here sucesfully cast the speak with the dead spell? It was in my grimoire, it was in the quickspell slot and I could never get the Outsider to cast it tried it on
the dead body with no ankles, the widow, the body hanging from the clock tower, Betty Ross, the dead mom. It didn't work once

Or
did anyone found how to enter the clubhouse? My only option was to go back to Horatio and telling him it was beyond my expertise and then he loses his head

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Did anyone here sucesfully cast the speak with the dead spell? It was in my grimoire, it was in the quickspell slot and I could never get the Outsider to cast it tried it on
the dead body with no ankles, the widow, the body hanging from the clock tower, Betty Ross, the dead mom. It didn't work once

Or
did anyone found how to enter the clubhouse? My only option was to go back to Horatio and telling him it was beyond my expertise and then he loses his head
I managed once. You cast it on Julian's body, in that specific quest. You right click on the body, choose the spell. I had it on my quickslot, pressing it and nothing. Also, it doesn't work on every body, just the necessary ones. Also, F1 (tutorial, stopped working, because why wouldn't it?). This game is really good when it comes to atmosphere, art, rpg elements, forcing you to read everything and finding the solution but goddamn does it feel like I'm beta testing this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom