Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Tyrone
200.webp

Tyrone: Nice Nigger Tyrone
Samuel: Kwan Mud Samuel
January: White Trash January
Valerie: Shy Bookworm Valerie

Such an original and diverse flock of people.

Tehdagah

Arcane

The mastermind can summon normal zombies, armored zombies, regenerative zombies, crawling zombies, dogs, lickers, etc. He can lock doors, turn off lights, place traps and use cameras. There's a mini-map. It's growing on me.

It sounds like this game will probably being changing before release. This and the IGN video both talk about Capcom saying they're still figuring out what exactly the game even is.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Over 10 years of perfecting third person action combat, to this...
Imagine going from this:

To this:

lulz.gif

I don't think we will ever see RE6's combat system again. The main RE teams are focused on atmosphere and immershun (the director of RE7 even said that gameplay isn't important in RE) to please fans.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Over 10 years of perfecting third person action combat, to this...
Imagine going from this:

To this:

lulz.gif

I don't think we will ever see RE6's combat system again. The main RE teams are focused on atmosphere and immershun (the director of RE7 even said that gameplay isn't important in RE) to please fans.

We won't. 10 million copies sold and it's all been pissed down the drain. I was hoping that's what this would be tbh, A game for us mercstards and R3make for the horrorfagging.

The legacy of Chris rock punching and Leon outrunning a hundred exploding cars.

But yeah, let's throw all that away for bohunkum hick game with its 2 enemies.

cd923effd086364e9c3d2fea8fdad278.gif

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I don't think we will ever see RE6's combat system again.

Hopefully. RE6 gameplay is absolute trash, specially when compared with the meticulously design of RE4 or even Vanquish.
Hell no. The gameplay of RE6 is glorious for an action game. The story was terrible, but the gameplay is sick fun.

The gameplay is very good and with a surpring number of mechanics.
However I still think that RE4 is the best one in that departement because it has that razor focus intensity to the combat that the sequels don't have.

Wunderbar

Arcane
RE6 have a kinda good combat and great enemy variety, but the level design is bottom-tier garbage. Mercenaries is the only somewhat enjoyable part of that game.

Adon

Arcane
As trashy as Umbrella Corps was, it was a good type of trashy, dumb fun and that’s all I’m expecting this to be.

Tehdagah

Arcane
We won't. 10 million copies sold and it's all been pissed down the drain. I was hoping that's what this would be tbh, A game for us mercstards and R3make for the horrorfagging.

The legacy of Chris rock punching and Leon outrunning a hundred exploding cars.

But yeah, let's throw all that away for bohunkum hick game with its 2 enemies.

cd923effd086364e9c3d2fea8fdad278.gif
The most ludicrous thing is that the guy who directed the Outbreak titles also directed RE6. Capcom decides to create a new coop RE game and who did they choose to handle the project? The guy who is used to making coop games and that could've made a good combat system? No, they hire the director of FFXV Pocket Edition.

Generic-Giant-Spider

RE2 Remake gave me a lot of hope for the future of RE as a franchise. It wasn't perfect, but it was really damn good and I really enjoyed my playthroughs of the game. It made me excited to see what would come next. R3make would seem like a no brainer, a new RE title that tries to keep what RE2 Remake built up and go even harder would be wonderful, but... Capcom wants to go back to the old poisoned well of trying to make RE a really shoddy action game again? Why? What is their fascination with this?

Wunderbar

Arcane
R3make would seem like a no brainer, a new RE title that tries to keep what RE2 Remake built up and go even harder would be wonderful, but... Capcom wants to go back to the old poisoned well of trying to make RE a really shoddy action game again? Why? What is their fascination with this?
this game is a multiplayer test for their RE engine. Probably some intern tinkered around, some higher-up saw it and said "let's turn it into a full fledged game".

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
RE2 Remake gave me a lot of hope for the future of RE as a franchise. It wasn't perfect, but it was really damn good and I really enjoyed my playthroughs of the game. It made me excited to see what would come next. R3make would seem like a no brainer, a new RE title that tries to keep what RE2 Remake built up and go even harder would be wonderful, but... Capcom wants to go back to the old poisoned well of trying to make RE a really shoddy action game again? Why? What is their fascination with this?

Resi 3 is being made mate. Game is already there half built, just needs a Jill model and a Nemesis head asset to put on mr x.

Count on it.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Installed Resident Evil 3: Restoration Project. I start with assault rifle since the beginning. I don't want to play with bonus items. Deleted .sav files, did not help. Please help.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm stupid. Started on easy mode thinking it's normal mode. Apparently Hard Mode is normal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom