Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some motherfucker from Resetera is already posting about 10 hours he has in game and how they are the best RPG times of his life. So review copies are out?

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/di...-15th-new-trailer.141758/page-4#post-24914546 (replying to Tuco Benedicto Pacifico)

It was. In fact I'd incredibly impressed if this one, with all its alleged good writing, will be half as good mechanically.

Get ready. :)

Like, sure, let's be realistic, I only have around 10 hours in the game. It could fall apart! But those 10 hours were the most arresting, enthralling hours I've had in any RPG. This is one of the best detective games, one of the best RPGs, one of the best video games in those ten hours, that I have ever played.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Kasparov is there going to be any form of developer's commentary as an option by any chance? It is a cool feature that hasn't been done in such a non-linear game afaik (and would save the hassle of repeatedly expaining design and story decisions in forums and interviews as a bonus).

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Kasparov is there going to be any form of developer's commentary as an option by any chance? It is a cool feature that hasn't been done in such a non-linear game afaik (and would save the hassle of repeatedly expaining design and story decisions in forums and interviews as a bonus).
Def. a possibility down the road. But you can’t get rid of us that easily.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Rewatched this vid and despite everything I think this is perhaps the only (?) isometric RPG in recent years that truly tried to be different and do something innovative. EDIT: I remember Demiurgos as well but who the fuck knows what happened to it

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pardon me for not paying attention until now but is this Torment style "less combat focus than usual" or is this all out no combat at all?

Deleted Member 16721

Pardon me for not paying attention until now but is this Torment style "less combat focus than usual" or is this all out no combat at all?

Combat is initiated via dialogue. There is combat in the game but it's not a separate system. You can likely engage with as much combat as fits your play style.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is violence in the game, but no "battle screen" per se and you won't be killing 10000 goblins to collect their pelts. Combat is resolved through dialogue choices and skill checks just like everything else. You know, like in a real detective story where fighting is just another thing that happens sometimes.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Dialogue screen:
1. kick that guy in the nuts (agility 9, 90% success chance), applies "pain" effect
2. punch him in the face (strength 4, 40% success chance), applies "dazed" effect
3. tackle him and let your hipster companion hit him (endurance 5, 50% success chance)

Option 1 chosen

d20 rolls...

It's 1!

You critically missed and broke your leg.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Do we have gameplay video yet

Cinematic shots about a foot behind a character doesn't equal gameplay to me

DE-Lighthouse-Flashlight-Snowing-gif.gif

Youtube search should uncover ye olde gameplay video that we did for PAX a while ago. It’s dated, but you’ll get the gist.

DE-Mural-Flashlight-Rainning-gif.gif

If you’re at least a half decent web-detective you might find more clips from other conventions floating in the ether.

DE-Doomed-2nd-Floor-2-gif-.gif

And if you’re Lazy Cop.... procrastinate for, say, two weeks more and you’ll see a whole bunch of actual gameplay videos.

DE-Hit-Doomed-Areas-Door-gif.gif

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom