Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Mortmal

Arcane
spoilers, I'm on the final fight, do these enemies infinitely respawn, I know how to make only one spawn at a time, I'm assuming I have to let them kill me

The buried sleeper fight you mean ? you have to go on the green tiles and use shovel to unearth it then focus it. Ignore the waves.

Prime Junta

Played through the first day.

- Art style, sound, and atmosphere is top tier
- RPG possibilities are top tier
- Hell yeah it's Lovecraftian

Meh
- Writing is sloppy, quite a lot of typos and clunky language -- worth mentioning for a game with a literary inspiration
- Not digging the combat so far although maybe it'll shape up later when I have more options; my spells are shit considering they cost Sanity and shooting people is pretty ineffective too unless I circle around the back; the Outsider's acid spit spell is much stronger but he runs out of San fast too; if the most effective tactic really is to punch people in the head then that's pretty disappointing
- Seems a bit rough around the edges, a couple of patches of polish would do it good

Overall I'm digging it. Backed it for way too mucho dinero but even so I'm not disappointed. It delivers pretty much what was promised I'd say; shame about the combat though.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
spoilers, I'm on the final fight, do these enemies infinitely respawn, I know how to make only one spawn at a time, I'm assuming I have to let them kill me

The buried sleeper fight you mean ? you have to go on the green tiles and use shovel to unearth it then focus it. Ignore the waves.
after that, when you fight certain things in a certain room

Mortmal

Arcane

after that, when you fight certain things in a certain room
Then its a completely avoidable one, i dont remember it.

Deleted Member 16721

So the game definitely seems to have bugs yet I encountered none. Oh wait, I'm lying, a couple times I had to press twice to open a container. Call the po-lice!

TheWorld

Educated
Played for an hour or so. Really liking what I've seen so far but I've encountered a bug after a level up. Now every time I try to open inventory/map/spells etc. I always end up at the character main page. Can't switch to any other page from there. Checked to see if I forgot to level up something, thinking that maybe it gets stuck there until you do everything, but nope... even reloading did not fix this.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
One really annoying bug I've encountered is when my character becomes paranoid with an empty weapon. Looks like he's scripted to attack his allies, but doesn't know how to reload by himself so the game freezes. The band-aid solution for this is to reload every time I've one bullet left, but with how slow everything is having to reset a battle I've been winning is nothing short of rage-inducing.

PEACH

Arbiter
So the game definitely seems to have bugs yet I encountered none. Oh wait, I'm lying, a couple times I had to press twice to open a container. Call the po-lice!

So far in 9~ hours I've seen:

-Crashes to desktop
-The UI locking up in fights after attempting to reload weapons
-Cutscenes that don't play properly / black screen until reload
-Autosaves that load you to entirely different locations than they were saved in (???) and then freeze the game
-Autosaves that crash when loaded
-Combat actions registering in the text box but not actually occurring
-Items disappearing from inventory

I like the game too but your individual anecdotal experience isn't a counterargument for the overwhelming consensus that the game is very buggy. It's possible to enjoy something without sucking its dick dry, believe it or not.

Deleted Member 16721

Dude. What do you want from me? I said I haven't experienced any bugs. Am I supposed to lie and say I did? I haven't had any of those issues, period. No bugs, 12 hours in.

Egosphere

Arcane
Dude. What do you want from me? I said I haven't experienced any bugs. Am I supposed to lie and say I did? I haven't had any of those issues, period. No bugs, 12 hours in.

You made it sound as if the worst bug in the game was the game not registering your clicks on a container

Deleted Member 16721

You made it sound as if the worst bug in the game was the game not registering your clicks on a container

That is the worst bug I HAVE ENCOUNTERED. I already said THE GAME HAS BUGS as others are apparently experiencing them. But in my own experience it's been clean.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Btw, I have to put this game on the shelf until it's been significantly patched. I tossed my character who progressed as far as the Blasted Street because he wasn't combat oriented and I really couldn't proceed. Then I sped through the game with a new character only to come across a game-breaking bug wherein I have all the items for Stanley but no line of dialogue to continue the quest. Jesus christ on a crutch you'd think with the amount of time it took for this game to release they'd have something that fucking basic under control.

Hey. So it appears I was wrong. Watch out for this: If you've dropped, sold or used the conductor in crafting the journal will still tell you that you have it. This was all that happened. I went back to the Radio guy and bought another conductor there and was able to proceed. Still a bug, just not a game-breaking one.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
I was looking forward to this game until I red a long thread (that seems to be removed) on steam discussions about how the game was cut. A developer said the story needed a 50 hour game, but the game is only 12-15 hours long and has a high replay value. There is a difference between making a game shorter and cutting it off, because you could only manage to programm a fraction in time.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Yoink.

stab.jpg

Regarding bugs I've only experienced amplified wind sound effects when you travel the world map that persist in other locations as well. Reloading doesn't fix it and restart seems to be the only solution.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Everyone who says you need combat skills is full of shit, companions are op, and even with 0 melee skill my character was competent with it throughout the whole game, crafting allows you to make absurdly powerful bombs and vendors restock pretty much as soon as you leave

Kiting is especially useful in this game

Deleted Member 16721

Yeah, you don't need combat skill, your companions can handle everything. At least that's been my experience so far.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Anybody figure out the utility of the Flesh Devourer's Heart? It says "used for enhancing spells" but I'm not clear what is meant by that. Is it an auto-equip which makes spells more powerful just by virtue of being in your inventory like the Ringing Electronic Sensor?

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Anybody figure out the utility of the Flesh Devourer's Heart? It says "used for enhancing spells" but I'm not clear what is meant by that. Is it an auto-equip which makes spells more powerful just by virtue of being in your inventory like the Ringing Electronic Sensor?
If it increases spellcraft, check the character screen

PrettyDeadman

Whats your best companions?
Also, where do companions go when you tell the to leave?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

Open your grimoire, and click on the leftmost icon on the upper right corner of a spell. If you have the corresponding essence to enhance the spell, it will show up.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Whats your best companions?
Also, where do companions go when you tell the to leave?
War veteran is probably the best overall, though I dismissed him, thinking I could get him back, the dog the Explorer gets is pretty good, 10 ap, 2 ap attacks, benefits from artifacts

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom