Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anybody had Night Walk disappear from your status and then subsequently find yourself unable to cast it again?

Yosharian

Arcane
and of course his racism never makes it into the setting either.

Did you somehow miss the dude in blackface?
Do you need to be told that a parody of his racism doesn't count?
Wait so you want the game to be actually racist?

Give me some examples of what you'd like to see, I'm struggling to understand this.

Edit: sidenote, what in fuck is going on with the forums? Only some of us are in communist mode?

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

Any given attempt at a Lovecraftian game should be racist. Yes. There's no room for pearl-clutching in a thematically Lovecraft setting.
Give me some examples of what you'd like to see
Easy. First thing that comes to mind, what should have come to your mind, if you weren't trying to be a be a dork, is racist character art. The dialogue of protagonists reflecting his and the popular attitude toward other races, inferior whites, etc. You need examples though? Let me guess, none of my examples will be good enough for you.
I'm struggling to understand this.
You just fucking asked me if I wanted racism in a Lovecraft game, now you don't understand what I want?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
progressed further and now have to go into the theatre but I lack a cultist hood.. where do I get it? Also what do I need for blasted street? just a gas mask or that suit from the advertisement? I talked to the dream lady again and she just spouted gibberish and told me to go to the theatre, I thought she was going to help me w/ the blasted street :/

I also witnessed the miracle of Cthulhu... The only 2 things on my journal are blasted street and theatre.

Yosharian

Arcane
First thing that comes to mind is racist character art. The dialogue of protagonists reflecting his and the popular attitude toward other races, inferior whites, etc.

9TVDjq4.jpg

About fixing the distillery, i have the purifier part but i can't interact with the distiller to actually do anything with it. Is this a bug or feature?

Yeah i'm putting this game on the backburner for now. I'll come back in a month or so and see if the issues have been ironed out or not. There's too many bugs and too many unexplained mechanics. Not referring only to the distiller's issue either. Sadly, i doubt the devs are gonna manage to iron out all the issues. This was the last nail in the coffin for me, but really, it's a minor thing compared to the plethora of issues i had with the game:

Buying 1x medicinal herb @22% price reduction thanks to perks will cost you 20 cigs.

Crafting 1x laudanum shot requires 1x medicinal herbs, 1x raw opium, 1x empty syringe + 5% of the total experience points you ever receive to put +1 into medicine (crafting requirement).

I can only sell 1x laudanum shot at 18 cigs...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck. I forgot about the auto-save system when creating a new character and now every trace of my old character that I completed the game with is gone. I guess my academic will never see the true ending if they ever release any DLCs or whatever their plan is... so take this as a warning if you are starting a new char. Back up your saves!

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Fuck. I forgot about the auto-save system when creating a new character and now every trace of my old character that I completed the game with is gone. I guess my academic will never see the true ending if they ever release any DLCs or whatever their plan is... so take this as a warning if you are starting a new char. Back up your saves!

that's the most legit problem i've seen in this thread (other than fixable bugs)

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

For distillery use investigation skill to find leaky pipe.
For theter - I believe ive got culrist robe recipe from cultist at the entrence (when you craft it you get both robe and hood). You get dialogue option (i need to get to the theater) after dream sequence with baroness, which you get after entering and leaving contaminated area. I've also read the diary of a father n(it beginningmentiones the inventor and protective suit) of contaminated area. This mightve triggered the baroness. You may also need to go to the hotel and ask questions about the inventor.
Plans for protective suit is inside the theater.

Prime Junta

Lovecraft is nothing more than an incredibly creative man who was brilliant at aping the men he admired. Machen, Blackwood, Poe, Ashton Smith, MR James, Dunsany, etc.

I disagree. He was actually kind of shit when attempting to ape them, those stories came across as almost embarrassingly bad cut-rate knock-offs. He’s at his best when the cosmic intrudes: his innovation was to make the protagonist, and humanity in general, utterly insignificant and incapable of even understanding the true nature of the world, let alone mastering it. When he pulls that off, it’s dynamite.

V_K

Arcane

Any given attempt at a Lovecraftian game should be racist. Yes. There's no room for pearl-clutching in a thematically Lovecraft setting.
Give me some examples of what you'd like to see
Easy. First thing that comes to mind, what should have come to your mind, if you weren't trying to be a be a dork, is racist character art. The dialogue of protagonists reflecting his and the popular attitude toward other races, inferior whites, etc. You need examples though? Let me guess, none of my examples will be good enough for you.
I'm struggling to understand this.
You just fucking asked me if I wanted racism in a Lovecraft game, now you don't understand what I want?
Did you really expect a Middle Eastern studio to produce a white supremacist game?
I don't remember seeing any black NPCs though, so here you go.

GandGolf

Augur
It would be kind of funny to create a female character and then choose the old guy with a beard as her portrait.
16369.jpg

Come to think of it, this does look kinda like an old woman with a beard...

Going by the screen shots it looks like available character portraits are gender specific so no bearded ladies in this game. That's probably for the best.

Prime Junta

Did you really expect a Middle Eastern studio to produce a white supremacist game?
I don't remember seeing any black NPCs though, so here you go.

I do wonder what HPL would have thought had he known that Turks would be making something inspired by his stories. The man had issues

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom