Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Wunderbar

Arcane
Right. The time has come, Im gonna play Pathologic for the first time in my life.

I know nothing about the game, except that its weird as all fuck, and that theres some kind of a plague going around.

Wish me a good time bros, i really expect it :incline:
if you're going to play original game, then here's an advice - make multiple saves (at least make save at the start of each day).
Then it'll be easier to restart a day earlier if you fuck up resource management.

v1rus

Arcane
Right. The time has come, Im gonna play Pathologic for the first time in my life.

I know nothing about the game, except that its weird as all fuck, and that theres some kind of a plague going around.

Wish me a good time bros, i really expect it :incline:
if you're going to play original game, then here's an advice - make multiple saves (at least make save at the start of each day).
Then it'll be easier to restart a day earlier if you fuck up resource management.

Gonna go with the remake first.

Tho, if I got the whole thing correct, to fully realize whats going on, you have to play all three characters, right? Prolly gonna do the other 2 chapters in the original game then, I doubt I can wait for new chapters, or that it makes any sense to do so - Ill prolly forget what I know by the time its out.

Last edited:

v1rus

Arcane
I just exchanged hearts with some pleasant fellow. Now, im wondering, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS GAME?

That was a rhetoric question, since its one of those amazing "the hell is going on?" type of things.

v1rus

Arcane
Day 2. Think I found everything (or, rather, everything important) you can find on day 1.

Loving the hell out of the game. OTOH, I dislike that whole theater/theater director/mime shit stuff, that suggests some kind of extradiegetic shit. That kind of stuff rarely works out.

I sure as hell hope its gonna work out in this case.

Wunderbar

Arcane
ghostdog there is no answer to that question.

Remake is:
1) vastly better than original;
2) have some significant changes to the story and structure;
3) sort-of incomplete, as it lacks 2 out of 3 campaigns (though the one present is complete and gives you a closure).

If you'll play original first, you may struggle with obscure mechanics and some questionable design decisions.
If you'll play remake first, you may get used to its quality and it will make appreciating original harder.

ghostdog
Pretty much what Wunderbar said. I guess if I was to do it I would start the Bachelor's campaign in the classic HD version and play the first 3 days. If you can't stomach continuing the game, just switch to Pathologic 2 without looking back. However I think getting the Bachelor's experience in classic HD makes for a very nice transition into 2 - you get to see one side of the game's dilemma, some familiarity with the setting, and the sequel acknowledges that the play had been performed before albeit differently.

IMO the Changeling's story is the least essential, both because it is the most rushed (as in unfinished) scenario of the three and because of story reasons I won't get into here.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Just a quick question about this and Pathologic HD, should I play HD first?
Just play Pathologic 2.
If you can't get enough of the world play the HD version as a new charakter.

Pathologic 2 is missing two charakters. Who cares. Only ultra mega fans or masochists play those games more than 6 hours.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Just play Pathologic 2.
If you can't get enough of the word play the HD version as a new charakter.

Pathologic 2 is missing two charakters. Who cares. Only ultra mega fans or masochists play those games more than 6 hours.
Considering a single playthrough is 20-30 hours, I question this piece of advice.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Just play Pathologic 2.
If you can't get enough of the word play the HD version as a new charakter.

Considering a single playthrough is 20-30 hours, I question this piece of advice.
Yeah and most people probably give up after day 2 or 3 because the HD version is tedious and boring for most people.
Pathologic 2 is less tedious and boring than the original. So new people to those games should try that - that's the definite answer. The only reason a "newbie" should start with Pathologic HD is if he has a shitty computer.

Here some numbers:
Link to Pathologic HD Steam Achievements - Oh wow, only 10% reached day 3 with the bachelor. And most were probably familiar with the original released game.
Link to Pathologic 2 Steam Achievements - Almost 50% reached day 3. Nice.

Yeah and most people probably give up after day 2 or 3 because the HD version is tedious and boring for most people.
Pathologic 2 is less tedious and boring than the original. So new people to those games should try that - that's the definite answer. The only reason a "newbie" should start with Pathologic HD is, if he has a shitty computer.

Here some numbers:
Link to Pathologic HD Steam Achievements - Oh wow, only 10% reached day 3 with the bachelor. And most were probably familiar with the original released game.
Link to Pathologic 2 Steam Achievements - Almost 50% reached day 3. Nice.

Most people also wouldn't play half the games venerated on this website so this is not a good argument. Granted, original Pathologic is less approachable than most of those.

I don't think there is anything wrong in jumping straight into P2, but I also think think going for the original's Bachelor route first - even without completing it - makes for a very good transition into P2.

Wunderbar

Arcane
yjhwa3831co31.png

v1rus

Arcane
Day 3. Enough for today.

Got shitton of stuff let to do, mainly, cure the kid an talk with the Master. And its 13:00 already. Fuck me, i spent whole night chasing the mad killers around and gathering their organs (at least i have myself a gun now.) , so i rested until afternoon. Troubling times are coming, Im well fed and rested, but out of money and shit. And i need to fix that darn machine.

now, quick question - i tried administering a shit to a kid by luck, and it says it succeeded. Should i leave it like that, or reload, fix the machine, and do it the "correct" way? PLS ANSWAH!

EDIT - oh, almost forgot. This game is a fucking masterpiece.

HansDampf

Arcane
Day 3. Enough for today.

Got shitton of stuff let to do, mainly, cure the kid an talk with the Master. And its 13:00 already. Fuck me, i spent whole night chasing the mad killers around and gathering their organs (at least i have myself a gun now.) , so i rested until afternoon. Troubling times are coming, Im well fed and rested, but out of money and shit. And i need to fix that darn machine.

now, quick question - i tried administering a shit to a kid by luck, and it says it succeeded. Should i leave it like that, or reload, fix the machine, and do it the "correct" way? PLS ANSWAH!

EDIT - oh, almost forgot. This game is a fucking masterpiece.
1) Do not reload.
2) What did you give him?
3) Yes it is.

v1rus

Arcane
1) Do not reload.
2) What did you give him?
3) Yes it is.

Correct thing, it said so, all cool.

Im a reload whore tho. :/ Gonna give my best i dont do it tho.

Now, how do you actually prevent infection from spreading? Is there a way to prevent it spreading to crawl after day 3?

v1rus

Arcane
Def calling it a night on day 4. Now, a question

How do i actually get in my fathers fucking house? I did the quest, gave the paper to the guy in an infected house , what now? I tried to get into home, but theres a big X there, i have no key (or did i ever have it?) and there an empty circle there (only one for now).

Def calling it a night on day 4. Now, a question

How do i actually get in my fathers fucking house? I did the quest, gave the paper to the guy in an infected house , what now? I tried to get into home, but theres a big X there, i have no key (or did i ever have it?) and there an empty circle there (only one for now).

Surely you've been inside on Day 2, right?
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the paper is a waste of time because once the outbreak happens no one gives a damn.
There will be quests involving you revisiting the house in the near future so just hang on tight ok
I don't think it ever becomes your secondary lair, though. Its a creepy as fuck place tho so not sure why anyone would want to stay there. Much better staying with Waifu Farrel or in the cozy bear den ^_^

What characters/story development are you liking so far? Who do you want most to survive?

Ivan

Arcane
lol the balls of the game devs:
join Bad Grief in blowing up the train tracks. after taking a long trek to meet him, it's basically

:brodex:

v1rus

Arcane
What characters/story development are you liking so far? Who do you want most to survive?

Still sorta early to get truly connected with characters, but so far, I like the three old friends the best. Im sucker for childhood friendships. I like that idiot doctor best, because he's a fucking idiot. So far, he doesnt seem like a bad bloke at all, just a sweet, stupid fucking idiot. I also really like the crime guy, that reflection description was phenomenal (tries so hard to pretend like he controls everything, and yet, he fears the most that you will believe him, thus thinking he is behind the killings). Dont care for the girl much tho, passive-aggressive "oooh friendship, but i actually want your d" shit pisses me off.

Them aside, not sure. I like the kid thematic a lot, but not particularly connected to any of them for now, i like the architect family, judge is a spooky guy in a good way. Two architect bros are kool too, but fuck me, the "genius one" caught the fucking plague ON THE FOURTH FUCKING DAY. I FUCKING IMMUNE BOOSTED HIM, HIS IMMUNITY WAS LIKE 80% FULL, FUCK. So, I doubt he's gonna make it, even tho I'd like him to.

Now, two technical questions for the bros - are those "town is calling you" caches that appear after drinking notvodka children caches? That is, should you leave something in them for the sake of the game? (childrens game)

Second one was mentioned - i completed act 2, and i did every single thing, on myself, without a guide. Only empty circle is the one after "I got the key" for the home, or something like that - and i still fucking cant enter my home, and that empty circle is pissing me off. Perhaps you can only enter it before 19:00 on 3rd day? More importantly, will the act II circle fill itself when i get to home later in the game, even tho im on act III/act IV?

Now, two technical questions for the bros - are those "town is calling you" caches that appear after drinking notvodka children caches? That is, should you leave something in them for the sake of the game? (childrens game)

Second one was mentioned - i completed act 2, and i did every single thing, on myself, without a guide. Only empty circle is the one after "I got the key" for the home, or something like that - and i still fucking cant enter my home, and that empty circle is pissing me off. Perhaps you can only enter it before 19:00 on 3rd day? More importantly, will the act II circle fill itself when i get to home later in the game, even tho im on act III/act IV?

They are usually children's caches, yes, but whether or not there are any consequences in playing/not playing along with the children's game is kind of unclear. There are a adjacent events down the line but I've read reports of people suggesting you will get them regardless of whether or not you play nice so #itisamystery.

For the home: bro, did you not visit it on Day 2? If not you might indeed be shit out of luck. At some point an event should take you back to it, though - I believe it should happen during the latter half of Day 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom