Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sigil - dark turn-based tactical RPG

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy

I discovered this game several months ago on Artstation. They're doing a kickstarter soon I think.

Lore
The rite was performed in the ancient times in the kingdom of Gulkishar that in the sealand. The planet Lunital (Moon) that affects the members of the royal family dies and at a certain point goes out. As a result the royal house lost their divine essence and power.

This power let to glimpse at the Aspects (Spirits) world, obtaining the energy to affect the real world through the magic.

The part of the royal subjects decided to go to extremes, establishing the “Devoted to the Power”.

The cult members performed an abominable rite to resurrect the planet, sacrificing the royal family. The planet has resurrected but simultaneously the dead crown prince was born. He marked the beginning of a “Dead Moon” era, affecting all residents of the kingdom with the curse.

The effect of the undead moon opened slightly the world of Aspects for all people. Earlier the real world formed the fulfillment of the aspect world (parts of the memories or deep emotions nourished the aspect world, creating the space (memories) and demons (deep emotions). After the rite the aspect world started to affect the real world and people.

The Purpose
The main purpose of the “Sigil” is to tell a dark story about the search for the goal for which the protagonist is ready (a player must be ready) to make evil deeds, inexpressibly wicked and sometimes loathsome things. The entire plot is the transition from one world picture to the other in order to see later that the same actions have different tints depending on the decisions of a player.

The main character is a lost heir-undead wandering at the sealand in the search of breaches to the world of Aspects. He tries to contact with the aspects (spirits) and get the forbidden knowledge, bringing it together to break a curse.

Game features
  • Tactical RPG
  • Deep story of the in-game world
    [*Branched dialogue system
  • Interactive environment
  • Character leveling system
  • Character's appearence depends on his choices
  • Intensive turn-based combat
  • Open world
  • Deep and emotional soundtrack

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
Some screenshots

D1YJgq3XgAA0Kzk.jpg

ss_3bca55c40bf93761dde66203d8ab5a787d94f2ae.1920x1080.jpg

tp2jxjr7cuxi7vpurjsf.jpg

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It's too early to tell how this game will turn out, but I see two good things already 1) distinct style, and 2) use of hexes for combat :incline:

EDIT: It's also made by Russians, so that's three

Last edited:

TauronGlyph

Tauron Glyph
Developer
It's too early to tell how this game will turn out, but I see two good things already 1) distinct style, and 2) use of hexes for combat :incline:

EDIT: It's also made by Russians, so that's three

hey, we are doing our best, thanks! :)

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
No need to thank me, everything is self-evident.

Hexes are proven to be superior to squares in regard to turn-based combat.
Russians have historically shown to have above average creative integrity.
Distinct style is obvious just by the fact you know what a color palette is, unlike most modern developers.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Crack investigator man find out if potatoes are still making this next: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1273980/HeatWave/
Last message:
[developer] 18 Jul, 2022 @ 8:59am

Definitely, the game is still in development. We did not deliver new materials because we are rebuilding UI and some key features, but we will show some nice materials once it is done.
Cheers!

Their website says release Q4, 2022
https://www.perimetergames.eu/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom