Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

XIII - remake of the 2003 FPS

Falksi

Arcane
d6WOSZD.jpg

1412084170145_wps_17_FILE_PHOTO_OF_ACTRESS_KAT.jpg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS TRU STORY

MY WIFES EX LEFT SOME SHIT IN THE HOUSE AFTER HE MOVED OUT

XIII WAS ONE OF THEM LOLOL

DOOM 3 AND JEDI ACADEMY AND I FORGET WHAT ELSE

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ALSO A COOL BUTTERFLY KNIFE

BEFORE HE GOT EVERYTHING OUT THERE WERE ALSO MULTIPLE NUNCHICKA AND TRAINING SWORDS AND LIKE TEN GUN HOLSTERS LOLLOLLLOL

I WANTED TO TAKE THE GENESIS BUT I HAD AN ATTACK OF CONSHINSE I ONLT TOOK STUFF HE LEFT BEHINDS FOR GOOD

LOLOLLOL EXCEPT FOR THE KNIFE BUT THAT WAS SORTA HIDDEN AND HE NEVER ASKED FOR IT

YldriE

Learned
YouTube longplays put it at around 4 hours so I figured why not give this a try.

It's a typical shooter of its era, with interesting visuals and gadgets, but weak shooting mechanics and poor level design.

I can't say I didn't enjoy the romp but don't go fellating a mediocre game just because it was released long ago. Just another 5-dollar game.

Love

Cipher
So what was good about this game beyond the artstyle again? I remember trying the ps2 demo and it felt like just another console shooter.

Amusingly enough they created a real cinematic gaming experience by incorporating the elements of a completely other medium. The missions and levels were all heavily influenced by decades of action movies and had some nice change of approach between them and also let you use different weapons and your environment.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
YouTube longplays put it at around 4 hours so I figured why not give this a try.

It's a typical shooter of its era, with interesting visuals and gadgets, but weak shooting mechanics and poor level design.

I can't say I didn't enjoy the romp but don't go fellating a mediocre game just because it was released long ago. Just another 5-dollar game.

It's definitely nothing amazing, it just has a cool style to it and most FPS games released at the time sucked ass.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So what was good about this game beyond the artstyle again?
It was fun. The choice of weapons, level design and being able to use various environment objects as weapons led to a very tight and fun FPS. I replayed it this year and it was great as ever. It also had fun multiplayer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The cult classic cel-shaded FPS game XIII returns, remade for Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC - and features music and voice work from the original game.

It’s been 17 years since Ubisoft released XIII (or Thirteen for those who don’t know roman numerals) on Playstation 2 (PS2), GameCube, Xbox, and PC. The XIII game utilized the cel shading art style to adapt the 1984 Belgian graphic novel series into the cult classic FPS.

Now, the XIII game remake is being released for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One, so be sure to check out the new XIII gameplay in this new XIII Remake gameplay trailer.

Farewell into the night

Oh boi, I rememeber playing the original in the early 2000's. 2003 probably. Fun times. I think it was one of the first cel shaded games on the PC.

Please No

Educated
Oh boi, I rememeber playing the original in the early 2000's. 2003 probably. Fun times. I think it was one of the first cel shaded games on the PC.
No, no, I'm p. sure there were others before it. Like that 3D platformer Dragon's Lair game. XIII is the first cel-shaded FPS that I can think of though.

The comic book animation things you get when killing enemies in this game was super cool and stylish, that was what I remember of the game, otherwise wasn't it pretty basic and sort of console-y? Like NOLF but not as good.
Is that still David Ducuvny's voice?
WHAT?!? I had no idea it was him doing the VA.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
No, no, I'm p. sure there were others before it. Like that 3D platformer Dragon's Lair game. XIII is the first cel-shaded FPS that I can think of though.

The comic book animation things you get when killing enemies in this game was super cool and stylish, that was what I remember of the game, otherwise wasn't it pretty basic and sort of console-y? Like NOLF but not as good.
Is that still David Ducuvny's voice?
WHAT?!? I had no idea it was him doing the VA.

Like an arcady version of a 007 FPS.

sser

Arcane
Developer
XIII was a pretty average shooter so there needs to be more than just a remake. They better like actually finish the story or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom