Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Either way, to further my point about how Kojima thinks of this themes, there's this quote from Kojima at TGS

You know, human communication has changed as technology evolved. In the past, we only had letters. Then we had phones, radios and TVs. And now on the net, we can communicate in real-time with anyone anywhere. The world is now directly connected. At the same time, with everyone hidden behind their keyboards, this made it much easier for negativity to spread. With Death Stranding’s game system, I wish to indirectly connect the world. That way people will start thinking about each other’s feelings again. I hope people who experience Death Stranding will try to understand more about others and the society we live in, ultimately making the world a better place.

Jesus, he's just like a child "can't we just have WORLD PEACE pretty please?". It's embarrassing that he's considered a thinker in vidya circles at all.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
COcXlAj.jpg

kalganoat

Savant
lmao what pretentious bullshit. kojima drones reaching again.

Taoists called it a 'baby' because during meditation(neidan) they can sometimes feel something in the lower abdomen area(dantian) that helps with deep breathing. It feels like a baby is kicking you so that's where the name came from. It doesn't mean there's an actual baby in there.

It's all voodoo mojo stuff anyway. I doubt Kojima had this in mind when he came up with the baby in a can.

Remember when Kojima drones said MGS2 was a postmodern deconstruction or whatever? Yeah Kojima said in an interview that was never his intention. He just pulled a bunch of stuff from pop culture because they were cool. Kek

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Remember when Kojima drones said MGS2 was a postmodern deconstruction or whatever? Yeah Kojima said in an interview that was never his intention. He just pulled a bunch of stuff from pop culture because they were cool. Kek
And yet it turned out a postmodern deconstruction. The guy is a genius, doing this unintentionally.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was a hater one week ago,but now I'm going to pay for this Shit 60 euro day one,after I replay MGS1-4.

I just want to deliver dildos to Kojima's friends with efficiency.

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THE DISCUSIIOB HERE IS CUTE WE ALL KNOW THERE WILL BE 75 25 CUTSCENES TO ACTIALLU HAVING TO HOLD THE CONTROLLET

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom