Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Destiny 2

>Metacritic

sweaty, no

The level 750 thing is a compromise to make it possible for the f2p players to not have to spend ages catching up. Everyone is gonna start the new season at 750 (the current maximum) and go from there (next season's max seems to be 940 iirc). I wish they did away with levels as a whole, it doesn't really serve a purpose in this game.

Aim assist is a couple things. There's the "sticky" reticle that is only active when using a controller, and bullet magnetism that is always active and essentially regulates enemy hitbox sizes. It's a (hidden in game, but visible on third party tools and sites) stat on weapons, one can look for weapons with lower or higher AA if they like it more. More details in this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/7bvwfu/pc_bullet_magnetism_on_km/

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
>Metacritic

sweaty, no

The level 750 thing is a compromise to make it possible for the f2p players to not have to spend ages catching up. Everyone is gonna start the new season at 750 (the current maximum) and go from there (next season's max seems to be 940 iirc). I wish they did away with levels as a whole, it doesn't really serve a purpose in this game.

Aim assist is a couple things. There's the "sticky" reticle that is only active when using a controller, and bullet magnetism that is always active and essentially regulates enemy hitbox sizes. It's a (hidden in game, but visible on third party tools and sites) stat on weapons, one can look for weapons with lower or higher AA if they like it more. More details in this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/7bvwfu/pc_bullet_magnetism_on_km/
Thanks for clearing that up.
But don't call me Sweaty. Unlike Brazil, where i come from people are quite reserved and treating others like that is very cringy.
Está bem Amorrr? Okey Coração?

sullynathan

Arcane
l1d0bC6.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Tell that to every game on Steam that isn't a multi hundred million USD production and "#2 best-selling FPS franchise in U.S." that had 100K peak or higher.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
It's now over 200K, despite hit by (re)launch day server woes.

Which is lower than the record of No Man's Sky, a paid game, but higher than Dota Underlords, Valve's free game.

FWIW it's the highest number for a free-to-play, non-Valve game on Steam. I think it's more than a great number for a re-launch.

Some literally whos from Germany won the Shadowkeep's world's first raid completion. Datto's team is playing for 10 hours as of now (edit: finished, took 12 hours), his was the third biggest stream on Twitch when the race started, only behind counter strike world finals. According to Vanguard policy, all streamers should be put on suicide watch until further notice.

Last edited:
systemic showstopping bug during tutorial, which can't be skipped.
jesus h. christ, if this is the care this game has been built with...

and what's this retardation of beginning from max level? so i can be thrown to the wolves without basic ropes. yeah, thank fuck you. the whole point of having levels should be to feel the progression, the growth, to get better and better with your tools. this don't make no sense.

it took me FOUR FRIGGING DAYS to download this crap which i loathed in 20 minutes.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
systemic showstopping bug during tutorial, which can't be skipped.
jesus h. christ, if this is the care this game has been built with...

and what's this retardation of beginning from max level? so i can be thrown to the wolves without basic ropes. yeah, thank fuck you. the whole point of having levels should be to feel the progression, the growth, to get better and better with your tools. this don't make no sense.

it took me FOUR FRIGGING DAYS to download this crap which i loathed in 20 minutes.
I was looking forward to Destiny 2 on Steam but uninstalled it within 30 minutes as soon as I realized that you start out at level 50, light level 750 and have all the sub classes and almost all the abilities unlocked. No point in playing it imo, which is a shame. It was boring asf running around doing old content that you severely out scale and the jews at Bungie did this to "force" you into buying the latest content so you can get some challenge from the game. I was ready to buy Shadowkeep but then didn't because of this. Maybe they will finally not fuck it up with Destiny 3.

Codex Year of the Donut
Why the hell would they do that?
I picked it up when they had the free base game last year and had a lot of fun leveling up/doing the story, I got bored after actually hitting max level.
They ruined the fun part of the game.

sullynathan

Arcane
The dumbest thing is that I have a character already leveled to 20 but now I'm uber leveled. How do I continue in the story? They completely changed how you go to missions.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
With questing took straight from the Dragon Age 2 book of copy/paste quest zones it's not a surprise that probably 90% of people couldn't stomach it and left at level 20. Running thru a zone backwards is considered a side quest :0-13:

The scenery changed since the last update

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/10/09/destiny-2-tower-ikora-expansion-evolution

Destiny-2-ikora-Tower-build-built-portal-season-of-the-undying.jpg

Players logged in at Tuesday’s weekly reset this week to find a new set of scaffolding and workers building the framework for for an expanded section of the Tower behind Ikora Rey. Speaking with Ikora gives players a hint about the desire for a portal to combat the Undying Mind, a Vex entity capable of traversing timelines that has become the central antagonist for Season of the Undying. Though she may not explicitly say that’s what is being built just behind her, the implication is there.

Unless she decided to start building an amphitheatre in the middle of a war, Ikora's plan to stop the vex offensive seems to involve using vex parts to build a vex gate in the middle of the city

tenor.gif

also the first time I tried walking there I fell through the floor and died

edit: okay, so later on we learn the portal was just being built inside the city but transported and activated outside. Not sure why they would need to build those scaffolds for that though.

Last edited:

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
For those curious: it isn't worth it. Destiny 2 is a game that has you relentlessly chasing skins, ornaments, and emotes in a p2p instanced fps with stripped down social interaction. I mean global chat is disabled by default, for Christ's sake. What's the point of calling it an MMO and giving you endless visual trickets to obtain? Just avoid.

Norfleet

I get the sense that these guys are scrubs. First, it's clear that they're facing an actual team, whereas they only have two people. Second, despite knowing that your opponents FLY, he consistently looks straight like he's not facing flying enemies: 2D thinking. I mean, look at his opponents: He's facing 3 guys who are clearly a team, vs. him, who is just there with his buddy and some rando. That's NOT a team. Despite all this, it seems like he does manage to shoot one of them down at one point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom