Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Deleted Member 16721

Have you tried checking your journal? It says what you need to do...

Yes, read above. We covered it in the thread.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been reading a bit on the Steam forum, and many there excuse the unfinished game with that the money ran out, and that might be true. But then where do the publisher come in? The publisher behind Stygian is not some no-name publisher. They have been around for a long time and financed games for years and if they are not contributing with any money toward development why even sign a deal to publish on Steam? You can do that easily yourself. Makes me wonder if the team ran out of kickstarter money long ago and 1C Company have actually financed the game we actually got.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
cmon, few people alreadyfinished the game, just tell me how do i get through alien land

Ok, I'll try my best from memory.

If you've only activated two of the pods, there are 2 more on that same map. I'm not even sure if they have anything to do with it, but find them and activate them just in case. Head back to the eastern exit of this map, then go all the way to the bottom of the map you enter and exit out of that bottom western exit. This map will be full of activated pods, so don't get confused an think you went the wrong way. As far as I remember, you head south from here and you should be able to figure it out.

Just a weird little bit of backtracking in terrain that looks similar, but that should get you where you need to go.

Last edited:

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Alright, so I got lucky and re-loaded and no combat ensued on my way to The House of Spectres. But I can't progress with the spectre. He asks me what name the killer goes by and all 3 are wrong answers. Did I miss talking to someone in Arkham?

Either read a book you can buy in Arkham about local legends, or talk to the author of the book about it.

Sloul

Savant
Yes, forget about artifacts and scientific items, get the perk which gives +1 mental resistance for every jewel equipped.
The only reason I would advocate for artifacts is to counter critical failure, but that hinders some builds too much, just avoid the +10% critical failure hindrance perk as long as you can.
Melee characters are fine with eco, because they have low needs (just get a combat knife or scalpel and you're good to go).
I would rate psychology and occult pretty high. Not only do they procure a good deal of experience points (psychology also ensure you keep control of undead soldier), they also, respectively, increase mental and super-natural resistances.

edit: actually, I just noticed that Hoarder perks only gives +1 mental resistance on the first jewel equipped, it doesn't stack.

Last edited:

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I talked my way through the thugs at the distillery and spoke to Wheat, he asked me to kill the thugs, but I don't have anything in my inventory to poison the whiskey barrel with, and neither can I attack the bandits now.

Mr. Wheat at the distillery gave me no poison when he was supposed to (either that, or i lost the poison somehow, but I don't think I ever received it), and now i cannot progress. it doesn't even let me get into a fight w/ the mob to get around not having the poison. they just say "beat it pal" so i am stuck at the distillery. any solutions/workarounds or do I need to start a new game/reload 6 hours back? I will probably never finish this game if it comes to that, I've been enjoying it but it's not worth wasting that much time to get back where I am

Last edited:

Stakhanov

Augur
I talked my way through the thugs at the distillery and spoke to Wheat, he asked me to kill the thugs, but I don't have anything in my inventory to poison the whiskey barrel with, and neither can I attack the bandits now.

Mr. Wheat at the distillery gave me no poison when he was supposed to (either that, or i lost the poison somehow, but I don't think I ever received it), and now i cannot progress. it doesn't even let me get into a fight w/ the mob to get around not having the poison. they just say "beat it pal" so i am stuck at the distillery. any solutions/workarounds or do I need to start a new game/reload 6 hours back? I will probably never finish this game if it comes to that, I've been enjoying it but it's not worth wasting that much time to get back where I am

You have to tell Mr Wheat that you suck at fighting so he takes pity on you and gives you the poison. He doesn't do it automatically. Reload an earlier save and try that, it should work.

Stakhanov

Augur
cmon, few people alreadyfinished the game, just tell me how do i get through alien land

Snip.

For dialogues, psychology and science seem to have the most impact. Medicine is also very good at times for dialogue, and the ability to craft drugs and increase healing on rest make it a very strong choice. Investigation and occult are not very useful in dialogue, but provide some quest solutions. Athletics is a garbage skill.

In terms of min-maxing, with a high agility build you can cover most of your bases with 1 point in investigation, subterfuge, and melee. Otherwise, you get to take advantage of overpowered increases in reaction and AP. Besides that, with the +2 agility artifact you get 12 base AP + 14 with reaction proc, 14+16 AP with drug use. It gets insane when you start adding in snapshots, you basically unload a full clip in a turn, or dig out the sleeper in one turn.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
another weird thing is all the things you can materials you can collect near the end that are brand new and can never actually be used for anything.. when is that live stream?

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
1C Company
Ugh, actually about that, 1C was the only thing that made me worried about buying the game. Essentially they don't give a fuck.
at least, they've made a really good russian localization.
It might have something to do with their stances towards the internal, Russian, market, and other external markets, and them being different. For years now, I had a knack for some games they distributed (Briagade E5 series, Faces of War series) and quite frankly 1C has become my personal seal of shit quality, glitchy gameplay and lousy consumer support. I know it's down to developers, but the way I see it, shit goes only if the money guys let it slide, and damn, they do let it slide a lot.

hell bovine

Arcane
1C has become my personal seal of shit quality, glitchy gameplay
That's because they mostly publish Russian games.
Russian games are generally less buggy than eurojank or calitrash.
PK was a literal anthill upon release. But what I can't stand is when the story ends up cut in half with no resolution. Case in point Tyranny.

So without spoilers, is the story finished, or does it lack a conclusion?

Stakhanov

Augur
The story has a conclusion, but it's an obvious placeholder until they have the capacity to finish the other parts of the game.

Trash Player

Scholar

Snip.

For dialogues, psychology and science seem to have the most impact. Medicine is also very good at times for dialogue, and the ability to craft drugs and increase healing on rest make it a very strong choice. Investigation and occult are not very useful in dialogue, but provide some quest solutions. Athletics is a garbage skill.

In terms of min-maxing, with a high agility build you can cover most of your bases with 1 point in investigation, subterfuge, and melee. Otherwise, you get to take advantage of overpowered increases in reaction and AP. Besides that, with the +2 agility artifact you get 12 base AP + 14 with reaction proc, 14+16 AP with drug use. It gets insane when you start adding in snapshots, you basically unload a full clip in a turn, or dig out the sleeper in one turn.
Athleics is basically a defensive skill but yes combat skill is not neccessary on PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom