Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Delterius

Arcane
So an event where all hell breaks loose and vampires and other supernatural creatures/forces just go on a rampage is a recurring thing and no one fucking remembers it!?
everyone died and it was thousands of years ago

Cael

Arcane
However, how come Bloodlines 2 is set in the "old World of Darkness" if in 2004 that setting supposedly ended for being the theme year of "Time of Judgement"?

According to the new PnP version "Gehenna" is some kind of cyclic event and not as final as though.

That just dumb.
So an event where all hell breaks loose and vampires and other supernatural creatures/forces just go on a rampage is a recurring thing and no one fucking remembers it!?
They smoke some serious shit down in white wolf land. And they think that is normal for the rest of the world, like all the other good little sjw fucks.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They smoke some serious shit down in white wolf land. And they think that is normal for the rest of the world, like all the other good little sjw fucks.

Gehenna as it exists now is "all the old vampires get a calling to go to the middle east where the antediluvians feast on them, then go back to bed." It's a vampire apocalypse, not a world-affecting one.

Delterius

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here come the Tremere: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/faction-the-newcomers.1253458/

Hello everyone!

Up next, our fourth of five revealed Factions of Seattle, The Newcomers. The Tremere have been historically kept out of Seattle - until Prince Cross suddenly allowed them access to the University District territory. There’s endless speculation about where in Europe these Newcomers might hail from and why the Prince decided to take them in now.

The Newcomers

"I realize that there are many in Seattle who will disparage you from associating with us. We're a threat to their stability - the inevitable pressure that changes the way the city's blood flows."
-Elif Parmak, right hand of Viktor Goga

The Faction’s charismatic leader, “Professor” Viktor Goga offers any vampire who would join him safe access to blood in one of the city’s richest hunting grounds, a spot in a rapidly progressing organization - and a promise of something greater. After all, it’s said that clan Tremere knows more about the true potential of Kindred blood than any other.

The Newcomers’ ranks have swollen with occultists, scholars, college students, runaways, and more than a few defectors from the other factions. Already, the Baron views the Tremere’s operation as his most dangerous competition.

Though conflict is on the horizon, the Tremere’s star keeps rising. Alluring, confident, visionary; they offer opportunity and risk in equal measure.

Academics

Founded by blood mages, recruiting from and hunting in the University, the Newcomers are easily Seattle’s most learned Kindred faction. Those with talent can rise to the top quickly.

The Pyramid

Vienna lies shattered; Tremere across the globe are on the run. Still, there are whispers of the secrets and connections the Newcomers can call upon. Likely, not even Prince Cross himself can tell every rumor from truth. Either way, the Tremere's abilities generate a healthy fear in the Kindred community.

Outcasts

Nobody seems to know quite what led the warlocks to make the journey from Europe to the far edge of America. Given the Camarilla's generosity, it's likely they paid a high price to enter the city. What that price was, no one's quite sure.

faction-posters-nc-8kca2zf42-d9c373.jpg

This is the faction of Elif from the E3 demo.

why would the thin-blood protagonist of this game join any other faction than this one?
Beacuse Warlocks (even lame 5th ed ones) not only always take care of number one, but also tend to use kine and kindred alike in magical experiments? Researching thin-blood alchemy, for example. Just a guess.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
After all, it’s said that clan Tremere knows more about the true potential of Kindred blood than any other.

Outrageous lies :argh:
tzimisce jelly brigade detected

Any insights into the Cainite condition the Usurpers might have pale in comparison to the enlightement of metamorphosis! Our stolen blood gives them more understanding han they have any right to, but still they squander it! They must be purified. They all must be purified!

Delterius

Arcane
After all, it’s said that clan Tremere knows more about the true potential of Kindred blood than any other.

Outrageous lies :argh:
tzimisce jelly brigade detected

Any insights into the Cainite condition the Usurpers might have pale in comparison to the enlightement of metamorphosis! Our stolen blood gives them more understanding han they have any right to, but still they squander it! They must be purified. They all must be purified!
Someone should call an old crusty slav koldunist to to btfo all them vicissitude kids.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
As if one somehow precludes the other. They very often go hand in hand.

Personally I too prefer koldunism over vicissitude. The former allows one to become a veritable genius locii, the latter is merely a nice gimmick. But speaking in purely scientific terms, vicissitude is the best discipline for exploring the Cainite condition.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Here come the Tremere: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/faction-the-newcomers.1253458/

Hello everyone!

Up next, our fourth of five revealed Factions of Seattle, The Newcomers. The Tremere have been historically kept out of Seattle - until Prince Cross suddenly allowed them access to the University District territory. There’s endless speculation about where in Europe these Newcomers might hail from and why the Prince decided to take them in now.

The Newcomers

"I realize that there are many in Seattle who will disparage you from associating with us. We're a threat to their stability - the inevitable pressure that changes the way the city's blood flows."
-Elif Parmak, right hand of Viktor Goga

The Faction’s charismatic leader, “Professor” Viktor Goga offers any vampire who would join him safe access to blood in one of the city’s richest hunting grounds, a spot in a rapidly progressing organization - and a promise of something greater. After all, it’s said that clan Tremere knows more about the true potential of Kindred blood than any other.

The Newcomers’ ranks have swollen with occultists, scholars, college students, runaways, and more than a few defectors from the other factions. Already, the Baron views the Tremere’s operation as his most dangerous competition.

Though conflict is on the horizon, the Tremere’s star keeps rising. Alluring, confident, visionary; they offer opportunity and risk in equal measure.

Academics

Founded by blood mages, recruiting from and hunting in the University, the Newcomers are easily Seattle’s most learned Kindred faction. Those with talent can rise to the top quickly.

The Pyramid

Vienna lies shattered; Tremere across the globe are on the run. Still, there are whispers of the secrets and connections the Newcomers can call upon. Likely, not even Prince Cross himself can tell every rumor from truth. Either way, the Tremere's abilities generate a healthy fear in the Kindred community.

Outcasts

Nobody seems to know quite what led the warlocks to make the journey from Europe to the far edge of America. Given the Camarilla's generosity, it's likely they paid a high price to enter the city. What that price was, no one's quite sure.

faction-posters-nc-8kca2zf42-d9c373.jpg

So basically the starbucks millennial faction?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
There’s endless speculation about where in Europe these Newcomers might hail from and why the Prince decided to take them in now.

The Newcomers

Always a good sign for your writing team when you pull shit straight out of your ass. Although, I guess they're just hip stand-ins for Tremere Chantry.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The more I see of VTMB 2 the more I regret ever hoping for a sequel. Least we still have VTMB 1 which will also be awesome. I hope we never get an Arcanum sequel either. Be careful what you wish for.
I don't agree. VTMB was so much better than 99% of RPGs that even a sequel that is 75% as good is still worthy of playing.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The more I see of VTMB 2 the more I regret ever hoping for a sequel. Least we still have VTMB 1 which will also be awesome. I hope we never get an Arcanum sequel either. Be careful what you wish for.
I don't agree. VTMB was so much better than 99% of RPGs that even a sequel that is 75% as good is still worthy of playing.

I made a spelling mistake. Least we still have VTMB 1 which will also be awesome I meant always instead of also.

You can make a good sequel with everything that the previous game had and even better. But often times turn out "soulless" and lacks something without being able to what made the previous game so good. Will the writing be as good? Sure Mitsoda is doing the writing. But having to run it by the PC police is what will strip the soul away from what made VTMB 1 great.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I made a spelling mistake. Least we still have VTMB 1 which will also be awesome I meant always instead of also.

You can make a good sequel with everything that the previous game had and even better. But often times turn out "soulless" and lacks something without being able to what made the previous game so good. Will the writing be as good? Sure Mitsoda is doing the writing. But having to run it by the PC police is what will strip the soul away from what made VTMB 1 great.
Or maybe VTMB is the pinnacle of their creative power and effort and everything they can achieve later is just trying to get close. Maybe expecting them to be able to achieve that level of greatness is futile.
Many creatives in many fields achieve their best works earlier and then are never able to reach it again.

My point is that maybe you just need to manage your expectations better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom