Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I haven't kept up on any developments regarding SC for a long time. But what's the current state of things? Release soon, soonish, never?

Give it a year or more and we'll have a decent prototype. Then next 3-4 years will probably be building pre-alpha and pre-alpha can begin in earnest after 6 years.

Syl

Cipher
I haven't kept up on any developments regarding SC for a long time. But what's the current state of things? Release soon, soonish, never?

Give it a year or more and we'll have a decent prototype. Then next 3-4 years will probably be building pre-alpha and pre-alpha can begin in earnest after 6 years.
At which point they will switch to a 128-bit engine to keep up with technology, with support for UHD textures, raytracing GPU, 16k screens, holographic VR, quantum chip for AI... (non exhaustive list).

It will be ready just in time to be played during the trip to Mars on an Elon Musk rocket. :P

Perkel

Arcane
First person mining

wut ?

also apperently you can pick up fruits of plants from plants themselves:

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really enjoy his Sunk Galaxy Cost series, but did he really have to go poor women and journos in gaming at 11 minutes in...

I really enjoy his Sunk Galaxy Cost series, but did he really have to go poor women and journos in gaming at 11 minutes in...
I can't despute the facts of the series. But I can despute using those facts to create a skewed narrative that favours whatever bullshit you want to peddle. Bearing in mind the person who made this is yet another high paying backer who got salty that Chris sempai wasn't listening to him.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Watched the whole thing now, and boy some stuff. How Sandi are using backer money to stage her own career, the house for 4 million and that they no longer show up in videos or events anymore, distancing themselves from the project. Gonna be interesting when it finally implodes.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Glad to finally see some content get added, shame it is harvesting resources which is the worst part of any MMO.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Yeah it's like this guy is naive to believe all this BS about women being treated badly in gaming and not think those same types of accusations of misogyny and sexism can just be leveled at him to destroy his reputation.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Yeah it's like this guy is naive to believe all this BS about women being treated badly in gaming and not think those same types of accusations of misogyny and sexism can just be leveled at him to destroy his reputation.

Maybe it was to shield himself somehow, considering his whole video was basically about a woman in gaming, I don't know.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Maybe it was to shield himself somehow, considering his whole video was basically about a woman in gaming, I don't know.
Nah,he is just a butthurt retard. After all he is some LA backer. I just game him a dislike and unsubed from the cuck. Also fall asleep 40 minutes in,but that is because i haven't sleep more than hours in the last 3 days :).

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Alright enough talking about this "Star Citizen" fantasy and lets talk about something that in all probability has a chance of actually happening.

So- Sandi whatever-her-fucking-name-is . Smash or pass?

I'd hit but then again I dont have any standards.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
EFvHXnGWkA8NAnM.jpg

A "friend"? Not his wife's son?

Aemar

Arcane
Stellar Tactics vs Star Citizen. Or when a solo dev delivers more content than a team of five hundred people backed by ~$250 million. The Stellar Tactics dev would probably do even more wonders on his game with only $2.5 million (or even with 250k...).

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Stellar Tactics

You beautiful fucker, you found nice game. Thanks mate.
Looks really fucking nice and has turn based combat !
Though i will play it later, i binge currently MTG arena.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom