Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Gnome in a top hat is funny, but not nearly as funny as when you got busted playing Pillars on story mode.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Gnome in a top hat is funny, but not nearly as funny as when you got busted playing Pillars on story mode.
Not as funny as a washed up deowned drunk! :smug:

86XGbhS.jpg

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
But whatever, they sure don't need me to defend them, they've got an army of lawyers and PR hacks for that. Pirate away, just not from devs who really need your support.

M-m-m...help these poor developers... LOL shut up fag. No one is forcing them to make a game. You see, this is the typical apologetic shit every influencer shill here on the Codex (Infinitron, Felipe Pepe, etc) says. It's so easy to spot you guys. It's so clear. All of you had some sort of contact w/ someone in game dev at some point, and now sympathize with them. You must think they're so nice and need support. Well I got news for you buddy, you have been manipulated.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Pirate away, just not from devs who really need your support.

M-m-m...help these poor developers... LOL shut up fag. No one is forcing them to make a game. You see, this is the typical apologetic shit every influencer shill here on the Codex (Infinitron, Felipe Pepe, etc) says. It's so easy to spot you guys. It's so clear. All of you had some sort of contact w/ someone in game dev at some point, and now sympathize with them. You must think they're so nice and need support. Well I got news for you buddy, you have been manipulated.

I thought the whole point of capitalism is that your money does the talking

But no it turns out the whole point of capitalism is only pay when you have to and otherwise never pay for anything and hope that nobody's fucking you over the same way

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Yeah well I'm not talking about piracy and never said I agree or disagree w/ that, personally I hate buying on steam but have around 50 games on GoG (which is not many) but then again I don't play many games nowadays... as for piracy, if you're living in a fucking third world shithole in Pakistan on $5 per day of course you're gonna pirate it. Anyway my point was that the Codex is infested with shills

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It is amusing how everyone cite those three people. Yet i still haven't seen anything from the writer of the game,Edward Mortimer. I couldn't even find a fucking photo of the guy. I am surprised by how little he is mentioned......anywhere really,especially since he is one of the reasons why the game is so memorable. Roguey do you have any info on the dude? All i found out,was the wrote some first edition D&D things. Is he even alive?

He's listed in the credits as a contracted writer so he didn't do much. As far as I know from my memory of the pre-release dev diaries, Boyarsky did the bulk of the writing on Arcanum.

Edit: People who said they wrote for Arcanum.
Boyarsky:
I'm an artist and a designer, as well as being the Art Director when people decide to listen to me, which is rare. My main function is to try to convince my two partners, Tim and Jason, that it's time to take everyone out for lunch. In my spare time I design/write dialog/script for about half the game, as well as doing character portraits and animation.

Chad Moore:
I've done many things here at Troika, and am currently vying for the position of Big Cheese…:)

I was hired on as an artist, and I did a few monsters, and a couple of PC body types. I also worked for a month or so on one of our movies. For the last six months or so, I've done nothing but design, dialogue and scripting, as well as the occasional installment of Arcanum Tales.

David Bragg:
I'm the Troika "UCI Intern". As such my functions and responsibilities are primarily in the areas of play-testing, scripting and dialog support. I am a part-time student also, completing a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of California at Irvine. If I can get a C or better in an upper division Math course that I am taking this quarter, I just might graduate in a few weeks too.

Sharon Shellman:
My official title here at Troika is Office Manager, or Operations Manager, or whatever I feel like calling myself at the moment. That means I get to keep the books, pay the bills, make sure everyone gets paid, and keep lots of food and drinks in the kitchen. My unofficial title is 3D artist. So when I'm not busy with the admin stuff, I get to create and animate animals and monsters, help with the cut movies, write small side quests, and fix any computers that break.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is amusing how everyone cite those three people. Yet i still haven't seen anything from the writer of the game,Edward Mortimer. I couldn't even find a fucking photo of the guy. I am surprised by how little he is mentioned......anywhere really,especially since he is one of the reasons why the game is so memorable. Roguey do you have any info on the dude? All i found out,was the wrote some first edition D&D things. Is he even alive?

He's listed in the credits as a contracted writer so he didn't do much. As far as I know from my memory of the pre-release dev diaries, Boyarsky did the bulk of the writing on Arcanum.

Edit: People who said they wrote for Arcanum.
Boyarsky:
I'm an artist and a designer, as well as being the Art Director when people decide to listen to me, which is rare. My main function is to try to convince my two partners, Tim and Jason, that it's time to take everyone out for lunch. In my spare time I design/write dialog/script for about half the game, as well as doing character portraits and animation.

Chad Moore:
I've done many things here at Troika, and am currently vying for the position of Big Cheese…:)

I was hired on as an artist, and I did a few monsters, and a couple of PC body types. I also worked for a month or so on one of our movies. For the last six months or so, I've done nothing but design, dialogue and scripting, as well as the occasional installment of Arcanum Tales.

David Bragg:
I'm the Troika "UCI Intern". As such my functions and responsibilities are primarily in the areas of play-testing, scripting and dialog support. I am a part-time student also, completing a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of California at Irvine. If I can get a C or better in an upper division Math course that I am taking this quarter, I just might graduate in a few weeks too.

Sharon Shellman:
My official title here at Troika is Office Manager, or Operations Manager, or whatever I feel like calling myself at the moment. That means I get to keep the books, pay the bills, make sure everyone gets paid, and keep lots of food and drinks in the kitchen. My unofficial title is 3D artist. So when I'm not busy with the admin stuff, I get to create and animate animals and monsters, help with the cut movies, write small side quests, and fix any computers that break.
I believe that he was the dude that wrote all the dialogue and interaction,he is a "dialogue generation" in the game's credits. To be honest,the game credits are pretty weird and unclear. Also i saw him being written as the writer of the game in a few places,wikipedia included. I am pretty curious about the dude. Even you didn't come up with an actual info about him. In such industry you really can't say who actually did the job and who is getting the credits. After all it is a team work that created arcanum. We will see if Cain and Boyarsky do really hold up as master developers in the upcoming outer worlds. I don't expect arcanum or any other troika game,but i do hope for at least competent world design and some neat writing.

Quillon

Arcane
he is a "dialogue generation" in the game's credits.

Dialogue generation might refer to Cain's automated reactivities like NPCs responding to player's stats, current condition etc. Someone had to write appropriate lines for all that I suppose :M

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
As for the whole "you're not actually protesting against the corporations because you're spending time on their games" argument, I dunno, it seems to me like you're attaching your arbitrary morals to the issue.

Holy shit, being for or against piracy is a moral issue? Breaking news.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
FWIW I detest Steam, it’s a parasite ruthlessly sucking the juice out of everything by way of its dominant market position. Epic is by far the lesser evil.

Not that I don't hate Steam and think Steamtards are the worst thing on the internet after SJWs, but lol at a follower of communism (the literal enemy of creativity) complaining about something sucking the juices out of everything.

Holy shit, being for or against piracy is a moral issue? Breaking news.

Is it? I thought it's primarily a legal issue. If it's just moral I guess it shouldn't be called theft then since theft is a legal issue and has nothing to do with morals.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Piracy is wack. Buy the games.

Or, failing that because you're a waste of air living in their parents basement, beg for free keys from the developers. That definitely helps the "starving developers", leeches begging for free keys.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
communism (the literal enemy of creativity)

Amusing that you're coming up with this less than two weeks before Disco Elysium is coming out.

Prime Junta truly is the Sauron of communism. Including the word in any post is very similar to slipping on the One Ring. No sooner does one enter the shadow realm than his baleful gaze falls upon you—although Sauron merely projected malice, whereas Prime Junta delivers obnoxious lectures and snide remarks, tirelessly defending the political philosophy that set world records in multiple categories such as: most conducive to genocide in history; shortest-lived world power in history; most-despised political system in history; most attractive political philosophy to privileged upper-class youths and white-tower academics; etc.

Unfortunately most of the time it's the same 5 neckbeards posting the same 3 shitposts ad nauseum. Something something combat, something something colors, something something lesbian hair are SJW agenda. It's become so dull, I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't even bother to check this thread more than few times a week.

What this thread needs is professional-grade shitposting. As proud as I am of being the trendsetter who first produced evidence of dangerhairs at Obsidian, I agree that my imitators and followers need to freshen up their material.

Worry not! I'll be providing my services on a daily basis once the game has dropped.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Funny thing is that Steam is pretty much communism. Everyone can get their shit game there and make a living out of it. Essentially getting payed no matter how shit the work you do is. I don't see why communistards wouldn't love it.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah, if rent means server hosting, PR, access to the user ecosystem, achievements, user reviews, and all the other benefits that Steam provides

Meanwhile EGS doesn't even have a shopping cart

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There's plenty of this shit in the Steam vs. Epic thread and no one ever changes their mind either way. It's a waste of time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom