Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skygerfall -- Daggerfall's Main Quest in TESV

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99469

99469-1569461020-954142947.jpeg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So it's Daggerfall with half the amount of skills, half the amount of equipment slots (can't do fun dressup in the clothing shops, booo), and without the hilarious exploity character advantages and disadvantages you can set at char creation?

Why bother, then? Daggerfall's strengths were its systems and nothing else. Skyrim doesn't have Daggerfall's systems.

Why would anyone play this when Daggerfall Unity exists?

MWaser

Arbiter
Privateer's Hold and the realms of Aetherius have been reproduced in their entirety. However, other dungeons have been somewhat streamlined, so that you cannot get hopelessly lost, as you could in the originals
Why even play Daggerfall if you can't get hopelessly lost in a dungeon?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Privateer's Hold and the realms of Aetherius have been reproduced in their entirety. However, other dungeons have been somewhat streamlined, so that you cannot get hopelessly lost, as you could in the originals

Apparently Daggerfall Unity also has an option for smaller dungeons, which is an optional option players can choose if they want to, but don't have to.

Which makes this Skyrim mod even more unnecessary. Everything it does, Daggerfall Unity already does better.

MWaser

Arbiter

Apparently Daggerfall Unity also has an option for smaller dungeons, which is an optional option players can choose if they want to, but don't have to.

Which makes this Skyrim mod even more unnecessary. Everything it does, Daggerfall Unity already does better.
Why would anyone enable that option is also beyond me.

The best part of Daggerfall is that it has the most sprawling big multiple Z-level dungeons out of any 3D game I'm aware of. When you take that part away, what's even the point.

deuxhero

Arcane
There was a Morrowind mod that replaced the start with the Privateer's Hold. It didn't really work due to a starting Morrowind character being pretty much helpless, but it was done as well as could be done. I wouldn't mind adding the Privateer's Hold as an Alternate Start that exists somewhere in the existing world since Skyrim's starting PCs, even with Requiem, are much more capable (especially that Iliac Bay based Tower of Dawn mod in the unlikely event it ever gets released in full)

Quillon

Arcane
Whoever names these mods needs to be shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom