Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Old One

Arcane
Vivian Young's story definitely needs some expansion. The JKK quest you do with her is one of the best in the game, and then *poof* she's gone.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tanner used advanced neuro linguistic programming on protagonist to make him follow orders without questioning. This was also done to break natural limitations of protagonist's brain to give him superhuman ability to adapt.
Where was this?

Trashos

Arcane
I liked the story -a lot! I had a lot of motivation to march on. The world of Underrail is very mysterious, and even the mcguffin had an air of mystery that I wanted to resolve. In addition, at the very least I was following the instructions of my employers (SGS/Tanner).

On the other hand, it is disappointing to have so many loose ends at the end. I agree on this part.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I had the motivation - to explore the game and what it has to offer. It is my character who did not have a believable motivation to do all this shit.

Maybe Tanner put a spell on him, but still, the story conceals far too much info which hampers my ability to understand motivations of many key characters.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Vivian Young's story definitely needs some expansion. The JKK quest you do with her is one of the best in the game, and then *poof* she's gone.
i thought that was an interesting way to end that questline. It makes you wonder if she really was a traitor and JKK did the right (albeit harsh) thing, or she was murderef for not being loyal enough and wanting to quit.

A shame that we're not able to tell Mykola about her fate.

Wracksted

Barely Literate
Playing the expedition: I wiped out the natives and the pirates early one, and my supply levels were consistently very high- but having finished the command center, they're all now extremely low. Is that normal, or is it a bug? I guess that they did that to add more tension to story, but it feels pretty lame to punish you for going out of your way to keep the supplies topped up.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
So what is the goal in the Nexus of Technology? I'm not getting in the vault, what else is there? Professor won't clear the quest.

*edit* nevermind, found it, missed one entry on one stupid computer console.

*edit 2* okay, I got a note in my log that I discovered something but I can't tell the professor about it. Fuck this stupid place. If I just blow the black sea and leave will everything fail?

Last edited:
So what is the goal in the Nexus of Technology? I'm not getting in the vault, what else is there? Professor won't clear the quest.

*edit 2* okay, I got a note in my log that I discovered something but I can't tell the professor about it. Fuck this stupid place. If I just blow the black sea and leave will everything fail?
Use the chip encoder to upgrade the microchip in the arm. You have to do that before you can talk about it.
You're allowed to leave if you want. Everyone will wait for you to get back. The natives will even pause their raids until you're in the area, they're very patient.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane

Use the chip encoder to upgrade the microchip in the arm. You have to do that before you can talk about it.
You're allowed to leave if you want. Everyone will wait for you to get back. The natives will even pause their raids until you're in the area, they're very patient.

Where's the chip encoder?

ciox

Liturgist
Oh for fuck's sake, the goddamned natives spawned their fucking boat right on top of my jet ski and now it's stuck. Who designed this piece of shit game?
Fallout 2.... Fallout 2 trained us for this... SNAKE, REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh for fuck's sake, the goddamned natives spawned their fucking boat right on top of my jet ski and now it's stuck. Who designed this piece of shit game?
Fallout 2.... Fallout 2 trained us for this... SNAKE, REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING
Wasn't a problem in FO2 with vehicle? Something with appearing only half vehicle in certain villages?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm in the Nexus, Security floor. Does anyone know how much Hacking does the security console need in order to disable the security cameras? It seems to be more than 90.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Deep caverns are a little tedious, aren't they? Most of these fights aren't engaging, just repetitive.

Eh I'm fine with it. After the Black Sea it feels like a breath of fresh air. Forcing you to keep moving and deal with respawns adds extra tension to what would otherwise be very simple fights.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom