Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment I just finished Planescape: Torment and...

Cael

Arcane
Wasn't 3 the one that took place 200 years in the past or something? That one didn't grab me as much, I have to admit.

It's one of my favorite RPGs ever. It has the excellent and unique Tri Story system where you see the story from various perspectives.
I liked 4 the best out of the series. The ending can be a gut punch if you didn't do things absolutely perfect.

Cael

Arcane
Suikoden 1,2 and 4 had pretty good stories. Also that one where you were air pirates with people living on land floating in an infinite sky.
4? The one with ships and shit? I felt it was rather mediocre. Or did you mean 5? Anyways, yeah Suikoden are excellent. 2 > 3 > 5 > 1 > 4
Let me check. Yes, you are right. It is 5 . The one with the Sun Rune.

4 is the island one, I think? That one is pretty bad.

Terenty

Liturgist
Planescape Torment is a great game, but what C&C does it have? Its a genuine question. I know that if you have high intellect you can have more memories, but other than that?

Silva

Arcane
Planescape Torment is a great game, but what C&C does it have? Its a genuine question. I know that if you have high intellect you can have more memories, but other than that?
Don't the dialogues present lots of C&C based on actual choices and "character state" (stats/alignments/items worn/factions/etc) ?

Neanderthal

Arcane

Upset Deionarra and get cursed, reveal the anarchist zombie and keep his secret or snitch, form Adahn through lies, join Dustmen/chaosmen/anarchists/sensates/godsmen, go through dead nations or warrens of thought, uncover silent kings secret and maybe become him, get mazed or killed by Lady of pain, free the siege tower, learn about and forgive Morte, learn of old company you adventured with, free, leave or destroy Vhailor, use the bronze sphere, complete and use Nihl Xanders dream machine, etc.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

You can pick between Annah and Fall-from-grace. Who is your waifu? Mine is evident.

Terenty

Liturgist

Upset Deionarra and get cursed, reveal the anarchist zombie and keep his secret or snitch, form Adahn through lies, join Dustmen/chaosmen/anarchists/sensates/godsmen, go through dead nations or warrens of thought, uncover silent kings secret and maybe become him, get mazed or killed by Lady of pain, free the siege tower, learn about and forgive Morte, learn of old company you adventured with, free, leave or destroy Vhailor, use the bronze sphere, complete and use Nihl Xanders dream machine, etc.

Yeah, i remember some of them now...

Gained Experience: 5000

Others i didnt know, pretty cool

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
who cares about "c&c"? it's literally like the least important aspect of an RPG.

I'm a gameplay-first guy myself :)

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does anyone here have a backup of the Planescape Torment Developer retrospective that was released by InExile as a backer reward for NumaNuma?
Turns out those cocksuckers shut down their backer portal a while ago so I can't download it anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom