Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Danikas

Arcane
FK9ssEp.png

79GKgnP.png

YldriE

Learned
4rdy4ke.png

There are five Call of Duty games on DS, released in this order: Modern Warfare -> World at War -> Modern Warfare 2 Mobilized -> Black Ops -> Modern Warfare 3 Defiance. None is a port, they are all spin-offs with exclusive missions, characters and plot... not that I remember any of it.

The first three games use the touchscreen for aiming, and needless to say emulating them on PC with mouselook absolutely trivializes them. The last two use the front buttons for camera input, which I used to find a poor substitute for a real right stick but is actually a solid workaround: graphics aside the modern control scheme makes them feel like they could have been released yesterday.

I like observing a series as it gets better over time, and this is a case study. As you progress through the series you get more and more complex environments, detailed allies and enemies, distant scenery, elaborate reload animations with moving parts, loud weapons with heavy recoil, myriads of level-specific assets, and of course over-the-top scripted events with vehicle chases, destructrible environments and first-person cutscenes. The whole chest-thumping Call of Duty formula, now in cutesy 256x192.

Regarding the level design: expect no miracle, it's still a bunch of corridor shooters, and a pocket version at that. The mission complexity is near zero.

Verdict: 2 nightshifts out of 4. Oh yeah, because I forgot to mention, they are between 2 and 4 hours each. My fault for expecting them to last me a week.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
C17270759D868479B8D3026A5CA4BF1A59A390BC

Rimworld, trying out an oil drilling/refining mod Rimefeller.
I got sieged by raiders and after destroying their mortars with my own mortars, they charge my base and just when my mortar team are moving to the front I have a lightning strike my oil well causing a chain explosion taking out my oil tanks and refinery, it even spread to my mortars but the fire was put out by my mortar team.
I was in the middle of constructing a room to protect the oil buildings. I now know how to set up the oil buildings so I can build the walls first next time and in different rooms. I struck oil right next to my mortars which is why they are so dangerously close.

5BD91711A7B2D2B4B997010DE289C9FB8DF4F911

Meanwhile the raiders entered my new heat trap, a trick I read about and decided to test out.
After raiders enter a passage way, doors are closed and fire is lit, temperature reached over 300C and they pass out while trying to break out through the walls.
Now I have captured many prisoners to recruit, those I do not want I can harvest their organs for sale and sell them to slavers.
Cheesey but fun!
Oh yeah trying out the Brotherhood Of Steel mod, half my pawns are wearing Advance Power Armor, still making them and helmets, after that we'll be making Gauss rifles, we already got a Turbo Plasma Rifle & 2 Bozars.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Redneck Rampage: Suckin' Grits on Route 66

Since I didn't have opportunity to try expansion and sequel of RR, I decided to finish them both. Route 66 was developed by Sunstorm Interactive, and since they've made addons for other Build titles such as Duke It Out In D.C. , Cryptic Passage or Wanton Destruction for Shadow Warrior, I expected something better then the first part. Which had one of the most horrible sewer levels in history of FPS genre and overall didn't left much positive feeling, when it comes to level design. Route 66 is less convulted, but more enjoyable and the key hunting doesn't give you a headache later on. There are some nice textures added to the vanilla game, and the climate of southern outskirts is excellent. We eat, drink booze and fart all the way until the end. We start the whole journey by visiting the carnival fair at some swamps, and after that go to Big Bertha bar for truck drivers. The scenery change are really welcomed, and they don't give you a sense of deja vu, even if RR colour palette is rather browny compared to other Build titles.

The only map, that I didn't liked was Mystery Dino Cave, where the button for unlocking the passage is easy to miss due to the are being dark. Other than that, it was a rather pleasant surprise, although I still don't like the stronger enemies like Sheriff or Vixens. Especially the latter ladies, which can take so much HP and they can kill you almost instantly with their Teat gun. Of course the boss fight is with a unique Vixen, who can kill us quicker... Dogs are too very spongy and take some time to kill, but you can keep the distance with no problems.

I recommend using BuildGdx, since the newest versions hasn't got any bugs, and you can finish it with high framerate and better resolution with smooth mouse controls.

javaw2019-09-0617-45-2tkwj.jpg

javaw2019-09-0617-59-wpk48.jpg

javaw2019-09-0618-08-rekna.jpg

javaw2019-09-0621-08-a1kpz.jpg

javaw2019-09-0622-01-59juo.jpg

javaw2019-09-0622-16-3ij5l.jpg

javaw2019-09-0622-20-07jcu.jpg

javaw2019-09-0622-28-y8jj3.jpg

javaw2019-09-0622-42-taj9n.jpg

javaw2019-09-0623-47-sjjhz.jpg

javaw2019-09-0919-27-nnko7.jpg

javaw2019-09-0922-01-xsjyn.jpg

javaw2019-09-0922-22-byk61.jpg

javaw2019-09-0922-46-q5jre.jpg

javaw2019-09-0922-47-dljbl.jpg

javaw2019-09-0922-55-c4khc.jpg

javaw2019-09-0922-57-44ktj.jpg

javaw2019-09-0923-00-7qjdf.jpg

HansDampf

Arcane
wFSbcV6.png

Plok!

QtHDq42.png

Throw arms and legs to kill enemies.
:thumbsup:

qvS9GZ0.png

KtO2x3L.png

Vxfl4Ev.png

When you hit a target to trigger puzzle elements the limbs are sent to a hanger, and you have to recover them manually. Without legs you can only slide and hop on your torso.

ZhuKY5U.png

Sometimes the hanger is at the other end of the level...

x5eblgM.png

The last 8 levels have special vehicles, and most of them control horribly.

ESIN3Ce.png

lxl5bti.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been playing Blade Runner a bit, now that the new ScummVM version has support for the game...

uPkJrTK.jpg

ROcAxLz.jpg

Kzu3xl6.jpg

zcGTmkN.jpg

Byd0Val.jpg
Ah5LB4g.jpg

... and while it looks great, has great atmosphere and such, I didn't remember how much the game takes after the movie. Scenes, characters, at points it feels like you are playing a clone of Deckard, but the thing is Deckard exist in this Blade Runner universe. It's a bit weird, but a charming game.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
After 19 years I finally got my first full Diablo 2 set.

njIJbwJ.jpg

But will it be useful for any of my seven characters? Certainly not for my necro.

Turned out to be very effective for my werewolf Druid. He was struggling with his massive 2H Maul, but with this set his Attack rating is significantly higher and with Deadly Stike and Crushing Blow he's mowing through mobs like a hot knife through butter.
Long Sword is not a good weapon for Druids, though, so weapon speed is still only Fast, even with 20 IAS.

EDIT: With this set he was the one of my seven characters who killed Baal in least time (I think). He definitely was the one having the hardest time against Diablo when wielding a 2H Maul.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom