Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Tag them appropriately. The whole appeal of this place is that it remains relatively unpolluted by astroturfers, influencers and all the other human waste. And I'd rather not see us give all that away for a couple of codes.

Don't be naive. It's like you don't remember the desperate effort to boost Dumpsterfire sales by publishing a "cult RPG retrospective" of a 2 year old game. That shit was pinned for like 6 months.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

It's like you don't remember the desperate effort to boost Dumpsterfire sales by publishing a "cult RPG retrospective" of a 2 year old game :roll:. That shit was pinned for 6 months.

Just to clear up any misunderstandings, I did not write said retrospective.

Delterius

Arcane
Obviously. Hence Prime Junta has repeatedly declared his love for the game & will not write a Codex review. And anybody giving details of the game at this point have obviously been provided code by ZA/UM. What's there to pose?

Prime Junta declared his love for this game long before he was given anything by ZA/UM. That ain't an issue. But giving codes to dicksuckers on the forum is another story, that's money changing hands and they've been employed as influencers. Tag them appropriately. The whole appeal of this place is that it remains relatively unpolluted by astroturfers, influencers and all the other human waste. And I'd rather not see us give all that away for a couple of codes.
i mean one thing is to boost a game for 500 dollars or something, but then what would be the point of boosting a bad game for a copy of said bad game

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Pillars of Eternity 2 was not just horrible game. It was mediocre in everything. I can forgive bad story, horrible bland combat system - but not being mediocre in everything.

Who in Codex said that PoE2 was an incline, may i ask?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Pillars of Eternity 2 was not just horrible game. It was mediocre in everything. I can forgive bad story, horrible bland combat system - but not being mediocre in everything.

Who in Codex said that PoE2 was an incline, may i ask?
Prime Junta was a fan,then switched to being a hater,then a fan again. Now i have no idea if he hates it or loves it. There were a few other retards,but most of them are insignificant. And i do agree,the game was mediocre in everything,the codex threads were 10 times better than the game. Here,at least you could see some good writing.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
/The voice of one crying in the wilderness MODE ON

I just wonder. Pillars of Eternity 2 kickstarter campaign. From googling they got 4.4 mil USD, while asking for 1.1. mil USD.

Where all extra money went to?

Why not invest into incline games like Underrail, Solasta and this one? Whats wrong with people, whats wrong with world we all live in?

p.s. Not to mention games like Dragon age 2 and etc. shit.

/The voice of one crying in the wilderness MODE OFF

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If anyone cares about my skin in the game, well, I really have none. The game has blown me away and I wanted to share my enthusiasm for it in a friendly way.
I believe Fluent. He is a troll, but I do believe he loves everything he plays with.

I'd miss him if he left. We need him to do justice to the usual Codexians who hate everything they play with (and play it anyway).
I agree,Fluent is weird,but i don't dislike him. It will be shame if he fucks off or dies from overdose.

Quillon

Arcane
So game releases on october 15 but Cohh will play and maybe finish it in the week prior?

its unclear if there's a limit to what content he can show

There were no limit when he started streaming Deadfire 3 days early, besides Kasparov rated my post
yes.png
. Guess the game has wild replayablity and/or they need the publicity, understandable :P

Also if Cohh writes "X game starts on Y date", it's always full playtrough from what I've seen.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
whether or not it is incline is remain to be seen, all the people praising this game right now are bootlickers who were given free copies. if you take their opinion seriously, then I don't know what to tell you

We have tried this conversation via shoutbox (if you recall, it concluded with you calling me a Jewish agitator because I asked you a question you didn't want to answer, which to be fair is some quite advanced race theory) so I'm aware that its a wonderfully Sisyphean ordeal but I'm bored so let's try again. You say that your opinion of the game - which was, by your own admission, once positive - changed once a few people who received preview copies started posting their positive impressions of it

If we must dismiss all the information we get from people who had access to free copies of the game (which is, by the way, pretty much all pre-release information on any game ever), shouldn't this mean that our judgement should remain unaffected, meaning we should act as if we had no information on the game at all? Why go the extra step and suggest piracy - unless piracy is the default for you? (No judgement there if so, mind.) Besides, discounting info from people with pre-release copies would only leave us with info from the developers who, unlike Fluent and Junta and the rest, stand to directly profit from the game doing well, so shouldn't we treat their information with even more scrutiny than that of preview players? Then how come your original perception of the game was more positive when what you had available was the dev info sans the logically more trustworthy fanboi info?

That is not to say that I think Prime Junta shouldn't have disclosed his involvement in development earlier, even if it was very limited and - crucially, I think - uncompensated. I think if you like a game there is nothing wrong with promoting it. With enough zeal you might end up doing it in a hyperbolic or obnoxious way (as our friend Fluent is sometimes prone to, sadly) or you may even end up misrepresenting the game either intentionally or unintentionally, but anyone can do this for any game regardless of having played it or not. It seems strange that such actions would sabotage one's enjoyment of or willingness to purchase the game. Personally I think a line gets crossed when people who stand to financially benefit from the game end up misrepresenting it and there is no evidence that this is being done here. Again, I think if anything Kurvitz' words promising roughly 60 hours for an average playthrough and such should be taken with more scrutiny than anything Fluent or Prime Junta wrote.

I am probably more hyped for the game than I should be, granted. The concept always appealed to me and I love pretty much every preview I have seen thus far. My biggest concern is whether the density and reactivity of the game persists in its middle and final acts or if it ends up feeling rushed/diluted. I am not against the skepticism of your conclusion - its your reasoning I find entirely incoherent. Like yo, fam, if you just wrote "eh fuckit I'll pirate this one" then I wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow, but your justification that seems like a flimsy rationalization to me. Remember any action is righteous as long as its willed ok

Damn, Lithium, bro...

Some of us are reading on smartphones, where it's a bitch to scroll

Keep those ONE MILLION WORDS inside Disco Tedium where they belong, not spilled out over the forum in an ocean of butthurt.

bataille

Arcane
For some reason, when I create a new character and pick up the right shoe from the balcony, it doesn't get added to my inventory. I started a couple of new games, they all failed to register me picking it up. When I tried an earlier save file of my first character, it worked properly...

Am I to forever wear only the left shoe, while the right one is stuck in perpetual limbo, never reuniting with its pair?!

Last edited:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
For some reason, when I create a new character and pick up the right shoe from the balcony, it doesn't get added to my inventory. I started a couple of new games, they all failed to register me picking it up. When I tried an earlier save file of my first character, it worked properly...

Am I to forever wear only the left shoe, while the right one is stuck in a perpetual limbo, never reuniting with its pair?!
Sooo euroslav buggy mess incoming?
Or just a misstep along the way?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dunno if this was answered earlier ITT, but why is the reference/quote to Codex removed from ZAUM website? Damage control already?

Prime Junta

Am I to forever wear only the left shoe, while the right one is stuck in a perpetual limbo, never reuniting with its pair?!

Bug in new build? The first preview build was really clean.

Run that motherfucking test suite before hitting the "Publish" button ZA/UM, that's what it's there for. Now is not the time to start cutting corners when cutting releases no matter what deadline you're under, damn it. If you need me to yell at some producer about it, call me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom