Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Sloul

Savant
He is a companion.
Aristocrat is the easiest start whatsoever as you also begin the game with the highest cig amount and couple jewelry. And melee butler is a power-house.

vota DC

Augur
He is a companion.
Aristocrat is the easiest start whatsoever as you also begin the game with the highest cig amount and couple jewelry. And melee butler is a power-house.

I never noticed having more cigars because I always choose bankrupt royalty for the +1 survival: 2 survival (there Is a knife that helps) means +1 damage reduction.

Silva

Arcane
How do I get out of..

this Nithon planet (or whatever it's name)

I'm walking from one side to the other but can't find an exit. I noticed there are these big rocks that light up when I touch them. Is the exit related to it?

Please help me bros. This place is draining my sanity.

Sloul

Savant
I never noticed having more cigars because I always choose bankrupt royalty for the +1 survival: 2 survival (there Is a knife that helps) means +1 damage reduction.
Are you refering to the recipe Survival Knife? Your best melee weapons are Scalpel and Soldier's Knife. Scalpel has vastly better crit % but Soldier's Knife has better handle and +1 max dmg. Both of them use 2 AP while using Quick Stab.

Silva always left side whatesoever. There are just a couple screens to go before big surprise.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
How do I get out of..

this Nithon planet (or whatever it's name)

I'm walking from one side to the other but can't find an exit. I noticed there are these big rocks that light up when I touch them. Is the exit related to it?

Please help me bros. This place is draining my sanity.
Do you mean the level with the city or the one after it? Anyways, all exits are on the left side of the map. The city map has one, just near where you meet the mute guy. The other map has two, take the lower one. If you took the upper one (the area with the sleep thingy that restores sanity but gives you huge angst), go back.
These levels are vastly unfinished, there are some hotspots with inactive checks. Hopefully they'll improve it with later patches - though it's hard to improve the fact that the area is largely pointless. It should have been a side quest.

Deleted Member 16721

From the questions and discussions going on I guess the game is good?

Yes, I found the game pretty good, it nails some things and is a fairly robust and deep CRPG. I have to finish it yet though, I heard the ending parts are not as good.

Sloul

Savant
It's very buggy and if you can afford to wait some time before playing you would do yourself a favor Morkar.

Morkar Left

Not a fanboy of horror or cthulhu in particular but if interestingly done and with good mechanics and freedom

Deleted Member 16721

Not a fanboy of horror or cthulhu in particular but if interestingly done and with good mechanics and freedom

It has great CRPG mechanics imo, the character creation is incline with lots of different roleplaying choices, there's some choice and consequence and plenty of skill checks. They nailed the atmosphere, music, graphics and presentation of the game. The writing is good but the combat is just serviceable. I haven't had any bugs but others have. They were apparently inspired by Fallout 1 and it shows, it's quite open in how you approach tasks and offers good roleplaying.

Silva

Arcane
The game is about 25% complete honestly... I doubt it will ever be completed.
Exageration, but there's a pint of truth here. The game is obviously incomplete, as it's story is short and the world small. But the mechanics are sound (and great on C&C), and the atmosphere is superb (despite the crude GFX). This is a game that deserves a good expansion to realize it's potential. Like what Old Hunters did to Bloodborne.

Fluent said:
They were apparently inspired by Fallout 1 and it shows, it's quite open in how you approach tasks and offers good roleplaying.
I thought Arcanum was the more obvious influence. But then I finished FO1 so long ago that I can't remember it's details.

Last edited:

Stakhanov

Augur
We are definitely not saying that extra content will appear only in a sequel... :)

Above is a response from a developer on that update thread in the forums. For now, it seems like a wait and see type scenario until the major bugs are fixed.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I was able to help these guys out in various ways over the years, and they seemed like nice folks. The game seems to be in for dire straits, though -- it's just barely at 60% positive on Steam, and once it dips under that, I'm a bit worried as to whether it will ever come back above water. :/

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
I was able to help these guys out in various ways over the years, and they seemed like nice folks. The game seems to be in for dire straits, though -- it's just barely at 60% positive on Steam, and once it dips under that, I'm a bit worried as to whether it will ever come back above water. :/

Its their own fault tbh, 4 years for a 15 hr game that ends abruptly, instead of going early access.
I loved the 15 hours tho, but the end is abrupt and awful

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer

Its their own fault tbh, 4 years for a 15 hr game that ends abruptly, instead of going early access.
I loved the 15 hours tho, but the end is abrupt and awful
Not very long into production, they ran into funding snags, which was one of the things they consulted with me on. (I'm not sure how much help I ultimately was; maybe a bit.) So I'm not surprised that they had trouble tying it off. An indie group releasing an RPG at all (15 hours seems pretty robust to me) is nothing to sneeze at, particularly given the challenge they faced.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
4 years for a buggy release to have some random steam hobo going "UHHH GUISE MAEK FOLLOWRZ CRAFT STUFF PLZ" and then you implement it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom