Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demise: Ascension - is anyone else here playing it?

Martyr

Arcane
I actually don't mind the bad graphics at all, since the game creates a dark, haunting atmosphere ( unless there's a bunch of slimes screaming "WE WISH TO JOIN" out of nowhere, those are cute af ) that knows no equal.
what I loved were glimpses of the outside world, as can be seen in Dorateen's first screenshot: fallen leaves covering the ground, a fountain and a stormy, cloudy sky. almost makes you forget that there are gnawed, crippled corpses in almost every second room. there's also a room on the first floor of the dungeon with a window, showing a purple-ish sky, you can hear the sound of wind howling and there's a description that reads something like "you see far away lands in dim sunlight, unable to tell if the sun is setting or rising".
but then you descend deeper into the dungeon, the areas become more alienating and the enemies start getting creepier and deadlier and you'll forget ever having seen that last bit of sunlight.
truly a glorious game, I love it to bits.

tindrli

Arcane
i was trying to install it on work laptop but i have strange error
first can anyone confirm if game works on shitows 10?
and other problem is when starting a game installer appears that wants to install ProPlusWW.msi
hdgm5zb.png

and when i point it to that file it says error 1706 as it says in picture above.
any suggestions?
i tried all rendering methods and also i tried compatibility mode with xp sp3 and windows 7 and windows 8
i was thinking maybe reinstalling ms office would solve the issue but maybe someone else had it before and knows solution

thanx in advance

Outmind

Augur
Did you try redownloadding the game from your MyDemise page? This looks like a corrupt install since it claims files are missing

Hello. New member here, just wanted to introduce myself. I created an account just to get in on this thread! Glad to see theres an active community for this game. Been having a blast playing it. I have a couple questions:
1. How do I kill wererats? I'm guessing its a specific weapon, but which one?
2. Something on floor 5 keeps killing me. Im at full health (or mostly full), I walk into a random room of monsters, a couple rounds go by and Im dead. I wish this game had a combat log or something. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. I'll keep an eye on this thread, and if I find anything interesting, I'll be sure to post.

This is old by now and you probably figured it out by yourself, but you couldn't hurt it because you had bronze / copper weaponry. I don't remember rightly, bu maybe even iron doesn't do the trick. Steel definitely does though, so try and get a steel dagger.

tindrli

Arcane
I tried 3 versions. my fully bought game . Silver demo from declin and pirated one. All the same

Last edited:

Martyr

Arcane
I tried 3 versions. my fully bought game . Silver demo from declin and pirated one. All the same

I've bought Demise: Ascension on gamersgate and it works perfectly on my Win10 computer. they even updated the launcher, the process to install the game has been simplified.
it's not this anymore:
Sign in on Gamersgate.
Download the downloader.
Launch downloader which launches installer, enter Gamersgate account name and pass again.
Install, enter e-mail and a first key available on Gamersgate.
Ask for a second key by filling out a registration form on Ascension site, check e-mail for the key.
Install the game.
Sign in on Ascension site to download update and install update.
Launch game.

instead you download the setup from gamersgate which instantly installs the game, asks you to enter your username and password and the game is fully playable without downloading any patches or updates.
sorry, but I don't know why it doesn't work on your computer. :?

tindrli

Arcane
im baffled as well..
anyway i went home and i tried just to see how it will goes i installed Demise DTR, free one, on shittows 10 without msoffice and it works. well it works partially no matter what render or compatibility i choose. game starts but its black in dungeon. and if i go to video option game gets stuck in such way that i need to control alt tab just to sign off so i can acces desktop again, so im out of ideas. i
will try tomorrow to install the decklin version to this home laptop as well. and also i will try to uninstall damn office from my work machine just to see if that will fix anything

i couldnt let it go. i made it work
Mr. Replicante
Demise DTR (Black screen in dungeon problem)
First you need to confirm if your monitor suports 800x600. if NOT like mine on work then you must run demise in window mode by adding "C:\games\DEMISE DTR\DEMISE.EXE" /nodirectx in shortcut that you previously made.

with an third rendering option that SGI SOFTWARE OpenGL ( must be run as admin)
compatibility set to windows xp SP3 ( just run troubleshoot on demise.exe it will do it by default)
in video option set to high quality if not inside dungeon will look 5000 times worse than minecraft.
and yes run demise as administrator as well.
i had game installed in C: but something tells me that C: should be avoided so try other partition if possible.. maybe then you dont need to run everything every time as admin

Ok its defenetly something with with my work laptop and the god damn office.
I tried to install DEMISE DTR, free one, on work the same one that worked on my home laptop that does NOT have shitty office, and it DIDNT worked.. same shit... it asks to install something from msoffice.
now im thinking if i have something screwed up on my work unit.. maybe default open with... is screwed for some weird extension ingame so game is wrongfully trys to open it with office.. who knows.
fuck my mail client is configured in office so if i uninstall i will lose my mail. and i will need to contact our gay IT and thats something i would like to avoid.... god damn

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane

I've bought Demise: Ascension on gamersgate and it works perfectly on my Win10 computer. they even updated the launcher, the process to install the game has been simplified.
it's not this anymore:
Sign in on Gamersgate.
Download the downloader.
Launch downloader which launches installer, enter Gamersgate account name and pass again.
Install, enter e-mail and a first key available on Gamersgate.
Ask for a second key by filling out a registration form on Ascension site, check e-mail for the key.
Install the game.
Sign in on Ascension site to download update and install update.
Launch game.

instead you download the setup from gamersgate which instantly installs the game, asks you to enter your username and password and the game is fully playable without downloading any patches or updates.
sorry, but I don't know why it doesn't work on your computer. :?

ok i just did this one again on my work
via gamersgate launcher it install some version and then it says its pre release and that i need to update. im downloading last patch from decklin right now.
NOUP. after last update it still wants me to install proplusWW.msi from shitsoft office.
FUck.. i will uninstall office completely and reboot the damn thing. and everything just because , other day, i accessed my old external drive and i found my demises backups from god knows when ...

tindrli

Arcane
just one update.... the game is a mess. or shitows 10 is a mess.
on the end.
Demise DTR at home laptop working like a charm UPDATE: its not working like a charm... i have random freezes in city that cant be undone or unfreezed. when i run a game in full screen due to those freezes i had to restart laptop.. now i run it in window mode so i can end it in task bar but its annoying as fuck

Original Demise Ascension at work machine works like a charm without any issue as long i install everything as admin and run everything as admin.

by the way what was general consensus which version is better? free one or 30$ one?

meanwhile gonna play Fission Superstar X

Last edited:

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I played this game years ago when it was called 'Demise: Rise of the Ku'tan'. It was the buggiest game I have ever played. It ate saved files willy nilly. Sometimes it simply refused to run ( even on a fresh install ). It would spit out concerning error message boxes even when it did run. Not to mention that the interface and game mechanics are deep fried horseshit. And the graphics - I don't have the vocabulary necessary to describe how bad they are.

tindrli

Arcane
I played this game years ago when it was called 'Demise: Rise of the Ku'tan'. It was the buggiest game I have ever played. It ate saved files willy nilly. Sometimes it simply refused to run ( even on a fresh install ). It would spit out concerning error message boxes even when it did run. Not to mention that the interface and game mechanics are deep fried horseshit. And the graphics - I don't have the vocabulary necessary to describe how bad they are.

yes after i read all my posts on decklin forums i must agree.. there was a period when it was buggy as shit... but its good now. at least for some

litk

Novice
well i have both versions for yeeeeeeeeears. and i still play free one
I finished free version in every way and now I have nothing to play.

litk

Novice
And this
f1347d9187c50a301c3bd186c12b5543-full.png

How is that even possible. At least post the flavor text too.
This is an item from DTR 1.3 expansion.
must be years and years of playing.
Oh yes, I created my character in 19-12-2006, at the end I hated this game :P, but for a while, just 2 years break and I am back.

litk

Novice
You are a cheater yourself. Do not measure by your measure.
You don't know the game, you haven't seen the areas the game offers and you won't see them anyway.

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
And this
f1347d9187c50a301c3bd186c12b5543-full.png

How is that even possible. At least post the flavor text too.
This is an item from DTR 1.3 expansion.
must be years and years of playing.
Oh yes, I created my character in 19-12-2006, at the end I hated this game :P, but for a while, just 2 years break and I am back.

if you dont mind can you please transfer me your DTR 1.3 DEMISEStore.DED and DEMISECompanionStore.DED as well. for academic purposes ofcourse. thanx in advance

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I would like try a single-guild party.
What is the recommended and the best party composition?
(For example: thief, explorer, sorcerer, cleric)
Game can be exremely hard without multiclassing, even more than Wiz7 with single-class party.

On a side note, Ascension is almost the same level of scam as Beammutt's EEs - guy added some small fixes (though the original did not have any game breaking bugs afaik) and artificially expanded levels by adding copy-paste areas (as if the original dungeones weren't large enough), and charges like 30 bucks for that.

Revelation on the other hand has also dozens of bug fixes and it's entirely free.
This forum is great! I have this single guild idea, and I can read back it is the same bad idea again as one year before! I totally forgot it :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom