Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I believe Deep Caverns would be vastly improved if the Eye of Tchort debuff was present on every location and instead of tchortlings it spawned permanent locust Hives.

ciox

Liturgist
I just think they should just reverse that thing they added in a patch the past few years, it makes the debuff increase faster depending on difficulty, it's really not necessary and makes it more likely people will "protest" by playing on Normal despite being quite good at the game.

Ibbz

Augur
I believe Deep Caverns would be vastly improved if the Eye of Tchort debuff was present on every location and instead of tchortlings it spawned permanent locust Hives.
If they were also supported by crawlers, it'd be GOAT.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Problem with combat was exploring lower caves, killing like 30+ crawlers. And getting 1 oddity xp for all effort. Since there are few oddities in caves.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Problem with combat was exploring lower caves, killing like 30+ crawlers. And getting 1 oddity xp for all effort. Since there are few oddities in caves.
Speaking of which, is there a good reason to explore the Deep Caverns apart from the odd oddity? Something like world history insights or anything curious? Or is it like the "Deep Roads" in DA:O?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Speaking of which, is there a good reason to explore the Deep Caverns apart from the odd oddity? Something like world history insights or anything curious? Or is it like the "Deep Roads" in DA:O?

Not Deep caverns, but Lower caves.

Deep caverns is actually have good lore, many oddities, interesting design.

Lower caves is just caves with some mobs, nothing else apart from 2 locations of interest.

None

Scholar

DC has some of the most important lore packed into it. I'd highly recommend going through the entire zone, you'll get a much better sense of how Biocorp was ran and by extension how the Underrail operates (or operated).

But if you meant the Lower Caves there isn't much there except a few quest related locations, rathounds, and lots of ceiling dangling assholes. Probably the sparsest lore-wise of all the "levels" in this game.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Finally finished it. Pretty decent game, tons of content for indie price. Too bad a lot of it is filler. I like the all-connected mega dungeon approach and yet I felt compelled to explore all of it when I really didn't need to. It took forever to reach Core City due to exploring every part of lower underrail, all the caves, the lower caves, and lower-undercaves or whatever. I could have hopped onto the train and got on with the game but I felt like I would be missing stuff.

Somewhere around level 20 my build was pretty much invincible, then I put together my end-game gear around 23-25 and that was it, levels and loot all stopped mattering. Health, armor, and shield exceeded anything any enemy could inflict on me and I had more stacks of stims, bandages, and batteries than I could ever use. In the DC I was finding all these 150+ grade mats that I could theoretically use to bump up my performance but at that point it was pointless. Playing as a pure Psyker was fun as you have a lot of tools for every situation, but I still think the combat would be better if you could field a team.

I waited to do the Black Sea until right before DC, I was apparently over-leveled so everything there gave junk XP. The items were mostly useless except for a Spirit Staff that made me even more overpowered and one bonus feat to increase my PSI range. I was actually surprised at the depth and mechanics implemented for the jetskis, all that effort for what amounts to the car from Fallout 2. Imagine if there were 10 different cars for sale in that game, all costing more money than you can reasonably acquire in a normal playthrough, some of them with lasers and rocket launchers, and the only benefit is you can use them in random encounters? Sheesh. I think I got into "naval combat" twice in the whole game. Jetskis may have been better if they were integrated into the core areas, allowing you to navigate rivers between all settlements and find new areas.

Deep Caverns were fine, I actually enjoyed the challenge although I can see how it would suck if the Faceless were hostile and I had been bushwacked down there with poor supplies or if I wasn't a PSI nuker with effectively infinite ammo. Funny thing was I was planning to do the mutagen puzzle to weaken TChort but looking for all the canisters I stumbled into his chamber and just burned him down in a round. Lol.

For the story:

I liked the reveal that Tchort was just a Biocorp experiment made out of mutated people, and so were the Faceless. Made sense in hindsight. OTOH, all the stuff with Six and Tanner was pointlessly vague "telling you would ruin the suspense" JJ Abrams/Lost mystery box mumbo jumbo. I appreciate the spoiler hook but I don't see anything happening with the same character in Underrail 2 unless they de-level you, trying to balance from a 30+ level starting point would be insane.

Also, anyone know why the original title was Timelapse Vertigo? What the heck does that even mean?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm done with the Nexus. Boy, decripting was fun once you make the key, but I sure don't want to have to do this again.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Finally finished it. Pretty decent game, tons of content for indie price. Too bad a lot of it is filler. I like the all-connected mega dungeon approach and yet I felt compelled to explore all of it when I really didn't need to. It took forever to reach Core City due to exploring every part of lower underrail, all the caves, the lower caves, and lower-undercaves or whatever. I could have hopped onto the train and got on with the game but I felt like I would be missing stuff.

Somewhere around level 20 my build was pretty much invincible, then I put together my end-game gear around 23-25 and that was it, levels and loot all stopped mattering. Health, armor, and shield exceeded anything any enemy could inflict on me and I had more stacks of stims, bandages, and batteries than I could ever use. In the DC I was finding all these 150+ grade mats that I could theoretically use to bump up my performance but at that point it was pointless. Playing as a pure Psyker was fun as you have a lot of tools for every situation, but I still think the combat would be better if you could field a team.

I waited to do the Black Sea until right before DC, I was apparently over-leveled so everything there gave junk XP. The items were mostly useless except for a Spirit Staff that made me even more overpowered and one bonus feat to increase my PSI range. I was actually surprised at the depth and mechanics implemented for the jetskis, all that effort for what amounts to the car from Fallout 2. Imagine if there were 10 different cars for sale in that game, all costing more money than you can reasonably acquire in a normal playthrough, some of them with lasers and rocket launchers, and the only benefit is you can use them in random encounters? Sheesh. I think I got into "naval combat" twice in the whole game. Jetskis may have been better if they were integrated into the core areas, allowing you to navigate rivers between all settlements and find new areas.

Deep Caverns were fine, I actually enjoyed the challenge although I can see how it would suck if the Faceless were hostile and I had been bushwacked down there with poor supplies or if I wasn't a PSI nuker with effectively infinite ammo. Funny thing was I was planning to do the mutagen puzzle to weaken TChort but looking for all the canisters I stumbled into his chamber and just burned him down in a round. Lol.

For the story:

I liked the reveal that Tchort was just a Biocorp experiment made out of mutated people, and so were the Faceless. Made sense in hindsight. OTOH, all the stuff with Six and Tanner was pointlessly vague "telling you would ruin the suspense" JJ Abrams/Lost mystery box mumbo jumbo. I appreciate the spoiler hook but I don't see anything happening with the same character in Underrail 2 unless they de-level you, trying to balance from a 30+ level starting point would be insane.

Also, anyone know why the original title was Timelapse Vertigo? What the heck does that even mean?

1. You didnt play on Dominating difficulty. All other difficulties are too easy.
2. You did play with Classic exp system. Which also makes content too easy.
3. Game is called Timelapse vertigo because there is so much more that catches the eye. For example, the main character you control is the one who stole the Cube in first place. And then was moved to future. Also different visions you find at monoliths might not be past, it might be future. Many examples. Games enjoyes time-travel mechanics.

hello friend

Arcane
Oh no.

Tchort isn't very kind to my build. I've been fine until now, but I'd say it's actually impossible at this point. Wow, this is terrible.

Now I'm trying to learn how to use this here CheatEngine to see if my save can be salvaged, here at the very threshold of victory.

Fuck.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I turned lvl 20 yesterday and I think it's worth posting my build, not because I think it's great, but because I find I'm having just the perfect amount of challenge on Normal with it. It's really odd how I never passed that difficulty slope in Underrail which I seem to pass around the 1/3 of most rpgs.

Goromorg

Savant
Where was this?
This was implied by Ezra and Six after Deep Caverns, maybe not by exact same words, but IMO it's pretty clear.
Just look at the green text when main character speaks with Tanner at the first half of the game - if that's not NLP, than I'm a rathound.

hell bovine

Arcane
Oh no.

Tchort isn't very kind to my build. I've been fine until now, but I'd say it's actually impossible at this point. Wow, this is terrible.

Now I'm trying to learn how to use this here CheatEngine to see if my save can be salvaged, here at the very threshold of victory.

Fuck.
Just post what you have.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Oh no.

Fuck.

Mutagen puzzle helps. You can also use TNT charges to blow up the mutagen tanks before the fight if you have decent stealth. I just flipped on my shield, doped up with drugs, and tanked all the tentacle attacks.

3. Game is called Timelapse vertigo because there is so much more that catches the eye. For example, the main character you control is the one who stole the Cube in first place. And then was moved to future. Also different visions you find at monoliths might not be past, it might be future. Many examples. Games enjoyes time-travel mechanics.

That's pretty interesting, considering I biffed the Oculus quest I'm sure I missed some lore. Though if the PC stole the cube in the first place, surely the plan was to get it to Tanner not to hand it over to the Faceless. So why would he allow you to go through all of that only to end up giving the cube away?

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
That's just one possible interpretation of what happened. But if you've failed the Oculus questline, you missed out on some relevant pieces of information.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Oculus questline is so so easy to miss, especially if you answer one of the early quest-giver's game of 20 questions incorrectly, or finish one of several quests in a suboptimal way... like killing everyone at the prison and freeing the guy instead of sneaking in. I almost had to reverse engineer the save game file (after decompressing it, of course), but there were already instructions online on what to edit.

It's definitely a neat locale that you don't want to skip though.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh no.

Fuck.

Mutagen puzzle helps. You can also use TNT charges to blow up the mutagen tanks before the fight if you have decent stealth. I just flipped on my shield, doped up with drugs, and tanked all the tentacle attacks.

That's pretty interesting, considering I biffed the Oculus quest I'm sure I missed some lore. Though if the PC stole the cube in the first place, surely the plan was to get it to Tanner not to hand it over to the Faceless. So why would he allow you to go through all of that only to end up giving the cube away?

Cube is taken from you by Six.

sqeecoo

Arcane
So how would you guys build a psi character with the expansion? All four disciplines? Or dropping out one or more? In other words, is Temporal Manipulation a must-have now?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
So how would you guys build a psi character with the expansion? All four disciplines? Or dropping out one or more? In other words, is Temporal Manipulation a must-have now?

For Dominating is must have.

For other difficulties, just convinience.

Extra 20 ap and 30 mp is just too good.

hello friend

Arcane
Just post what you have.

str 4 (6 from ratking armour and power fist)
dex 4
agi 10
con 4
per 5 (3 from gas mask)
will 12
int 5

dodge 203 effective
evade 203 effective

0 armour penalty

Thought Control 226 effective
Psychokinesis 226 effective
Metathermics 226 effective

paranoia
blitz
evasive action
nimble
quick pockets
tranquility
force user
thermodynamicity
cryogenic induction
meditation
locus of control

got a med frequency shield emitter (485 capacity) 12/39/73/107/144
utility belt

299 health
125 psi
80 move
26 initiative

molotov
he mk3
frag mk3
caltrops (burrower, crawler)
adrenaline
morphine
flashbang
biocide nade (only 3 left)

health+psi hypos

root soda

I did the puzzle and TNT'ed the tanks already.

Parabalus

Arcane
Just post what you have.

str 4 (6 from ratking armour and power fist)
dex 4
agi 10
con 4
per 5 (3 from gas mask)
will 12
int 5

dodge 203 effective
evade 203 effective

0 armour penalty

Thought Control 226 effective
Psychokinesis 226 effective
Metathermics 226 effective

paranoia
blitz
evasive action
nimble
quick pockets
tranquility
force user
thermodynamicity
cryogenic induction
meditation
locus of control

got a med frequency shield emitter (485 capacity) 12/39/73/107/144
utility belt

299 health
125 psi
80 move
26 initiative

molotov
he mk3
frag mk3
caltrops (burrower, crawler)
adrenaline
morphine
flashbang
biocide nade (only 3 left)

health+psi hypos

root soda

I did the puzzle and TNT'ed the tanks already.

How much damage does your proxy-implosion-tk do? It should reliably one-shot Tchort without issues. Are you on DOM difficulty?

Fancy pants optimizing is 75 TC, 70 TM and 160 rest.

You can really do whatever with full PSI.

TM by itself is op on every char build.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom