Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

lobsterfrogman

Scholar
I must say that I am very butthurt that Twitch bourgeoisie gets to play the game earlier and working class has to wait.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
these people need to be tagged as shills, they're shameless

Christ, can you believe these people? They actually have the temerity to like a CRPG and post about it on a CRPG forum—the nerve! Obviously, Disco Elysium is the most pernicious communist conspiracy since the fluoridation of water. Codex must purge them. It’s the only way to preserve our precious bodily fluids and maintain purity of essence. Someone get Peter Sellers in here immediately.

I am not exaggerating when I say this is the worst thing the reds have done since they killed the poor Romanovs, a blameless family that died for our sins, right Jenkem? (Seriously, though, what the fuck is with this Romanov fixation? Practically everyone else the Bolsheviks killed is more deserving of sympathy than the goddamned royal family. If you’re an absolute monarch and you want your kids to live a nice, long life, all you have to do is refrain from making a series of increasingly catastrophic decisions that ultimately end in state failure. Even the Habsburgs, the most inbred of Europe’s royalty, managed to pull that off).

Seriously, though, the game is great. Maybe this is incomprehensible to some of you after years of broken Kickstarter dreams, but it’s true. If you loved the sound of the pitch, you will probably love Disco Elysium—truth in advertising, bitches. They were originally talking about a late 2016 release, then they spent three more years polishing and expanding the game. It paid off. You can see for yourselves in a week.

tl;dr Kingmaker was actually good, ATOM was actually good, Disco Elysium is fucking great. If you don’t believe me, you may be a pissf****t.

Prime Junta

I would also remind you that this wasn't a Kickstarter, nor anything funded by giant capitalist machines turning out safe anonymised paste.

In fact, their very first marketing move was to contact RPG Codex. And they were lucky enough to get me!

Prime Junta

BTW, I just went back to page 1 of this thread. It's a good read, really chronicles the evolution of the game since June, 2016.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I don't want to spoil myself, someone please watch the stream and tell me why it's going to be shit before I get any more hyped.

Efe

Erudite
watch just a little portion..
what i have seen so far looks like nutorment without combat.. very CYOAish

The Fish

Arcane
I just checked in on that Cohh Carnage stream and his reactions to the race theories cracked me up, this is already a top game in my view.

The non-linearity seems pretty impressive. He wandered into the harbor and talked to the union boss before ever reporting into the station, so when the boss brought up his missing gun he was unprepared and ended up having a fucking mental breakdown in the boss' office.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
83da882e0f71b7d976e2e89ebead592e.png

9f16e5391482aef0737fed46328d87f0.png

asterix

Educated
I love all the little idle animations of people tapping fingers on desks and twirling in chairs. Add so much character.

Also bonus points for giving the crime scene kids the chaviest, most annoying accents.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom