Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

cw8

Cipher
DM was one of my favourite instances... Probably because of the first time we saw the Ogre dance the Chris Farley dance.

Is Windfury Shaman fun in Vanilla PvP?

I'd play this, if I wouldn't be bored to death by leveling, who knows. Although TBH (this will sound faggy, so brace yourself) I couldn't play high level WoW without Transmogrification, especially considering how bizarre most gear looks like, and after all you do stare at the green dude in 3rd person for hundreds of hours.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
272h and I'm finally level 60! I don't regret even one hour, while playing WoD or Mists, I regretted every minute (well, except for Timeless Isle).

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Dude, you're begging for money in this thread.
Present continuous tense vs. past tense - Understanding Confusing English Grammar

These two tenses can be confusing for English learners. In this lesson, we will look at how these verb tenses are used and how they are the same and different...

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I think it's way too early. Retail mindset. Always need new content.

I haven't touched BfA for a year but they just confirmed fox furries as playable. :thinking:

I dunno, for EU, Dire Maul launched within one month of the game launch. If anything we're late on schedule.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Depends. Do you like playing the slots a lot? Because that's what it's like. You engage the enemy and pray that this is the fight where the stars align and you get your WF procs, because if they don't you're in for a rough time. Imo the appeal in WF is more in the WF totem itself that you use to buff your factions melees so that they can rip and tear through the enemy.

Sentinel

Arcane
For shaman PvP i only like elemental because of the guaranteed crit that you can "abuse" to crit twice in less than 1 second, which will instantly delete some classes and it's pretty funny seeing people getting caught off guard. Bad part is the guaranteed crit (Elemental Mastery) is on a 3m cd.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Edit: first month ended and the subs probably started to plummet because of a lack of real content so they are going to release the content earlier than they had hoped. At least that's my educated guess.
lmao you are so retarded

most clueless boomers arent anywhere near 60 and those that are 60 are autistic enough to not care about a lack of content because they are happy to repetition the same game over and over again

really stupid guess holy shit

cw8

Cipher

I fucking hated them in 1v1 in vanilla. At least with Warlocks, Rogues, or Shadow Priests, they actually had to work to kill you. Windfury Shamans just straight up owns you if they have decent gear. And by mid game vanilla, most had decent gear.They were pretty much the I-Win button.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Windfury Shaman is boring and bad. He has no attack abilities other than Stormstrike. You're playing a melee without shit like charge/intercept/sprint (all you have is Ghost Wolf form, which has a cast time for +40% movespeed, and Frost Shock, which has Diminishing Returns), and you rely on a 20% melee proc chance to carry you to victory. WF shamans are very easily kited and mostly RNG machines hoping to get lucky. Now, you can use Rocket Boots, Stopwatch, Swiftness Potions, and Free Action Potions to reduce your odds of getting kited, I guess. And if you play as a Tauren you get a bigger melee range (along with War Stomp to buy yourself a moment to cast shit while the enemy is stunned). But you will still be an autoattack idiot hoping to get lucky with WF procs.

This is something that would be worth considering if Rogues had Shiv. Not using dual Crippling Poison in general PVP or Crippling/Mind Numbing is going to come back to haunt the Rogue more than not and the theoretical DPS increase from Windfury is much better put to use in a practical situation like PVE than needing to rely on other people to keep some sort of consistent snare up.
IIRC Windfury Totem overrides MH only so you retain OH poison. You can also put double Icy Chill enchants on your weapons if you want more slow procs. Procrate ain't great but at least it's a useful proc. Crusader isn't that good for Rogues anyway.

Hardiness is great, when RNG puts it into your favor. If it doesn't happen though, then it simply doesn't happen. The problem with Hardiness is it comes down to chance. If you're me and doomed by God you'll see it proc when you didn't really need it to and see it take a vacation when it would've come in clutch. Compare that to something like Stoneform or Escape Artist which will always work no matter what. They're a direct counter to whatever effect they stop while Hardiness has a 25% chance to stop a 6 point Kidney Shot and a 75% chance to make you eat shit. Hardiness is cool though if you have a class like Warrior who can talent into resisting stuns even more so it can stack up but from a Rogue player standpoint I think it's good but impractical.
Rogues tend to throw out a lot of stuns, so Hardiness is more likely to do something against them. It's true that RNG is unreliable though.

Hard disagree. Human Rogue should only lose a 1v1 with another Rogue if Orc's Hardiness racial comes in hot or they duel a Dwarf (without factoring in consumables and purely innate racials/abilities). Perception is such a cunt racial and it'll become even better when it comes to BGs like AB/WSG which will make Humans extremely good at jacking bases or landing CC on defending Rogues in the EFR.
I'll disagree right back. Perception is worthless against Vanish and only works on regular Stealth before combat has started, and that is assuming that the Human knows a stealthed enemy Rogue is nearby, and it is in the inherent nature of Stealth that the target won't know you're there in order to activate Perception in the first place. Even if a Human is using Perception, if you use a Stealth enchant and +Stealth boots you can circle around the back and sneak up on him, especially if you burn Sprint. Alternatively you can just keep your distance and wait for the 20 seconds to run out, then initiate. It's good for duels and arenas, occasionally handy for battlegrounds, and pretty much trash for world PvP unless the Rogue loves dismounting in plain view before using Stealth to sneak up on someone.

Believe it or not, it does play a factor because it's increasing your player level by 1 when you're in stealth.
Play a factor, sure. Play a critical factor? Not really. You can get enough +stealth without being NElf. The main perk of Shadowmeld is skipping 5/5 MoD because with boots and enchant you have +15/+18 stealth anyway and now you use the 5 talent points on something else.

You should be alternating between trinkets in PVP, World or BGs, regardless. GMI could be a one hour cooldown, a 30 second immunity to Fear is ridiculous. It keeps you completely glued to a Priest or Warlock (after Death Coil) and given Vanilla's high burst nature, that is in many cases overkill.
Fear immunity doesn't work against Seduction or Death Coil though. A Warlock is not completely out of tricks just because you're fear immune. Similarly a Priest can still Mind Control you if the opportunity (aka Blackout proc or grenade) presents itself. For Horde Warlocks, Succubus is pretty much a must-have for world PvP, since it sets up combos that can kill people without giving them an adequate window to respond. Also if you're UD and there is a corpse nearby, Cannibalize is a second bandage.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Ji4ghVL.jpg

Did it bros.

RapineDel

Augur
I really like Classic, I've got a 60 prot Tank and I've played quite a lot on private servers but Blizzard do need a plan going forward if this is going to be anything more then a museum release that's going to be able to stand on it's own alongside retail.

The fundamentals of Classic are brilliant and are the main reason aside from Nostalgia that the game is doing well. Leveling feels meaningful, the classes are for the most part a lot of fun, all providing different value with support classes providing that point of different retail doesn't really have.

The issues however start there, the majority of the content is in the leveling and in a day and age where people can easily becomes experts of efficiency through guides etc. running those lower level dungeons loses some charm as the gear you get is only going to last you a few hours of play time.

Once you get to 60 things get a bit tricky as well. The majority of the rep grinds just aren't acceptable in today's MMOs and the rewards aren't good enough to keep people engaged so I don't really see many of them as a source of content.

Then there's gearing up for raids and your pre-raid BiS list. Now the idea of this is great, you have a set goal to achieve, there's a good mixture of ways to go about this between farming gold for BoE purples you need, farming some dungeons but it's here also that this can start to get de-motivating. While getting your characters to BiS is a cool feeling I'm sure, the available PvE content just doesn't warrant it. Whether you're BiS or not the bosses are very simple by modern standards so at that point you can start to question what the gear is for aside from looking "cool" when people inspect you in your main city.

Blizzard releasing Dire Maul early does tell me they may have a plan. The majority of complainers are people on Reddit who cry about having an hour to play a day and Blizzard are catering to the no-lifers. If you have an hour at best to play each day, I would not be playing this game. The time it takes to get a group together, run to the dungeon and complete even Scholomance is going to take a fair bit of time even if you're in a guild. When the reward is a piece of gear you can probably live with out that really doesn't help.

Classic endgame is basically going to be raid logging with a few minor pieces of content. For the game to survive it's going to need what retail has but in such a way that it stays true to its spirit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This is why TBC would've been much better imo, or even wotlk. Both expansions host a bunch of content that caters to different audiences and sizes of player groups. Of course, the mega casuals will still complain that they only have <1 hour to login, but you can kindly point them toward retail WoW which exists specifically for people like that. New players who don't raid or don't like to raid are going to be in for a rude awakening once they realize that the only non-raid content left to look forward to are BGs after Dire Maul is released.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Retail WoW may factually take less time but it feels like it takes way, way more time so I think that's a moot point.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Can't find a single group to do a full Mara run. Everyone wants just a princess run. Feels like playing on a private server already.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Leader should know how to lead the group. I don't remember Mara to do it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Just improvise. It can't be that hard. Tell people it's your first time... After they all zoned in. I've never tanked before and doing a new dungeon feels really fun. Most people are pretty helpful.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
"Just pretend there's no problem".

Typical classic-cuck escapism.

I unsubscribed from Blizzard by the way. This is my last month. Then I'll be waiting for an apology for the HK shit storm they caused.

Ninjerk

Arcane
The first run or two of Mara I could only get full runs. I got my Blackstone ring on the first try so I didn't have to do a lot of princess runs, thank god. Hopefully my luck will continue in the arena.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
From what I recall, the rest of Mara wasn't really worth doing. Especially for a leveling dungeon.

bloodlover

Arcane
Any good lock leveling guide out there? I found some variations on wowhead but they seem fishy and idk how I feel about Dark Pact and not using the skills on my pets.

Also, are voidwalkers really that shitty in classic?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also, are voidwalkers really that shitty in classic?

It depends on how you play, iirc. You can spend time funneling health into it and then draining life to get it back though, but they're fairly fragile. If you're not careful with giving it aggro, it'll get blown up before you can do anything about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom