Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shortest Trip to Earth - guide gay space commies to their well deserved death

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
ok. the sector 4 boss again. this time im gona try with this layout
NeaIIeq.png

and im dead again.. 200 ammunition is not nearly enough for this bastard.
WvKZqR5.png
Just 1 torpedo tube?
Only best nukes (and dupes) can get past big ship's PDs solo.

tindrli

Arcane
ok. the sector 4 boss again. this time im gona try with this layout
NeaIIeq.png

and im dead again.. 200 ammunition is not nearly enough for this bastard.
WvKZqR5.png
Just 1 torpedo tube?
Only best nukes (and dupes) can get past big ship's PDs solo.
if i had a 500 explosives or maybe 600 with this weapons i could destroy motherfucker. I never had luck with nukes because this one had a good PDs. The funny thing is that one nuke that i had was destroyed in fire

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
. I never had luck with nukes because this one had a good PDs.
That's why you shoot multiple nukes at once.
I actually messed this fight up, because I thought that fires would've been enough to take it out of fight and concentrated beams on small ships.
I took too much module and hull damage for me to recover on 5th sector

tindrli

Arcane
this game hates me
my fifth SOS
I thought the dev wanted to cull SOS spamming actually :D
but SOS ambush still works as long as you camp near a repair station and don't really need a particular resource.

well not for me. i can handle anything most of the time except god damn explosives. and that SOS that killed me was accidentally on repair station but with no luck. great game anyway

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
i hate to be whiner but game does fuck me up every time
y2Etop7.png

the-iconic-picard-facepalm.jpeg

and then in sector 2 i sold my cryostasis units replaced it with greenhouse and noticed that among the crew i have an SLOWEST EATING MONSTER that cant work on anything and on that base i couldn't drop any of crew and sector 2 the boss ship was DEFLECTOR GOD. i barely made it and ofcourse i lost warp drive AGAIN! love this game, fuckin loving it!
j6rrir1.png

Last edited:

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Does anyone actually use labs/shroomeries/etc.? For those of you that do: do you swap them with combat modules before every combat, or just say fuck it and keep them installed 24/7?

tindrli

Arcane
i do keep them installed all the time. maybe later is essential to replace them every time but i cant pass that sector 4 gay motherfucker. and more i try less i succeed. for example yesterday i played couple of runs and i couldn't even get to him. some nasty algorithms this game has

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone actually use labs/shroomeries/etc.? For those of you that do: do you swap them with combat modules before every combat, or just say fuck it and keep them installed 24/7?
Shroomeries are rather critical at "erasing" the organic cost of your crew (people assigned to them also don't consume organics). Labs not so much (as the people still consume organics, the assigned crew needs to have a higher science score to make it worthwile).
It is optimal to swap modules before combat, sadly. I sometimes do it, but usually don't bother(also, I don't always have anything useful to replace them with).
I suppose doing that for boss encounters only is a sane middle ground.

tindrli

Arcane
I GOT HIM!!!!!. GOD DAMN! HE IS GONE AND FORGOTEN.. the trick was. get everything you can and more. be super mega overpowered and with a little bit of luck hes history. i still remember how he took a nuke straight between the eyes
md1hWy9.png
I know im overreacting. but im in sector 6 now. feeling i cant explain. agitated worry and shit. having a blast and i cant even imagin how could i get this far with other ships, btw i just fucked up small squid ship. also im having a dilemma if i should change to all LAZOR weapons. for now my 3 lazors are great. and with my fusion reactor i still have 6 power +3 more if i turn off sensors and with 46 shield points
BIG cannon is great if scores a hit. witch to be honest is rare and my rail Gatling also get deflected much but at least it doesn't need a year to recharge. any suggestion about weapons. any particular weapon that i should be on look ?

ah, and one more thing. now im constantly changing engine and shield batteries/science station when exploring. its a pain in the ass but its very rewarding.
having 2 shields reactors means anything or its enough 1 and rest all batteries?

and how many drones do you bros have? sector 7 i have 18 of them and im heading toward "good drones" station. also i have 3,7K gold so im planing to buy more of them

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Good game. Reminds me of FTL's bigger, pot-smoking brother. Not quite as sleek and elegant as the masterly FTL design and UI but it's a genuinely meatier and more complex game (dare I say it feels a little harder too). How radically different some of the ships (such as the organic one) are too is nice.

The Star Trek-esque setting is nice too (though you can definitely be quite dickish and amoral in some of the events if you're desperate enough).

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Beat the game on my 4th run. My 3rd run ended when I

declined to sacrifice a crew member to the spiders.

This time I used the Fierce Sincerity with an evasion + explosive weapons loadout. Had to temporarily swap back to lasers during sector 9 due to lack of explosive ammo, but it was smooth sailing most of the way through. Once you get 100% evasion you've pretty much won the run. I did store my containers in the cargo module during fights to get more evasion and point defenses. Also the 8x cryosleep module saved me thousands of food units.

thesecret1

Arcane
After you beat 4 sector, everything seems easy (because it means you got yourself some serious firepower). The only challenging fight I encountered afterwards was the squid emperor, whose boarding bullshit reduced me to 4 crew (11 KIAs, holy fuck). Luckily, that was all he had and was easy pickings thereafter. After that, the final fight, I was pretty sure I'd lose with such a low crew but... the enemy crew sort of ignored fire. They just allowed half their components to get completely destroyed by fire, because they completely ignored it until it was too late. Ended up winning the game without really doing anything.

Anyway, overall, this game was a pleasant surprise. Bigger and, dare I say, perhaps even better FTL. There's something to be said about FTLs sleeker design and better use of some mechanics, but I feel this game makes up for it by scope and a lot more content. It also feels like it relies a bit less on RNG, although shit luck can still easily end your run.

tindrli

Arcane
update: Sector 8 & 9 and 10
I had a mutiny when arachnea wanted a sacrifice. never had that one before. sadly i picked up that option. before i just picked a fight. it was hard fight that left me without hull points
i lost 4 or 5 crewmates against that Squid lord shit.
Interesting he was on the first system that i visited after the initial system.
after he went down i visited all others systems to clean them up.
current situation is that every enemy ship gets destroyed in a 1.5 volley.
insecticidal vessel
w88pQWx.png

he went down quickly due to 2 fuelbased nukes.
he did managed to fire that beam once.
fuck i culd give a hand that on the end you need to fight with that Arachnea vessel but not this time
6pD0xMp.png
and i just cant imagine pass this again with some other battleship
it was definitely a very very lucky run. luckiest that i had ever. GREAT GAME. WORTH EVERY PENNY.
not that is important but in my opinion its better than FTL

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/812040/announcements/detail/3310634471611319807
Shortest Trip to Earth: The Supporters Pack DLC
The first DLC for Shortest Trip to Earth arrives on October 23
Hello to all fellow space rogues,

After the overwhelmingly positive welcome of Shortest Trip to Earth's launch last August, we are excited to share with you our plans for the first DLC of the game. Shortest Trip to Earth: The Supporters Pack will arrive on October 23.

The Supporters Pack adds a new playable ship - The Battle Tiger - with unique crew, drones, pets, perks, and nukes. In the new DLC a copy of the "Shortest Trip Sketchbook Scribbles" digital collection will be included, for those of you who want to take a glimpse into the process of developing The Shortest Trip to Earth!

76396da4996d8a18b87e385b99aa5c00c44372a0.png

header_292x136.jpg

Shortest Trip to Earth - Supporters Pack
Releasing on 23 October
The Supporters Pack DLC for Shortest Trip to Earth adds a new playable ship - The Battle Tiger - with unique crew, drones, pets, perks, modules, and nukes. The Supporters Pack also gives you a copy of the "Shortest Trip Sketchbook Scribbles" digital collection, the game's official soundtrack album featuring over an hour of original music and even more content in 2020 at no extra cost!
Add to your Wishlist

Included in the DLC:

• A new playable ship - The Battle Tiger

If you are familiar with the popular Tigerfish-series, you will probably recognize the Battle Tiger, a spaceship designed to transport VIP crew safely through hostile space.
  • Ten new crew/ drones/ pets

The Battle Tiger starts with VIP crew who sometimes bring along their exotic pets and drones. The ship always starts with a cat and a dog.
  • Five new nukes and five new modules

Turn your ship into a real tiger by adding custom nukes and modules that not only look cool but will also make your trip to Earth feel like a walk in the park.
  • "Shortest Trip Sketchbook Scribbles" PDF

Interested in getting to know how Shortest Trip to Earth came to be? Take a look into the development visualized as a collage of sketches and scribbles that span from 2010 to 2019.
  • Existing music as OST

Composed by four independent musicians, the 23 meditative tracks of Shortest Trip to Earth can be now added in your daily playlist. Keep the good vibes going!
  • Much more exciting content scheduled to be added in 2020!

As we continue to support the base game, the Supporters Pack will receive further expansion with new ships, weapons, modules, and more to follow next year.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/812040/announcements/detail/1645429678504128587
The Next Steps for Development (The "Micro-Roadmap")
Get a glimpse of what's next

Fellow space rogues,

Thank you for your continuous support! Below you'll find a summary of our development plans for the immediate future ("some of us enjoy calling it a micro-roadmap").
Keep in mind that in addition to the things mentioned here, there are literally hundreds of Shortest Trip things we want to work on.

The ones below are just those that we feel good about promising at this moment.

1. New easier & harder game modes
2. Material convertor modules update
3. Ship sensors update
4. Ship doors update
5. ... and we will release new plans as existing ones get completed :)

In addition, today we will be updating the game with several fixes. Read the changelog below to find out all the latest changes (including all updates active since the release of the DLC Shortest Trip to Earth: Supporters Pack)

3008b1bbf53947a38b356904bda5ea0c8f42f297.jpg

Updated features
  • The most resource consuming crew will now be chosen first to be sent to cryosleep (crew panel cryo + button).
  • Module slot craftable module button hover now shows all the info about craftable module
  • Added shield highlight when aiming with a weapon that can do shield damage
  • Damage per minute (DPM) stats added to data shown in ingame ship info panel
  • Added new game over texts
  • Updated Nuke targeting. Missing nukes now attempt damaging new target (closest enemy module)
  • Nukes now self destruct when they reach target position, but nothing is there and no other targets are around

Balance & related

• Numerous DIY and Decoy nukes now also cause light module damage on impact.
  • rebalanced some sos warplife encounters
  • replaced dangerous explosives smuggler in level 1, updated insectoid fast laser stats
  • Two ancient gatling guns now consume a bit more ammo
  • Spider bossfight now always happens from the front
  • Shops now sell more cheaper explosives
  • Material convertors that make explosives are now better
  • Made all cryosleep modules better at healing
  • Increased crew movement speed during accelerated time
  • Gave ship HP bonus to many containers
  • All playable ships now have at least 2 container-only slots
  • More modules will now give minor ship HP bonuses
  • Reduced evasion bonus for starting ships and some ECM modules
  • DIY dronebay repair price is now 15 instead of 20 synthethics
  • Made medbays a bit faster
  • Module crafting now takes more time
  • Greentail nukes now have more hitpoints
  • Reduced fire damage speed on mostly enemy ships
  • Slightly lowered playable ship HP's
  • Updated enemy boss ships
  • Rebalanced hostile ship nuke arsenal
  • Rebalanced sensors, bridges
  • Slightly increased accuracy of all enemy ships
  • Slightly reduced deflection of some enemy ships
  • Gave +1 point defence to 1 slaver ship
  • Changed 2 slots for Tigerfish, gave better starting point-defence turret
  • Removed fate bonus from some SOS events
  • Changed fleet of Sector 1 Style Guardians
  • Updated HP of squid ships
  • Red Ripper biotech war animal does not need extra time any more to wake up from cryosleep

Visuals

• Container modules that have initial rotation 90 or 270 degrees will now also rotate upright
  • Science drone perk image updated
  • removed outdated chat sounds from fleet encounter dialogues

Fixes
  • Overhauled navmeshes on all modules, fixing some possible "getting-stuck" or navblocker issues.
  • Optimizations on lev4 boss weapon animations
  • "Fixed crew panel glitches"
  • Fixed an issue that starmap clickable area didn't cover the edges in larger sectors.
  • Re-aligned module slot angles in bluestar ship for better navigation.
  • Fixed crew permanent leave for all shops and now this action has a special cursor
  • Three buttons for selecting player crew now fixed
  • fixed firebomber cannon text
  • Some tweaks to fueltank artifact graphics.
  • Fixed weapon-swap exploitability that allowed installing weapons modules into less valuable slots
  • Fixed rat gatling gun description
  • Fixed some typos
  • Launched player nuke UI is now shown green

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Wew, that "supporters DLC" had me kinda iffy. If they do keep doing meaningful work, hell, I might get it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom