Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
Noticing time of day & day count in the UI, is there a time limit in the game? Or is stuff tied to time of day etc?

Deleted Member 16721

Noticing time of day & day count in the UI, is there a time limit in the game? Or is stuff tied to time of day etc?

Things appear to change based on time of day. NPCs may funnel into the diner to eat at a certain time etc.. Not sure about a time limit but you only can do so much in the hours of the day.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
how would r1 be the supreme racial haplogroup, everyone and their mom has it, true supremecy looks like I1

Prime Junta

Things appear to change based on time of day. NPCs may funnel into the diner to eat at a certain time etc.. Not sure about a time limit but you only can do so much in the hours of the day.

Marat Sar just said in the latest devblog that you have four days until the district explodes in violence and 28 years until the end of the world. Dunno if that's just Marat Sar being Marat Sar, if there's something you can do to change that, or if those really are hard limits.

Quillon

Arcane
Marat Sar just said in the latest devblog that you have four days until the district explodes in violence and 28 years until the end of the world.

So why even play the game? Why even try? Give me sweet oblivion ancient reptilian brain, nothingtown to fuck-all-borough.

Terenty

Liturgist

Marat Sar just said in the latest devblog that you have four days until the district explodes in violence and 28 years until the end of the world. Dunno if that's just Marat Sar being Marat Sar, if there's something you can do to change that, or if those really are hard limits.

I skimmed his blogpost and it says the faith of the world depends on you. Is it tongue in cheek or its really another case of playing the chosen one?

Curratum

What is this? Why is the world ending? Why do you need to have this sort of thing in an otherwise very promising game?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What is this? Why is the world ending? Why do you need to have this sort of thing in an otherwise very promising game?

Who knows, you'll have to actually play the game.

The whole "world is dying" can be just a back-story thing. Or a hoax. Or then maybe your dumb unintended actions can influence the fate of the world. Who knows.

Daft thing to tell us that beforehand.

Curratum

Who knows, you'll have to actually play the game.

The whole "world is dying" can be just a back-story thing. Or then maybe your dumb unintended actions can influence the fate of the world. Who knows.

Daft thing to tell us that beforehand.

But they already did, didn't they?

KreNich

Novice
failing a check means you die basically from what i've seen

Is this true? is this gonna be like save scumming: the game?

Well at the start if you pick 1 Physice and not upgrade Endurance you basically have 1 HP. So any damaging event or check can oneshot you. You get a 5 sec timer to use a med and heal yourself or you die. Same with Psyche/Morale.

barghwata

Savant

If you give yourself 1 HP at character creation and refuse to give yourself another one, then presumably yes I guess?

So if i'm getting this right, as long as you have a decent amount of endurance, you can afford to fuck up several times? Also how do you heal yourself when you get damaged?

Prime Junta

So if i'm getting this right, as long as you have a decent amount of endurance, you can afford to fuck up several times? Also how do you heal yourself when you get damaged?

Yes, and you snort something of course.

KreNich

Novice

If you give yourself 1 HP at character creation and refuse to give yourself another one, then presumably yes I guess?

By pressing the button above your health bar. It shows your med count too.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This might have been answered before, so apologies, but at what time exactly does this game release on the 15th steam, GOG etc. ? I'm talking Central European Time (CET)?

I'm asking, 'cause I'm trying to talk my boss into letting me "work from home" on tuesday.. if you know what I mean ;)

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I actually think an end of the world storyline could only benefit this game, youre getting something completely unique

luinthoron

Learned
It’s up to you – and you alone – to save the whole world. To untie the great knot. To crack the case. To resolve reality. You are the last Revacholian hero. The Revacholian hero has nothing, but he must conquer everything. If he doesn’t care, no one does. All of it will slowly roll into the heavens under the advancing pale, or it will contract into a singular miracle only the Revacholian hero can deliver.
Wait... What happened to the Pale's advance and the end of the world being a simple and unchanging fact of the setting? Has Kurvitz decided to give this world more time after all?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So far the game seems to be doing OK in its mission to offend everybody. At last count:

- liberals, because it has "faggot" and race theory in it
- freeze peachers, because "faggot" -> "f****t"
- fash, because the race theory asserts the supremacy of haplogroup E1b1b rather than R1
- feminists, because "Inexplicable Feminist Agenda" is clearly problematic
- capitalists, because they're commies
- commies, because they're financed by a capitalist swine of the first order <--- yeah this fucking stung, although I shut up about it like a man, oh wait I'm grumbling about it now
* RPG fans, because no tactical combat
* Adventure game fans, because you can fail

Who's left?

Edit: Added RPG fans and adventure game fans, as per Jenkem's suggestion
Centrists

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom