Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Sentinel

Arcane
System requirements are lower than what I was expecting, but at the same time they're kind of not reliable at all. How does a NVIDIA GPU need 2GB more VRAM than an AMD one?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Game sizes are going to be awful next gen, with the PS5 having 100 GB discs. Devs will make files gigantic just because they can. :(

It isn't great right now,I am playing Pillars of Eternity 2 at the moment and it's 50gb.Sure,it's pretty but 50gb for an isometric game?Wtf?if I remember correctly the Witcher 3 along with all its dlc was like 35gb

Oh and RDR2 is a current gen game of course too so say hello to 200gb games I guess

Sentinel

Arcane
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...-PC-Now-Available-to-Pre-Purchase-via-the-Roc

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 FOR PC NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-PURCHASE VIA THE ROCKSTAR GAMES LAUNCHERFIRST SCREENSHOTS, NEW DETAILS AND SYSTEM SPECS REVEALED

Red Dead Redemption 2 arrives for PC on November 5th, and starting today, you can pre-purchase the game exclusively via the Rockstar Games Launcher. With a host of new additions and a range of technical, graphical and performance enhancements to make Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC the ultimate version of Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang’s open world epic. Here are the first stunning new PC screenshots and additional details.

c2d1cfe453b83469bc2a4b5b18515772a553c91c.png

c7d9bd9b7f721bbfeafcfa118bbf65d181140111.jpg

From now until October 22nd, you can pre-purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC exclusively via the Rockstar Games Launcher and receive special bonuses - including two free classic Rockstar Games PC titles from the following:

• Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
  • Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition
All pre-purchases made on the Rockstar Games Launcher also include free upgrades to the Premium Editions of Red Dead Redemption 2, with the Special Edition and Ultimate Edition both discounted by $20 each. Additional pre-purchase bonuses via the Rockstar Games Launcher include:

• Outlaw Survival Kit for Story Mode
  • War Horse for Story Mode
  • Le Trésor des Morts Treasure Map for Story Mode
  • Cash Bonus for Story Mode
  • 50 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online
For additional where to buy information including other digital retailers, click here.

ea69ee8523a6b55ab292a32d32427371b147f112.png

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC takes full advantage of the power of the PC to bring every corner of this massive, rich and detailed world to life from the windswept snowy peaks of the Grizzly Mountains to the dusty roads of Lemoyne; from the mud-spattered storefronts of Valentine to the cobbled streets of St Denis. New graphical and technical enhancements for deeper immersion include increased draw distances for better navigation; higher quality global illumination and ambient occlusion for improved day and night lighting; higher quality snow trails, improved reflections and deeper, higher resolution shadows at all distances; tessellated tree textures and improved grass and fur textures for added realism in every plant and animal.

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC also offers HDR support, the ability to run high-end display setups with 4K resolution and beyond, multi-monitor configurations, widescreen configurations, faster frame rates and more.

Click on each of the new high-resolution screenshots to see the world of Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC and see the game's official system specifications below, along with additional info.

In addition to the technical enhancements, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC brings additional updates to the world of RDR2 Story Mode, including:

3 New Bounty Hunter Missions:

• Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen – track him down in Blackwater.
  • Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
  • Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting his gang if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
2 New Gang Hideouts:

• Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang in new hideouts at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly.
2 New Treasure Maps:

• Search for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trailmaps for gold bars and other rewards.
New Mission “To The Ends of The Earth” – collect requested herbs for a range of rewards

New Weapons for Story Mode including:

• M1899 Pistol – all-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
  • Evans Repeater – high capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
  • High Roller Revolver – ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
  • Le Mat Revolver – powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)

New Horses for Story Mode including:

• Warped Brindle Arabian – a fast and agile mount
  • Few Spot Appaloosa – beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
  • Perlino Andalusian – a healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
  • Red Chestnut Arabian – a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
  • Plus 3 new wild horse variations – keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker

5 New Trinkets to collect with new effects:

• Hawk Talon – permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
  • Cat Eye – permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
  • Shark Tooth – permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
  • Turtle Shell – permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
  • Crow Beak – permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
93460f45f491a0c09c54afcb95034273daf66364.png

Red Dead Redemption 2 has been specifically developed to perform on a wide range of machines:

Minimum Specifications:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
  • HDD Space: 150GB
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Recommended Specifications:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
  • Memory: 12GB
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
  • HDD Space: 150GB
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for more on Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC including a new official 4K 60FPS trailer. And for more information on all versions of Red Dead Redemption 2, head over to the game’s official site at rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2.

sullynathan

Arcane
Game sizes are going to be awful next gen, with the PS5 having 100 GB discs. Devs will make files gigantic just because they can. :(

It isn't great right now,I am playing Pillars of Eternity 2 at the moment and it's 50gb.Sure,it's pretty but 50gb for an isometric game?Wtf?if I remember correctly the Witcher 3 along with all its dlc was like 35gb

Oh and RDR2 is a current gen game of course too so say hello to 200gb games I guess
Witcher 3 with all dlc is like 60+ gb iirc

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Witcher 3 with all dlc is like 60+ gb iirc

Well you had me go check gog galaxy to make sure,clicking install on the regular title along with the dlc says 36gb download and 39 gb install while clicking on the GOTY edition says 34gb download and 36 gb install

Gotta sell those gold bars to a whole new audience. RDR2 apparently didn't catch on with the multiplayer audience the way GTA5 had.

Part of the not-catching-on may be that after almost a year on the market, the servers still don't work for crap. On Xbox, first attempt to connect will just tell you it didn't work. Second attempt will probably work for a few minutes. Third attempt could keep you connected for minutes or hours. Lots of people have this problem.

It would be a fun online game if it worked. I got to level 50 in RDR1 online. (Please, hold your applause)

There is a cynical part of me that wonders whether I would get more reliable service if I spent a few bucks on gold bars. It would only be good business sense to prioritize customers who've demonstrated they'll pay.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, uhm... "Editions" and their differences available:

FbfJr3UX7OYfHfEOjUYZu69_dXVIu_rb7rO-YUrgSfs.png
Looks like preorders get Horse Armor for free :shredder:
Ah, they will start offering occasional "bonus if you join now" periods for online. "You better hold on to you money, cause you might need it some day"

I got a 2 TB Hard Drive and a 445 GB SSD and I thought that'd be enough for most games. But now games are coming out with hundreds of gigabytes in size and they only work well on SSDs. I've been doing more shuffling round than a Remainer trying to explain the EU Army but maybe I need to just bite the bullet and get a larger SSD.

Or maybe devs can learn to fucking compress their shit properly? An impossible task for the same company who likes to send thugs round to people's houses to intimidate modders but mayhaps Rockstar can deign us with this small blessing of FUCKING COMPRESSION!

Gerrard

Arcane
Nice blurry fucking textures for a 150GB game, I wonder how much uncompressed shit is in there.

Aight fuck it, I prepurchased the Ultimate Edition since I want to play RDO.

Considering how much I was obsessing over that game, watching Let's Plays, and nagging my bros to borrow me a PS4, I've decided to sacrifice a restaurant lunch for a peace of mind. After I did it I've clicked on some Rockstar RDO blog and noticed Ultimate Edition owners get some additional horses, so good call I guess.

Plus I've got Max Payne 3 and LA Noire for free so that's nice, I wanted to replay MP3 around 2 months ago like hell.

There is a cynical part of me that wonders whether I would get more reliable service if I spent a few bucks on gold bars. It would only be good business sense to prioritize customers who've demonstrated they'll pay.

I went ahead and tried this last night. I bought the $4.99 "special offer" (25 gold bars, normally a $9.99 value!) and was able to get into an online session on the first try.

It disconnected after 10 minutes, though.

ultimanecat

Arcane
I hope Steam version won't require any third party garbage.

I don’t think there has been a Rockstar game that hasn’t required third party garbage in at least a decade. If it wasn’t GFWL then it was a Rockstar Social Club account. GTA5 doesn’t even let you play offline for more than a few days at a time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom