Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Dexter

Arcane

Really good idea, old Emulators like ZSNES or Fusion for Sega Genesis afaik had this feature for a long time and you can play stuff like Turtles in Time, Bomberman, Battletoads, Mario Kart or similar in Multiplayer: https://www.ranker.com/list/best-two-player-games-for-snes/chris-abraham

This would extend Multiplayer CoOp to games like Guacamelee!, Cuphead, A Hat in Time and the likes that bothered to include CoOp, but didn't bother with Multiplayer integration. I wonder if it works with stuff like Rayman Origins/Legends that require Uplay to work.

Whether it'll be a success or not will depend on the implementation.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
does it work by streaming, or allowing the receiver to install game that can be accessed only if they have the invitation from the owner of the game?

Streaming, the host sends screen to friends and friends send inputs to the host like he explained. (The concept of guess access-ish thing is already exist and AFAIK require extra works from the developer.)

I guess this will work on non-Steam games too, since you can already put them on Remote Play.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"This will allow friends to play local co-op games together over the internet as though they were in the same room together."
Does not compute

Still, neat feature.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
12 years ago, divided by 4 equals 3, meaning the 4th game of the main franchise, does this mean half life 3 is coming soon?
1517511109932.jpg

schru

Arcane
I just wanted to have Episode Three. The fans who kept dreaming about a Half-Life 3 from the beginning didn't consider how it'd mean that Valve would have to come up with something entirely different that could stand on its own and have the makings of a hit title.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Half Life 3 confirmed" jokes were never funny.
But avatar 2 release date jokes were all the rage for a while for sure.

Bit off topic, but I have a funny screenshot from IMDB I took that relates to Avatar:

8NMT3PO.jpg

Took it in 2015 I think, and the reason was because I found the sequel shit hilarious, but now I wonder where all those plans went!

Also notice the Neil Blomkamp Alien project :)

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
you took a screenshot of IMDB?

What the fuck, bro?

Why not?

Stuff change there constantly and I wanted to keep a memento since I thought it was funny. Just checked her page now, and Avatar 2 and 3 is apparently being made, while 4 and 5 is in pre-production. If you are alive you will get to see Avatar 5 in 2027 :)

Modron

Arcane
I was making a joke about how a couple of posters got the codex up to the number 1 google search result for Avatar 2 release date a few years back.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Maybe Valve understands that certain things should be laid to rest. Chances are HL3 would turn out like Diablo 3.

Yeah, considering Valve's views and focus, I doubt another Half-Life from them would be something I'd like anyway. It would be an "online experience service" or whatever the fuck. Portal 2's their last singleplayer game, I'm sure.

If you ignore the episodes I think it ends fine, at least. Gordon's out there doing the G-Man's dirty work, but he started the revolution to end the Combine.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More adjustments to the new library: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/announcements/detail/2666619725237472429

Steam Client Beta - October 11, 2019

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Recent Games and Recent Friend Activity are now shelves.
  • Shelves can now be reorganized by drag and drop. Click and hold on the center of a shelf header to start reorganizing.
  • A ‘disable community content’ option has been added. Low bandwidth mode will still enable this option, but it can also be set separately.
  • Games that no longer run on MacOS 10.15 Catalina will show an incompatibility warning.
  • Added new UI for uninstalling a game or application
  • Fixed roaming of favorites and hidden collections between machines. Note: changes outside of beta will not affect the beta library.
  • Redesigned library with better support for smaller windows and restored, slimmer Home and Collections buttons
  • Fixed forward and back buttons on downloads page sometimes navigating twice instead of once
  • Reduced client hitching for users with large libraries when adding or removing games
  • Fixed cases where the ‘install’ button failed to offer installation on remote computers
Windows Only
  • Enabled drag and drop of games to browsers, for navigating to the game’s page on the Steam Store.
Remote Play
  • Remote Play Anywhere now runs over the Steam Datagram Relay network, which ensures that the best route over the Valve backbone is always used. Also, connections are rerouted dynamically to avoid maintenance disrupting the connection.
Steam Input
  • Added support for Power-A Fusion Xbox/Playstation 4/Switch Pro fight pads.

Edit: The beta has been updated to correct an issue with some free uninstalled applications appearing in users' libraries.

edit: cool, now there's an item in the drop-down menu that opens installed folder. No need to open a property window anymore.

Last edited:

Curratum

New beta patch has massive library view rendering issues. Everything renders in either after you mouseover it or wait a few seconds. :(

ciox

Liturgist
New beta patch has massive library view rendering issues. Everything renders in either after you mouseover it or wait a few seconds. :(
People love adding lazy-loading everywhere for some reason, nothing just loads right away, probably has something to do with everything being slower which can make a full render very slow.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's much more responsive if you turn off hardware acceleration for the web view in the options.
I get 2-3 seconds worth of input lag in the library view if I leave it on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom