Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So what's the endgame here...

hell bovine

Arcane
So what's the endgame here...
23 days after forum avatars have been removed Crooked Bee rescues DarkUnderlord from the bowels of the admin forum, re-uniting him with the rest of the Admin team - Infinitron, VentilatorOfDoom, and Whisky. Locating Crispy in an otherwise empty part of the forum, the Admin team plan to retake the avatars, but Crispy reveals he destroyed them to prevent their further use. Enraged, DarkUnderlord decapitates Crispy.

5 years later, Vault Dweller suddenly returns from Iron Tower Studios. In the Admin forum, he explains he has only experienced five hours absence. Theorizing that Iron Tower Studios could allow time travel, he asks DarkUnderlord to help them retrieve the avatars from the past to reverse Crispy's actions in the present. DU refuses, enjoying his outback Australian life, but relents after looking at an old picture of one of his avatars. DU and Infinitron, who has merged with hew Jew half, build a time machine. Infinitron notes changing the past does not affect their present; any changes instead create branched alternate realities. He and Whisky visit the a retirement home in Norway to recruit Saint_Proverbius, now overweight and drinking heavily, despondent over his failure with the Codex. In Tokyo, Crooked Bee recruits Scrooge, now a vigilante forum Administrator.

Scrooge and Crooked Bee travel back to the Codex circa 2002. There they recruit a team of original Codex Admins - Deathy, Spazmo, and Ausir. But Ibbz escapes to create his own forum. Realising the founding forum didn't have a good selection of avatars, DU and VD travel to the Codex circa 2012, where they both fight earlier versions of themselves. Meanwhile SP travels back to Terra-Arcanum circa 2001, taking Calis from the forum and retrieving the lost original avatar code, subtly called Code-X. A mistake made while trying to recruit Xerophyte and baby arm alerts ancient Crispy to the attempt, who then travels through time with a convenient plot device for a final showdown with the Codex Admin team, with Xerophyte ultimately sacrificing himself so that Calis and baby arm can return. Nobody really mourns him though because while he was there in all the films, he never did much. His own stand-alone forum will be coming out later in the year though.

Reassembled in the present, the Admins re-create the avatar gallery code and re-upload the avatars, which SP, the most resistant to php code, uses to reverse the avatars being removed. Meanwhile, Ancient Crispy uses the convenient plot device to transport his ancient self along with his computer store, to the present, where he attacks the Admin forum, planning to destroy and rebuild the Codex with himself as founded. A bunch of people die, there's a needlessly climatic battle and Crispy, having overpowered the rest of the admins, seizes the avatars, but VD steals the avatars back and uses them against Crispy, at the cost of his own life.

Following VD's funeral, SP appoints Crooked Bee as the new ruler of Norway and joins Deathy, Calis, and Ibbz to create another forum. Scrooge returns some old original avatars we no longer use to their original timelines and remains in the past to live with baby arm. In the present, an elderly baby arm passes his stash of drugs and mantle on to Whisky.
You haven't reached Kirkbride's level of drug-induced storytelling yet. No crazy religious prophecies and no kinky sex. I rate it :2/5: for the effort.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
They take away avatars. Everyone screams for joy at the communist overtones. The hive-mind begins to buzz.

Then they charge you all to get back something you had for free.

Hive-mind collapses. Communism is dead. Long live capitalism and President Trump. Whoever came up with this ingenious plan, I tip my well worn but invisible hat to you.

:excellent:

Fuck, I'm so sick of this sort of garbage. First couple times it was kind of amusing but now it's just tedious. Not even gonna ask why some users have their names visible and others don't because I'll just get spammed with "Equip the ring" ratings anyway. This used to be a really good forum once but everything comes to an end.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I didn't spend 30 minutes making Vagrant Story and Super Street Fighter II Turbo avatars just so they would be taken away from me. Just let users choose between having visible avatars at the expense of not being able to give or receive ratings other than Brofists.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Ahh...finally a reason to feel good about being a Patron.

:obviously:

:smug:

Disgusting anonymous proles call wallow in their forgettable anonymity.

You should stand with the citizenry, in case there's a revolution. It's easy to lose one's head in these troubled times

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
My No fist is gone. That's like taking my consent away, you can't rape me like this!

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PWOfeyN.png
GMP603n.png
zaryPJN.png
MguBLHz.png
GeMaC1v.png
Ipx1mhT.png

Would $5 get these Numenera Collector's edition portraits to be implemented?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom