Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I liked Dueling Swords on Valerie in my last run for... an extremely unethically acquired Bloodhound in early ch 2.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
by the way what weapon you give to valerie people?mace?warhammer?
Bastard sword. There are some good bastard swords in the game.
Longsword. Perfection is nice for tanking.
Actually early on you might use a kukuri instead - you get a Keen one early and you can trigger Outflank more. In fact you also get a Keen longsword (but it has a narrower crit range).

Or a Kinetic Blade...
Oh right, I forgot about that one. Don't you get that much later into the game? Besides Bastards Swords are more plentiful than Long Swords, if I remember right.

Yeah, Perfection is late game, a Masterpiece. As for which are more plentiful, that's not clear cut.... if we exclude the Large Bastard Swords, which aren't suitable for a tanking position, really.
If lucky, you can get Oppressor Bastard really early from artisan and that's great for Val. But no major upgrades follow. There's Ravenna's Kiss and Unstoppable Khanda. Guess the latter looks real badasss.. and is kinda great for Intimidation focus - but after Dazzling Display nerf, I rarely use Val for that.

Meanwhile Perfection is a great tank weapon, Redeemer (if you're lucky enough to get it) is great DPS. Early on the Keen longsword is also really nice for Outflank generating crits (although the keen kukuri is even better for that).
You get Cold Iron and Adamantine longsword versions early. And early in Pitax chapter there's a solid shock one (+4?), if you haven't been lucky enough to get any of the good artisan ones yet.

Yeah, I guess scimitars are nice for her also. Wide crit range is good. Bear God or Divine Intervention are quite decent.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Masterpieces are almost a given if you pay attention.

The rest... well... its risky :)

I once got 3 Divine Interventions in a row (4 total I think)... but no Redeemer :(

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, if you unlocked all Tiers of an Arisan (earliest doable after the Coronation in Act IV), after the next visit he starts rolling whether he'll make the Masterpiece - if you're not stubborn and don't force some specific item category on him. The initial chance is like 30%, but it grows by 30% each time he comes with an item. So while there is a slight chance you may run out of time before the game ends, generally the odds of getting Masterpieces from Artisans you have pampered are extremely good.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, if you unlocked all Tiers of an Arisan (earliest doable after the Coronation in Act IV), after the next visit he starts rolling whether he'll make the Masterpiece - if you're not stubborn and don't force some specific item category on him. The initial chance is like 30%, but it grows by 30% each time he comes with an item. So while there is a slight chance you may run out of time before the game ends, generally the odds of getting Masterpieces from Artisans you have pampered are extremely good.
>generally the odds of getting Masterpieces from Artisans you have pampered are extremely good.
I think I got most of them except for one in my last unfair playthrough. I don't remember who though....

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, it plays a role how early you fulfill their unlock conditions (kingdom stats, regional upgrades). You're almost guaranteed to get masterpieces from artisans whose regions and preferred stats you prioritize.

purpleblob

Savant
The most I got in a single playthrough was 4 out of 10 masterpiece :/ I think I took too long to get to rank 10 for all stats. Which region upgrades are required to get all 10?

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
Yeah, Perfection is late game, a Masterpiece. As for which are more plentiful, that's not clear cut.... if we exclude the Large Bastard Swords, which aren't suitable for a tanking position, really.
If lucky, you can get Oppressor Bastard really early from artisan and that's great for Val. But no major upgrades follow. There's Ravenna's Kiss and Unstoppable Khanda. Guess the latter looks real badasss.. and is kinda great for Intimidation focus - but after Dazzling Display nerf, I rarely use Val for that.

Meanwhile Perfection is a great tank weapon, Redeemer (if you're lucky enough to get it) is great DPS. Early on the Keen longsword is also really nice for Outflank generating crits (although the keen kukuri is even better for that).
You get Cold Iron and Adamantine longsword versions early. And early in Pitax chapter there's a solid shock one (+4?), if you haven't been lucky enough to get any of the good artisan ones yet.

Yeah, I guess scimitars are nice for her also. Wide crit range is good. Bear God or Divine Intervention are quite decent.

how was dazzling display nerfed?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
The most I got in a single playthrough was 4 out of 10 masterpiece :/ I think I took too long to get to rank 10 for all stats too late. Which region upgrades are required to get all 10?
None are "required". But an upgrade in a region where the artisan lives is an extra point/Tier unlock for that artisan. Makes getting stats to 8-ish less urgent/more likely to succeed that Masterpiece roll before the game ends.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

how was dazzling display nerfed?

Was changed to Full Round action. Particularly painful when playing with the Turn Based mod.
Fortunately there are still Bards with Dirge of Doom to the rescue!

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have already posted older version of this one but here are masterpiece requirements:

AHqUT0N.png

There is second smaller number for some requirements - it is used, when all other tiers prerequisites are met.

To summarize tiers are:

1) Become a King.
2) Do artisan quest
3) Upgrade artisan's region after p.1
4) Meet Kingdom Stat prerequisites in the table.

4*) If region is Upgraded (only optional tier), then second number in, for example 9 (5), is used.

After masterpiece unlocked, artisan gets a 30% chance to make it. Roll DOES NOT happen when player asks them to create item from category, you should say them "do what you want". There is bad luck protection on roll, so after 3-4 attempts it is guaranteed.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...iy/some_artisan_info_gained_from_data_mining/
Verified in several runs.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Didn't know about optional reduced Kingdom Rank requirements. Thank you!

Makes sense... I think I've had some Masterpieces before reaching required Stats, so just thought there's more "points" to earn then requirements (like the earlier info suggested Coronation is worth 2 Unlock points).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I think I've had nearly all last time.... but forgot to visit Varnhold and speak to Tirval before end game... :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom