Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

vota DC

Augur
I watched a video. I noticed that you can delay actions. For example for the vent at the beginning you need savoir fare but you get a malus from pants....well every time you can delay those checks and change/remove outfit to improve your chances!

Fluent I would be very ashamed in your place.

You had the demo for one week and you don't know how to use the dealing/morale restoring items!? How the fuck can you be so useless?

And you want people to trust your "expert" opinion. Fml. A crazy honeybadger is more informed than you.

Well the preview is only the first day, and in that day I barely lost morale or health. I'm just that good. :)

I'm wondering how he's managed to stay alive! Way to go, F!

Thanks! I did die accidentally on day 2. Heart attack. Had to pump a point into Endurance to have a whopping 2 health! This Psyche +1 drug is really tempting but I don't want to be left with a single point of health like I started the game with...
Seems that if someone dump physical to 1 should improve Endurance anyway. What happens if you put Endurance signature skill in this case? It doesn't make any sense lorewise (I am ninja/wololo/Sherlock but my signature Is Endurance) but mechanic wise It works?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Kasparov -- since you're around, tell me something. I'm one of the few people who's played Kentucky Route Zero on this forum and probably the only person to think it's a genuine work of art, a masterpiece. I am not exaggerating -- It is in fact my favorite video game ever. When I saw that Disco was inspired by KRZ, that meant far more to me than the PS: T name-drop, which anyone can manage.

So, in what ways is Disco Elysium inspired by it? You've played KRZ, and know about the specific things it alone does, and does very well. But I'm interested in what you drew from it, and then put into Disco.

Hellion

Arcane
>million words long
wtf?! is this a video game or a book?

What's great about this game is that, even though it's wordy, all text is dialogue (and extremely clever and well-written dialogue, at that), and it just flows effortlessly without being at all tiresome. You won't get any of Numenera's purple prose or over-descriptive walls of text.

Deleted Member 16721

This is a typical encounter in the game for me so far:

(ME) Unplugs the red wire to an electrical box.
(KIM) *Looks on sternly* Why did you do that?
(ME) I just do things for no reason.
(KIM) *sighs*

The humor is really fun in this game. :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Aren't you a petty little cunt toro :)? Still butthurt that i mocked your retardation in the greedfall thread?? LoL those french must have really fucked up your goats mate.

I spend money on my games, I don't cheat and I'm not retarded enough to shill for Greedfall. Am I the cunt? :)

I don't think toro actually plays games. He just shits on anything related to games because he is incapable of enjoying anything because of his miserable life. I don't even think he played GreedFall yet he was just posting negative shit about it constantly. And now he does the same on this game that he won't ever play

I just alt+tab-ed from csgo to reply to your post :)

Also learn to read. I'm interested enough in Disco Elysium that I will probably buy it.

The only thing I don't like about the game is that it's spoiled by cunts like Cohh, Prime Junta and Fluent.
WOah you are so stupid. I am curious,do you need help to wipe your ass or do you just don't wipe it? You spend money on games....lol who the fuck are you lying? The only one that believe that shit is you,tho i doubt that even you are that delusional. Your spending of money on games just means buying lootboxes in popamole garbage. Why the fuck are you pretending to play games at is a mystery to me. We all know that you won't play this game.

For greedfall....yeah,telling a retard that haven't even played the game to stop spamming his retardation is shilling lol. You hated the game only because it was made by some french cunt,you are such petty looser. You spend your time either playing retarded shooters or watching cretins on youtube/twitch and then come here whining how shit the game you just watched is. Go kill yourself retard. It is shame that retards that don't have any interest in RPG are allowed in here.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Kasparov -- since you're around, tell me something. I'm one of the few people who's played Kentucky Route Zero on this forum and probably the only person to think it's a genuine work of art, a masterpiece. I am not exaggerating -- It is in fact my favorite video game ever. When I saw that Disco was inspired by KRZ, that meant far more to me than the PS: T name-drop, which anyone can manage.

So, in what ways is Disco Elysium inspired by it? You've played KRZ, and know about the specific things it alone does, and does very well. But I'm interested in what you drew from it, and then put into Disco.
Oh, that's great to hear! Most Codex regs have shat on it... Rn I can really speak only for myself, but in a nutshell I would say the mood and ambience + the music (fuck me, KRZ has a great soundtrack) + the stylized art + all the meta. It is just the right amount of sad and weird and interesting.

frajaq

Erudite
Can I get some confirmation/denial that it's possible to fail the main quest/investigation hard? And get endings for it?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
piss cop

.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
WOah you are so stupid. I am curious,do you need help to wipe your ass or do you just don't wipe it? You spend money on games....lol who the fuck are you lying? The only one that believe that shit is you,tho i doubt that even you are that delusional. Your spending of money on games just means buying lootboxes in popamole garbage. Why the fuck are you pretending to play games at is a mystery to me. We all know that you won't play this game.

For greedfall....yeah,telling a retard that haven't even played the game to stop spamming his retardation is shilling lol. You hated the game only because it was made by some french cunt,you are such petty looser. You spend your time either playing retarded shooters or watching cretins on youtube/twitch and then come here whining how shit the game you just watched is. Go kill yourself retard. It is shame that retards that don't have any interest in RPG are allowed in here.

Now this is what I call a proper butthurt :)

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

a heated codex moment

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

a heated codex moment

only if retardation can produce heat

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Now this is what WE call a proper niglet :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

a heated codex moment

only if retardation can produce heat
If that was true,then you would be able to produce enough energy for the whole planet.

Infinitron can you please clear the last few pages of our shit tossing exercise?

Prime Junta

get a room you cunts

I also played KRZ. Wouldn't go as far as to say it's a masterpiece but definitely a work of art.

It's gotta be that because it sure isn't a game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

48881605211_c286ebf0d7_o.png
Please let me finish my match. You are just a sad blowhard.

Deleted Member 16721

Loading screens are unfortunately going to be talked about a lot with this game, I see it coming. I wish the devs had used some tricks for loading areas, such as when you go on the balcony of Whirling Rags it wouldn't load the whole scene which always takes the longest (transitioning from indoor to outdoor is the longest.) Still, it's the one downside of the game thus far. The rest is excellent. There is also a bit of backtracking which can kind of be a pain due to the loading screens as well, but it's not a major gripe. Still, the loading screens will be talked about, I know it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom