Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Terenty

Liturgist
Look at this and tell me you're "hyped".

Clearly the next milestone in the rpg genre

I like how he waiter for her to reload, before getting rekt. Mad persuasion skills

Last edited by a moderator:

just

Liturgist
enemy ai sure is complex

7pdasf.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I tried to find an oblivion video about the retarded AI and post it here as a joke. Turned out that the oblivion AI was better and wouldn't have been much of a joke,at least oblivion AI attacked you.

:shredder:

Danikas

Arcane

Terenty

Liturgist
I tried to find an oblivion video about the retarded AI and post it here as a joke. Turned out that the oblivion AI was better and wouldn't have been much of a joke,at least oblivion AI attacked you.

Well, its an old school rpg, the AI just follows suit
Turn based combat in first person, this game is breaking new ground :d1p:.

Indeed, its a new system where the player has much more turns than the enemy, truly revolutionary

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Well, its an old school rpg, the AI just follows suit
Turn based combat in first person, this game is breaking new ground :d1p:.

Indeed, its a new system where the player has much more turns than the enemy, truly revolutionary

Its obvious that they're using SMT press turn system.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The game looks like the vomit you see in the bathroom of clubs on a saturday night. Absolute garbage.
You need to criticize it constructively. Boyarski may read this place. I want him to know this: We love VTMB and Arcanum and will always cherish these games, they're classics. But SJW-fest will never become a classic, because it panders to momentary trends, and which are abhorred by sane people. He's making a thing that will barely be mentioned 2 years from now. Once he understands this, I'll have nothing more to say to him, it's his life he's wasting.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I don't really umderstand all this hate about the artstyle. It isn't amazing and certianly not original but its fine. The 2d art are really good imo , 3d not so much. Also iirc one of lead artists in this game worked back in Troika too.

Quillon

Arcane
What is so bad about the art style other than it being colorful?

Artstyle is shit cos its too colorful, combat sucks cos there is not enough recoil, writing sucks cos I'm from the future who played the game already, wanna try harder?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
And that happened because of Leonard. He made the entire writting staff watch Brazil (and other movies IIRC too) for this game. Dude brought some culture for Neo-Obsidian.
The movie itself was pretty bad, but scenografy and settings could be salvaged for some nice totalitarian-bureaucratic-absurd nightmare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom