Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X Dominus Galaxia - MoO 1 Spiritual Successor

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
We've broken the 20% barrier!

Thanks for your support Endemic. Site should be working if you still need to back :)

Endemic

Arcane
Okay, I played a few turns and here are some quick thoughts.

I assume the graphics and AI will be tweaked a fair bit, so I won't comment on them too much, other than that the scientist's animations are too stiff and unnatural. The actual art is nice though.

UI is mostly fine, I'm not 100% sure on the font choice because characters like 5 and S look too similar. You also can't exit the research screen after a new discovery without picking options for all topics, even if you were only researching 1 area before. A "create fleet" window or button would be nice for managing ships (there also isn't a fleet management option on the main screen). I do like the details that pop up when you hover the cursor over information windows.

Bumping into a strong pirate fleet early reminds me of Distant Worlds. I was expecting a space monster instead :P

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
Thanks Endemic

Yeah, the bigger issue I have with the font is simply that... I use it in too many places. 5 and s (as well as 0 and o) could use some massaging too. Anyone here good at font editing?

Kerberos just put in a pledge and mentioned the campaign on their forums. Which has me smiling from ear to ear, since SoTS is one of my favourite games ever.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I hate to be negative but it looks like it will fail unless somebody chips in thousands in the last days.Maybe the odds would be better if the asking amount was 10k?

There just isn't a game demographic left that actually wants games and not pretty "experiences".

If you are gonna go for early access you will need to either bribe most 4x/war gaming blogs or try one of the more obscure you tubers to shill for your game to be financially successful.
Chanel's like dastactic would be perfect.

Jeff Graw

StarChart Interactive
Developer
Coming up on the final 36 hours, and it looks like it's going to come down to the wire.

GetDaved (who is a big MoO 1 fan) did a great LP stream yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brfeKB8BgXo

You should really have a link to the KS in your signature

Tried embedding the KickTraq one, but it looks like it's too large to render. If you have an alternative though, I'm all ears :)

Blake00

Learned
Funding goal reached!

lol Jeff is this like the 6th or 7th community we've run into each other at.. we like too much of the same stuff haha!

Been meaning to ask you how are things going with Dominus Galaxia a year on after the crowdfund success? May as well do it here so the others here can get some news too lol! :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom