Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Marvel's Avengers by Crystal Dynamics with Eidos Montreal

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have western devs ever played a good action game in their life?
This shit just reminds me of the Arkham games and the new Spiderman game. I mean they even copy the same type of enemies. Plus the level is just so on-rails it's disgusting.
Also, how about some colour no?

What's a good action game for you?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What's a good action game for you?

Games with good action gameplay. Like these:

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
but I couldn't get the control of Severance so I dropped pretty quickly

If you mean the combos, it's pretty easy once you figure it out.
For example:

knight2.jpg

The sword means the atack button, the arrows are obiously the AWSD keys, and the arrow with that "divided" tail in left/rigth dogde attack means your dodge button. Lastly the + icon means a pause, or rather for you wait until the previous action animation is nearly finished, before the next input.
So for the rigth dodge attack you click the dogde button and the D key at the same time, and a very short while after that input (while the rigth dodge animation wasn't yet ended) you click the attack button.

Unless if by controls you meant something else, maybe the fact it operates on tank controls?

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Whaddaya wanna bet this is an excuse for 60 hours of cutscenes?
It is also an excuse to sell costumes as DLC. Which will lead to articles about how male characters have more options and that is sexist. But really it is because most of the female ones are too sexy to be approved by the feminist censors.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
but I couldn't get the control of Severance so I dropped pretty quickly

If you mean the combos, it's pretty easy once you figure it out.
For example:

knight2.jpg

The sword means the atack button, the arrows are obiously the AWSD keys, and the arrow with that "divided" tail in left/rigth dogde attack means your dodge button. Lastly the + icon means a pause, or rather for you wait until the previous action animation is nearly finished, before the next input.
So for the rigth dodge attack you click the dogde button and the D key at the same time, and a very short while after that input (while the rigth dodge animation wasn't yet ended) you click the attack button.

Unless if by controls you meant something else, maybe the fact it operates on tank controls?

Yes the tank control and not being able to look around with the mouse. I didn't even reach the point where combos would have been relevant.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Tank controls are not bad, you get used to them pretty quick. Now not being able to look with the mouse is bullshit, because he game does have mouse look (hell you can even play in 1st person). I think you have tried to play it with a weird configuration setting.

baud

Arcane
Patron
Tank controls are not bad, you get used to them pretty quick. Now not being able to look with the mouse is bullshit, because he game does have mouse look (hell you can even play in 1st person). I think you have tried to play it with a weird configuration setting.

Perhaps, I don't exactly remember well how I configured it.

J1M

Arcane
"She's a real gamer girl nerd fan! BUY THE GAME"

I'm a capeshit fanboy and I just want a good open world Marvel game. The only game coming close to what I want is the Lego Marvel games. Open world, multiple characters, multiple skins for the characters, different means of traversal per character. Great. But it's Lego and intended for children. Take all that, give it a cell shaded comic book artstyle similar to the Ultimate Spider-Man game, and add the nemesis system from Mordor. Make it for that nebulous teen to young adult audience. Hell get WB to develop and publish it like they do with the Lego games if the Nemesis System is somehow locked up legally. If I, a dumb arse boomer with only two years dev experience can figure this out, why can't Marvel?

Oh wait, sorry. Forgot we're dealing with the House of Bad Ideas.

MAKE MY FUCKING GAME, MARVEL!

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This is one of those games where the clips look kinda good in terms of graphics and meaty-looking action, but you just know the game's likely to be absolute dross.

This is a funny video of two guys absolutely confused on who Ms. Marvel is, but were insured by the developer that she's very "popular." This is maybe the first era of comic book characters were people need to be informed "popular" characters are "popular."

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This is maybe the first era of comic book characters were people need to be informed "popular" characters are "popular."

She is very recent (2013), and is popular because Marvel comics are now SJW shit and they keep printing this character fucking everywhere just because she their first Muslim superhero to have her own comic.

:dead:

Amazing how the devs priority is to give us a diverse cast of charecters but only for the sake of "diversity" and not you know... diversity of gameplay.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Honestly a Muslim role-model chick who doesn't wear a hijab is incline. So sick and tired of Western liberals trying to make the hijab heroic instead of the symbol of oppression it is.

This is maybe the first era of comic book characters were people need to be informed "popular" characters are "popular."

She is very recent (2013), and is popular because Marvel comics are now SJW shit and they keep printing this character fucking everywhere just because she their first Muslim superhero to have her own comic.

:dead:

Amazing how the devs priority is to give us a diverse cast of charecters but only for the sake of "diversity" and not you know... diversity of gameplay.

Well, she isn't really popular. Despite Marvel continuously saying she's popular, and trying to make her a thing since she came out, Ms. Marvel is one of their worst selling comics. She only seems to be popular with people on Twitter that don't read the comic.

Adon

Arcane
If it wasn't for how much Marvel wants to push her at the forefront, I would've completely forgotten about the character and she would've just been a D-List superhero who would occasionally pop up in some event until eventually she gets killed so they can show how serious and status-quo challenging this event is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom