Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Terenty

Liturgist
Why do you keep deflecting my original question? I asked if the game had decent interactivity and you go off in a butthurt tantrum. Nigga, it's a simple question.

I already told you, interactions with environments are through dialogue window

But if you were born into a bourgeois social origin, you're still out of luck, sorry. You'll never be a true member of a proletariat, and even if became a wageslave, you'll only become a "служащий", not a "пролетарий". If your job isn't manual labour, of course. And being a "служащий" also won't entitle you to anything, much less free shit. Most you can try is to become is a "пролетарий умственного труда", but it's a hard and perilous road.
this triggered me to the point that if i had gd access I would have made an entire thread in response
kRRhzat.jpg

Blame not me, but not being born a member of working class in USSR, comrade. =(
Seriously though, in USSR there were even free SRS (since mid-70s). Well, either that, or if you were less (or more, depends on view) lucky with your shrink, you'd get institutionalized and treated with antipsychotics and therapy.

Deleted Member 16721

can one of you preview fucks be actually useful and tell us if there is a profanity/streamer filter in the game or if dave chappelle is right?

There's no profanity filter. The word faggot is the only word censored. But they do you call you other things, like Fagari, Fagutki, whatever. And some people get really mean and say even worse things than faggot.

Why do you keep deflecting my original question? I asked if the game had decent interactivity and you go off in a butthurt tantrum. Nigga, it's a simple question.

Yes, it's very reactive, with a high level of interactivity. You can even gain inventory items, for example, and interact them, which often brings up branching possibilities to play and tinker with the items. The game characters react to what you say in a crazy amount of ways, you might piss them or bolster them by saying something that plays in your later skill check chances. There are also passive skill checks that give you info and sometimes advice that you can use in the convo, which you can also fail. Also, there are your regular skilll checks during dialogue, involving inventory items and what not. The game has even more reactivity than Planescape: Torment, but overall it's very similar to that game.

Deleted Member 16721

For an example of the level of swearing that goes on in the game, at one point
I was performing an autopsy, and 2 nasty children were shouting things like, "oh yeah, he's gonna suck him off Cuno! Look, he's gonna suck his cock, the fagari!!
and shit like that. Some of the personalities in the game don't hoid back.

tripedal

Augur
Something I noticed watching people go through character creation on twitch: almost nobody notices the existence of the "info" tab on the skill page, which is a shame because the descriptions are great.

I don't know why you guys keep answering this question in the most roundabout confusing way possible. Its simple: yes, there is a slur (not profanity) filter that will be optional upon release but is forced on in the preview version to prevent Twitch streamers from getting banned streaming the game.

That's it. No need to keep repeating "yes but its because the AMERICAN TOLERANTI MADE THEM DO IT, CLASS REDUCTIONISM BTW" or "yes but THE GAME IS PLENTY EDGY ENOUGH I PROMISE OKAY." You guys are forgetting to answer the essence of the question (is the censorship optional?) while simultaneously tilting at windmills, which is not only misleading but is liable to enrage the sensitive r*ghtoid.

I know this has been answered like 30 pages ago but holy moly guys shill better ok

Deleted Member 16721

I don't know why you guys keep answering this question in the most roundabout confusing way possible. Its simple: yes, there is a slur (not profanity) filter that will be optional upon release but is forced on in the preview version to prevent Twitch streamers from getting banned streaming the game.

That's it. No need to keep repeating "yes but its because the AMERICAN TOLERANTI MADE THEM DO IT, CLASS REDUCTIONISM BTW" or "yes but THE GAME IS PLENTY EDGY ENOUGH I PROMISE OKAY." You guys are forgetting to answer the essence of the question (is the censorship optional?) while simultaneously tilting at windmills, which is not only misleading but is liable to enrage the sensitive r*ghtoid.

I know this has been answered like 30 pages ago but holy moly guys shill better ok

Huh? I have the full version and there is no profanity filter option.

*Exasperated sigh*

The preview version has the censorship toggled on by default.

This is done due to popular streaming platform TOS. Racial slurs and homophobic words are instant cause for a ban there. It doesn't matter if the streamer says the word out loud themselves, if the word comes from the game voice-over or a song (or even in some cases, if the streamer's chat starts using the word).

In case of 'Disco Elysium' the word 'faggot' is fully voiced several times, which would lead into unfortunate termination of any streamer who happens to stream the game.

In the release version, this censorship can be toggled on from the settings, and by default the game ships with no censorship.

please stop ok

Uhm, wait, I might be actually retarded.

Here, a free PR statement by Haba Knyllarman consulting services.

The preview version has the censorship toggled on by default.

This is done due to popular streaming platform TOS. Racial slurs and homophobic words are instant cause for a ban there. It doesn't matter if the streamer says the word out loud themselves, if the word comes from the game voice-over or a song (or even in some cases, if the streamer's chat starts using the word).

In case of 'Disco Elysium' the word 'faggot' is fully voiced several times, which would lead into unfortunate termination of any streamer who happens to stream the game.

In the release version, this censorship can be toggled on from the settings, and by default the game ships with no censorship.

I'm waiting form my free copy with complementary blowjob, ZA/UM.

Bolded for emphasis.

Yes, I am actually retarded. Don't mind me. Please carry on

Deleted Member 16721

Okay, so in the version I have, it's no longer censored because it's the full version. But you don't get the option to turn it back on. Am I correct?

Edit - I'm not seeing a toggle for censorship in the settings, bro...

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Okay, so in the version I have, it's no longer censored because it's the full version. But you don't get the option to turn it back on. Am I correct?

Edit - I'm not seeing a toggle for censorship in the settings, bro...

i'm sorry fluent i made a terrible mistake

just kill me

i want to die

It is O.K., my check from ZA/UM bounced. So disappointed.

Jinn

Arcane
Kasparov

Do you know what time of day on the 15th will the game be releasing on Steam?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer on the steam forums. 10am PDT. Was hoping it was going to be one of those special releases that comes out a little early. The wait shall continue...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom