Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Ah, our very great friend from Rome.

I just clicked that to find this:
Hey! Tacoma's really fucking good. To hell with it for $20, but for $8 it's an enjoyable short walking sim.

And speaking of the sale, I'm apparently slightly more than half gay according to Steam!
i2IBUPW.jpg

:dance:

passerby

Arcane
Sale itself is alive, but its banner was removed from the frontpage.

Maybe games forum and reviews were mass trolled by shitlords ?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Check out here: https://steamstat.us/

Looks like it's alive.
I mean the WTFBBQ Sale, it doesn't seem to appear in the front page anymore.

Ah okay. Yeah, it seems to gone from the front page. It's not there even if you access it as various western countries.

Oh right, I think its front page placement is replaced by new daily deals, no other reasons. Front page placement for daily deals runs 24 hours regardless of the actual duration of discounts. (And it's not unusual that this kind of themed daily deals go longer than usual 48 hours.)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Anyone played this?

Played a preview build on Gamescom a couple of years ago. Was very meh.

You only control one character at a time in combat. The other is AI-controlled, NWN-style. You can always switch to that character, but then the one you just switched from will be AI controlled. Which means your characters will constantly use their cooldown-based abilities even when you want them to save them up, and when you see an opportunity to hit an enemy with all your best abilities simultaneously... yep, you can't because the AI used them a couple of seconds ago and they haven't recharged yet. I don't think there was any way of preventing the AI from doing whatever it wants, so it's kinda like playing NWN with companions. Not a very fun way to design combat.

The story is completely linear, JRPG style. No open exploration, no sidequests, just following a linear path with no straying from it.

A resounding "meh" from me. I guess it's nice if you like linear JRPGs and if you can stand bad RTwP combat where your companions are AI-controlled retards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom