Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

In penance, I have fetched some footage of a combat scenario. Extremely spoilerific, though, although its an event that we have partly seen in the previews. Animations and audio/music integration look/sound fantastic though, and the promised choices/reactivity seem to be there.

Kasparov Actually, serious question - one that I understand if you cannot or are not at liberty to answer - but why didn't you guys have an NDA on mid to late game footage out or some sort of embargo? The excellent old guy twitch streamer you recommended has what, 20+ hours of the game recorded already - seems like it could be a concern with a narrative-heavy game like this. I personally don't care, because spoilers rarely detract from my experience. Just curious about the reasoning behind the decision here.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Kasparov Actually, serious question - one that I understand if you cannot or are not at liberty to answer - but why didn't you guys have an NDA on mid to late game footage out or some sort of embargo? The excellent old guy twitch streamer you recommended has what, 20+ hours of the game recorded already - seems like it could be a concern with a narrative-heavy game like this. I personally don't care, because spoilers rarely detract from my experience. Just curious about the reasoning behind the decision here.
I stand by my previous post. Seriously.

Meepo

Educated
Meet new exclusive skill, inspired by this thread.
0a4a6a0b511f2d6cc48c9c021aa30c97-full.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
But in truth?

In truth he want you to not bother that girl, not spamming her mailbox, twitter etc.
He want that treasure fro himself. That's it.

I don’t know.

Ehhh... Get well dude! So you could celebrate release with team!
(and not to have fun with bunch of dry fly agaric on Codex lol)

In my country racists and ethnocentrists rule the system. My poor poor immersion.

Then you live in good country.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
For fuck's sake, will it really cost $40? I mean, I can afford it, but isn't it marketing suicide?

Also it is not clear will it be working on my 1 GB video, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7.

Tigranes

Arcane
Why? It's a beautiful looking full-feature big CRPG.

You think people on Steam look up whether the developer has released other titles before?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

The problem is ZAUM is pretty much unknown for most people and 40 bucks is AA level game price these days. Not to mention the Adventure/RPG genre DE is taking which on itself is already a niche.

Tigranes

Arcane

The problem is ZAUM is pretty much unknown for most people and 40 bucks is AA level game price these days. Not to mention the Adventure/RPG genre DE is taking which on itself is already a niche.

Would we argue that anyone who is not Bioware or Blizzard should be charging $20 max? I don't think so. Again, the vast majority of Steam customers come through screenshots, Youtubers, etc., and they will not even check how many games the developer has made.

The genre point is valid, though.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Will this game have timers?

You’re a detective trying to solve a murder investigation. Time is of the essence. If you take too long to recover a crucial piece of evidence, someone else might get to it first.

For fuck's sake, will it really cost $40? I mean, I can afford it, but isn't it marketing suicide?

Also it is not clear will it be working on my 1 GB video, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7.

I’ve tested it on a low-end Microsoft Surface Pro 6. It ran okay, although it takes longer to load than on my real computer. I think you’re fine with those specs as long as you’re using 64-bit Windows 7.

Here are the minimum hardware requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-2115C 2.0 GHz or AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-Core 2.2 GHz
  • RAM: 4 GB System Memory
  • GPU RAM: 512MB Video Memory
  • GPU: GeForce GT 520 or Radeon HD 7450
  • DX: DirectX 11
  • HDD: 4 GB Available Hard Drive Space

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom