Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
... The other has slaves. The third spooky trees, I presume. Have I told you the second kingdom has slaves?....

How many games give you the option to join the side that owns slaves? That'd be like a civil war game where you play as the confederacy! It's the game Cleve Blakemore was waiting for!
Ahhh that was pretty annoying really,both sides were retarded but there was no middle way. In the end i did go with the slaves because their leader was some buffed dude,while the merchants had some stupid cunt as their leader. I had no problem with the debt slavery system,but clearly the jews were at fault for beginning to scam the system and enslave kids and grand kids. To be honest non of the choices made any sense to me,they all should have had a diplomatic way to fix their shit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1058130/announcements/detail/1588006791130388555

Queen's Wish v1.0.2 Update Released!

Our new fantasy epic, Queen's Wish: The Conqueror, has been out several weeks, and the response has been fantastic! Sales and reviews have been great, and we are already starting to plan Queen's Wish 2. We are so grateful to be able to keep writing this trilogy!

We have updated Queen's Wish: The Conqueror to v1.0.2. It's a major update that includes a host of bug fixes, balance changes, and better performance. Thank you again for all your support!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1058130/discussions/0/2564160288804562021/

Queen's Wish v1.0.2 Released

We've just pushed the v1.0.2 update to Steam. We fixed a bunch of bugs and added a bunch of little improvements. Here is the release history:

v1.0.2 -

* Your window settings will now be remembered correctly.
* Silence has a longer duration.
* Silence now affects enemies correctly.
* Lifedrain now works correctly.
* You can now turn the scroll in to King Borgen correctly.
* The haste bonus from daggers is now merely good and not overwhelming.
* Bosses are now slightly less affected by slow.
* Thabhlen Pass will no longer repopulate itself after it is all blowed up.
* You can now always find evidence of where Castus went.
* The standard assortment of minor tweaks, typo fixes, etc.

v1.0.1 =

* Changes in graphics engine to improve stability.
* Teleport now costs a full 6 action points.
* (Windows) Now can switch screen resolutions on startup.
* The game buttons have been shifted inward to not interfere with screen shifting.
* Tower of Might now correctly helps with magical evasion.
* The world map will now show what workshops have been built in your forts.
* An assortment of minor tweaks, typo fixes, etc.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback and for your patience. I'll still be watching the forums closely for more issues.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Can someone tell me what 'curses' actually are? I have no idea what my bonus to curses is doing. If I'm poisoning people by magic, does that count?

Also, does the bonus to healing count only if that char is the giver, or also if it's the recipient?

I'm mildly interested in the Vol region. Some nice details which make you think. This might end up to be a memorable game after all. You can see that someone interested in history wrote it.

However, it seems that when you're buying buildings you cannot display your total upkeep, which is a shitty design decision. Or have I overlooked something?

GandGolf

Augur
Can someone tell me what 'curses' actually are? I have no idea what my bonus to curses is doing. If I'm poisoning people by magic, does that count?

Also, does the bonus to healing count only if that char is the giver, or also if it's the recipient?

I'm mildly interested in the Vol region. Some nice details which make you think. This might end up to be a memorable game after all. You can see that someone interested in history wrote it.

However, it seems that when you're buying buildings you cannot display your total upkeep, which is a shitty design decision. Or have I overlooked something?

From what I remember when you go to place a building it tells you your total income and upkeep.

Rafidur

Learned
Can someone tell me what 'curses' actually are? I have no idea what my bonus to curses is doing. If I'm poisoning people by magic, does that count??

If it is like his other games this means debuffs like "-X% damage" or "-Y% chance to hit".

talan

Augur
... The other has slaves. The third spooky trees, I presume. Have I told you the second kingdom has slaves?....

How many games give you the option to join the side that owns slaves? That'd be like a civil war game where you play as the confederacy! It's the game Cleve Blakemore was waiting for!
Ahhh that was pretty annoying really,both sides were retarded but there was no middle way. In the end i did go with the slaves because their leader was some buffed dude,while the merchants had some stupid cunt as their leader. I had no problem with the debt slavery system,but clearly the jews were at fault for beginning to scam the system and enslave kids and grand kids. To be honest non of the choices made any sense to me,they all should have had a diplomatic way to fix their shit.
You can stop the Owen kids and grand kids part if you side with the Mascha.
But I didn't really see that have any effect on the Vol slides at the end, maybe it'll come up in the next game (hah).

Farewell into the night

Is game good?

edit- my post was moved from the other thread to this one.
Thank you. Now I can check feedback about this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is game good?

meh.png

Aemar

Arcane

Recommended

73.8 hrs on record (36.4 hrs at review time)

POSTED: 3 FEBRUARY

Another great entry from the industry's most consistent developer... The revised approach to dungeon mechanics have been the needed change a lot of us fans have wanted from the developer there is a greater sense of tension on the normal difficulty, without feeling cheap, so good balancing. The fort management system make this entry feels fresher than anything they've produced in at least half a decade at least, there is now much more tangible sense of how the characters affect the world in this entry.

Graphics and sound have made a good leap forwards since their last entry, lots of new assets have gone into making the new countries feel unique and special
The industry's most consistent developer will never go out of business as long as he can count on support from people like the one who wrote this review.

Terra

Cipher
How have graphics and sound made a good leap forwards? The graphics have gotten even worse than before and sound is re-used from previous titles, with a lack of any music rounding off the status quo.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How have graphics and sound made a good leap forwards? The graphics have gotten even worse than before and sound is re-used from previous titles, with a lack of any music rounding off the status quo.

Well there's one music on the start screen and some sounds that play at various moments in the gameplay, perhaps he's talking about that?

Mortmal

Arcane
Art used on the tokens is fairly good, better than the previous ones, ton better than KOTC2. Problem is not artwork this time nor presentation but the streamlining. Still will buy the sequel , it delivers good strategic fights. Vogel's game are probably the most underated ones on codex.

Thunar

Educated
Vogel's game are probably the most underated ones on codex.
Idk, they feel the same to me. The dungeon design is usually good but I end up maxing out the skill tree at about 1/2 to 1/3rd of the game, leaving my character progression non existent.
I always have fun for the first 10-20 hours until I realize that I'm just playing a number's game. The same number's game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Art used on the tokens is fairly good, better than the previous ones, ton better than KOTC2. Problem is not artwork this time nor presentation but the streamlining. Still will buy the sequel , it delivers good strategic fights. Vogel's game are probably the most underated ones on codex.
Some of his games are a true gems,but other are pretty meh and this one is even terrible. I personaly own all of his game,without this shit,and had replayed them quite a few times.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Played this to the first fight? wtf Vogel games were so much nicer when you only had one party member?

Is it just me or is the GUI is just not that nice with 4 people?

baud

Arcane
Patron
Played this to the first fight? wtf Vogel games were so much nicer when you only had one party member?

Is it just me or is the GUI is just not that nice with 4 people?

What are the issue when playing with 4 party members? I mean I've got a few issues with the GUI, but they're the same regardless of the size of the party

the_shadow

Arcane
I have played the demo for a few hours, and my mind is actually blown by how minimalistic it is. It's essentially Avadon stripped down to its bare bones, plus a mediocre outdoor area that might as well not even exist. And Avadon was already pretty dumbed down from past Spiderweb games. There is a crappy base building component too, I honestly don't know why developers need to follow the trend of mindless base building in an exploration themed RPG. It was the least appealing part of NWN 2 and Pillars of Eternity, and is only one step above those annoying card games from KoTOR.

What boggles my mind is how *ugly* the game is. I don't expect good graphics in my RPGs, but how can the graphics in Spiderweb games be getting *worse* over time? And the writing is just cringe-worthy in some places, although I already expected it would be that way from the 'Mom has a job for you' trailer. For example, you read a random book about how your Nation's diplomatic strategy is to conquer a nation by allying with a certain faction within that nation and then play them against each other. Uh, sure, OK, that's pretty standard for any major superpower. But does that need to be explained in some random book you find lying around? Can't that be integrated into the plot or dialogue more subtly than just doing an info dump? Even Avadon did a better job of conveying Pact philosophy with a bit more maturity (eg. by having Redbeard ask you political questions and then provide a 'correct' answer as according to an Avadon loyalist).

Yeah, I'm going to pass on this one.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have played the demo for a few hours, and my mind is actually blown by how minimalistic it is. It's essentially Avadon stripped down to its bare bones, plus a mediocre outdoor area that might as well not even exist. And Avadon was already pretty dumbed down from past Spiderweb games. There is a crappy base building component too, I honestly don't know why developers need to follow the trend of mindless base building in an exploration themed RPG. It was the least appealing part of NWN 2 and Pillars of Eternity, and is only one step above those annoying card games from KoTOR.

What boggles my mind is how *ugly* the game is. I don't expect good graphics in my RPGs, but how can the graphics in Spiderweb games be getting *worse* over time? And the writing is just cringe-worthy in some places, although I already expected it would be that way from the 'Mom has a job for you' trailer. For example, you read a random book about how your Nation's diplomatic strategy is to conquer a nation by allying with a certain faction within that nation and then play them against each other. Uh, sure, OK, that's pretty standard for any major superpower. But does that need to be explained in some random book you find lying around? Can't that be integrated into the plot or dialogue more subtly than just doing an info dump? Even Avadon did a better job of conveying Pact philosophy with a bit more maturity (eg. by having Redbeard ask you political questions and then provide a 'correct' answer as according to an Avadon loyalist).

Yeah, I'm going to pass on this one.

Yeah, this is the first SpiderWeb game I ever quit after only a few hours and I'm not sure I'm coming back to it. I think that the issue is that Vogel intended to do two new things, but didn't know how to go about it:

1. Create a story where you start with a defined character with a backstory instead of just a faceless protagonist. I started the game by not even liking my main character or his royal family, so that was off-putting at the start. It's implied heavily that you're character is pampered and whiny. If you choose more adventurous dialogue, your family acts surprised.

2. He wanted you to partake in kingdom management, but didn't know how to blend that with an CRPG.

He should have just made you a faceless general in the Queen's army and told you to put down a rebellion, dropped some of the RPG elements and focused on kingdom building, or dropped the kingdom building elements and focused on the CRPG exploration. The combat is ok, but the graphics are a downgrade. He could have kept the Avernum graphics... in fact some are still used, so I don't know why he didn't. And the paper dolls being torn when enemies are defeated look silly. It's hard to explain this last part, but the UI just doesn't feel right with the game world. I can't recommend this one, and I supported the Kickstarter and am a SpiderWeb fanboy.

xuerebx

Erudite
I own all Spiderweb games, particularly really like Avernum: Escape from the Pit and the first two Geneforge games, and I backed the Queen's Wish kickstarter. I did manage to put in 40 hours into the game but I just couldn't finish it, and I don't think I'll ever go back to it. It has missing *things* which make Jeff's games usually enjoyable but I can't put my finger on a single item. The setting isn't really interesting or maybe it's because I played so many of his games that they start to feel more of the same. I did still back the recent Geneforge kickstarter though.

Probably the best description of the game, without using text haha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom