Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planet Zoo - Frontier Developments

Drakron

Arcane
Jesus, nobody is talking about this game despite having had a open beta some time back.

I have to say, from what I seen the animals look pretty good even if all the videos ended up focusing on "how to build a theme park with the animals as the attraction" and barely on the animals, there are some stuff I dont like such as area of affect for stuff like power substations thats kinda dumb as you could hide then from the guests but since area of affect they get upset about something they cannot even see.

Drakron

Arcane
Drakron Hey I really enjoyed their Jurassic Park game and their DLC. Would you recommend Planet Zoo then? Or should I wait for more content and patches? Cheers!

Well I havent played the beta since I found out about it late and wasnt going to buy the Deluxe edition to just play for a day but from what I seem there is both more and less that the Jurassic Park ... more as there is a lot more room to work with since Jurassic Park kinda runs out of room, less in the sense there are no Hotels and that sort of stuff but there is still food vending and other small stuff but I think because this is from their Planet series you can build customize then very much unlike Jurassic Park "this is this building and does this and thats that", animals seem to get sick since there is a vet building and habitats do take in consideration fauna type and crowding with different biomes as well diferent continents.

But the thing is, the beta only shown Franchise mode and a old build of that with a lot missing ... there is a Sandbox mode and a Campaign mode, I am interested simply I did liked many of Jurassic Park aspects like taking of the animals and that seems to be exactly the same here but Jurassic Park felt very contained as it was a movie tie-in so it was managing Jurassic World without much creativity outside enclosures, in Planet Zoo its possible to create a underwater viewing section even if its not "plop this and you are done".

I do hope they support this further by adding aquatic animals like Penguins or even go more to a Aquarium feel even if there is the temptation of just making Planet Aquarium.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom